All Points East Festival 2020

1 minute ago, NerdsNatterings said:

Wolf Alice are probably bigger than Kooks or BBC but smaller than the standard they've set the last few years. Personally reckon wolf Alice might do community 

Yeah, agree with that. I think a few of us have thought they are a good shout for  Community.

2 minutes ago, Dales said:

I think we expected LDR at one point and she would be the most likely to shift tickets. If they can't get her which looks likely then I think they will struggle if they want a top female act.

Would Wolfe Alice be deemed to small to headline this? Baring in mind the have lowered the bar a little.

Think it's safe to say that no act is now too small. 

Way I see it, say Wolf Alice were the final headliner, they would have three critically acclaimed, more eFestivals-friendly acts topping the bill and three, well, less so. The latter three, at a cheaper price point with greater appeal to a younger demographic, could actually sell better, leading to a shift in booking policy for future editions. (Should those take place in years to come, which I'd wager they will for licensing reasons, saving face, AEG being a brute of a presenter in general, etc.)

Let's face it, aside from The Strokes (who sort of tick both the above boxes), previous attempts have either sold out really late on or not at all, so a shift in focus is probably overdue by this point.

2 hours ago, R Shah said:

Rumour a while back on Truck forum is Loyle Carner is gonna be announced, and Bombay's sub slot is free currently. 

I currently have a truck ticket and could therefore hopefully see both of them there! 

But yeah as said, undercard is very solid for this APE day.

He's headlining wilderness festival the bombay night so you won't be seeing both a truck I'm afraid 

• Upvote 1

Is there any reason why Lizzo isn't considered as a headliner? After years of slogging (do check out debut album 'lizzobangers' from 2013 which is chock a block full of stone cold....er.....bangers!), She has blown up recently. I think she would be awesome, with the right crossover appeal of credibility and shiny popstar-ness.

Might be a bit of a pipe dream but Arcade Fire with a supporting line up of Modest Mouse, Death Cab for Cutie, The Dandy Warhols, Big Thief, The Brian Jonestown Massacre, Manchester Orchestra, The Growlers, White Denim, Orville Peck, Sunflower Beam, Bodega, Thyla, Mosa Wild and Harlem would be an absolute dream and would easily sell out at top price. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

I really don't think they are.

Hard to tell since Wolf Alice are in between album cycles at the moment, but I think they'll be coming back and cracking arenas. Kooks may have done a couple but I don't think they'll keep that up, a lot of people will be happy to say they've seen them once and then I think they'll go down a bit. A lot of people think Wolf Alice might end up subbing Reading next time they play, which is more then Kooks or BBC will ever get imo. Not that there is too much difference in size but I do think Wolf Alice have a slight edge,

17 minutes ago, retromoz said:

Is there any reason why Lizzo isn't considered as a headliner? After years of slogging (do check out debut album 'lizzobangers' from 2013 which is chock a block full of stone cold....er.....bangers!), She has blown up recently. I think she would be awesome, with the right crossover appeal of credibility and shiny popstar-ness.

Are there genuinely people saying she wouldn't headline? She's become one of the bigger names in music, she'd be amazing for this.

2 hours ago, Barnabylike said:

Might be a bit of a pipe dream but Arcade Fire with a supporting line up of Modest Mouse, Death Cab for Cutie, The Dandy Warhols, Big Thief, The Brian Jonestown Massacre, Manchester Orchestra, The Growlers, White Denim, Orville Peck, Sunflower Beam, Bodega, Thyla, Mosa Wild and Harlem would be an absolute dream and would easily sell out at top price. 

I wish I was as optimistic in life as you are 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, retromoz said:

Is there any reason why Lizzo isn't considered as a headliner?

Probably the main reason would be that so far there's no indication that she's going to visit this part of the world, instead so far she's just doing a handful of isolated shows in North America.

But yeah, of the vaguely realistic acts left, she'd easily be the best possible choice. Could sell it out comfortably without free tickets or an expensive undercard.

3 minutes ago, Johnkhutch said:

Major clutching at straws here, but could Grimes be a possibility? No European dates announced yet which could lead to the delay?

Got a baby on the way so if she’s had it by the time the festival comes around I’m not sure she’d want to get right on the road touring. I’m assuming most of/all her tour for this record has been delayed.

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Got a baby on the way so if she’s had it by the time the festival comes around I’m not sure she’d want to get right on the road touring. I’m assuming most of/all her tour for this record has been delayed.

Ah bugger that's right, I think I mentally blocked out her announcement image so completely forgot!

9 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

Where do CHVRCHES fit in with this potentially? They're doing a Scottish 2020 exclusive at Playground Fest so I assume they're going to be doing something or other in England. This definitely seems way too big but could potentially sub someone?

Probably Glastonbury and big weekend