All Points East Festival 2020

SomeoneListeningIn

6 minutes ago, sisco said:

Does seem mad that you can see them for cheaper at Victorious subbing Royal Blood 

Oh it really does. Also the fees apparently take it to over £50 according to DICE. Victorious has been ahead of the curve with ticket prices for years

49 minutes ago, huntyyy said:

Hoping for Cheap / Free tickets for Bombay Bicycle Club, Tame Impala and The Wombats. Great festival, been to days both years so far. Hope they manage to keep going but I feel 6 days per year is a bit over-ambitious given the capacity & amount of competition for London one dayers.

It's hardly going to thrive if people like you don't buy tickets and wait for free ones tho is it?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Was talking about the crowds they appeal to. The sort of people that would keep tabs on an All Points East lineup.

All of what you said (apart from The xx being an album away from headlining Glastonbury and significantly outselling Kooks/Catfish) I would agree with but it’s not what I was talking about at all.

I'd love to see the venn diagram for cross over between XX fans and Wombats fans...  Would also argue that there are tons of Strokes fans (or people like myself who like the Strokes, but would go no further down that path) who despise this type of indie landfill.

Emily Eavis has categorically said The XX are close to headliner level.  Subbed last time.  If the next album is good/popular, they're definitely there, especially considerint they would help with gender balance at the top of the bill.

14 minutes ago, VanderlyleTea said:

Will be a bit annoyed if I buy tickets and they end up going for cheap on the day.

The price point's fairly low for this one – not much more than what you'd pay for a regular BBC gig – so I'm guessing they'll only be giving away freebies if they're really, really struggling.

Edited by jannybruck

51 minutes ago, VanderlyleTea said:

How did NME fail to announce that Loyle Carner is subbing!? I might be being blind but I’m sure he wasn’t mentioned.

it's often the case that when a publication is tipped off early it doesn't get the full list of bands.

Whether that's deliberate or whether it's because an act is added just before the official announce time I'm not sure.

56 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

The price point's fairly low for this one – not much more than what you'd pay for a regular BBC gig – so I'm guessing they'll only be giving away freebies if they're really, really struggling.

They've just done an extensive UK tour, instores, and are playing Truck, Victorious and Y Not - I have a strong feeling they won't shift 45k tickets. 

20 minutes ago, R Shah said:

They've just done an extensive UK tour, instores, and are playing Truck, Victorious and Y Not - I have a strong feeling they won't shift 45k tickets. 

I think almost everyone who wants to see them surely will have by now (or already attending a festival they're playing). I think it will be a tough one to shift as even I am a big fan am fairly reluctant to pay that price. the solid undercard is making me consider it though.

51 minutes ago, theesundayroast said:

I think almost everyone who wants to see them surely will have by now (or already attending a festival they're playing). I think it will be a tough one to shift as even I am a big fan am fairly reluctant to pay that price. the solid undercard is making me consider it though.

Rumour a while back on Truck forum is Loyle Carner is gonna be announced, and Bombay's sub slot is free currently. 

I currently have a truck ticket and could therefore hopefully see both of them there! 

But yeah as said, undercard is very solid for this APE day.

I like Bombay but can't go that day, I would have gone if I was around. Not overly bothered as I picked up 6 Music tickets off twickets yesterday to see them at Brixton Electric. Most of the card are easy enough to find at other festivals/gigs. It's an ok lineup but not one to make you instantly grab your credit card and book tickets.

Do we think that APE is maybe lowering its level a little. I always thought it had fairly lofty ambitions but its bookings this year are at the level of other regional festival level. Which, I guess it is. I can't see many non-Londoners wanting to travel to APE this year.

Much kudos to Victorious for some of its bookings this year for putting APE headliners lower down on its lineup.

1 minute ago, Dales said:

I like Bombay but can't go that day, I would have gone if I was around. Not overly bothered as I picked up 6 Music tickets off twickets yesterday to see them at Brixton Electric. Most of the card are easy enough to find at other festivals/gigs. It's an ok lineup but not one to make you instantly grab your credit card and book tickets.

Do we think that APE is maybe lowering its level a little. I always thought it had fairly lofty ambitions but its bookings this year are at the level of other regional festival level. Which, I guess it is. I can't see many non-Londoners wanting to travel to APE this year.

Much kudos to Victorious for some of its bookings this year for putting APE headliners lower down on its lineup.

APE spunked it’s load pretty early on headliner wise and it seems they’re struggling to keep up the same level of headliner. Tame Impala on an exclusive this year is a great get for them, but otherwise the rest isn’t quite up to the standard they were clearly originally aiming for. At least they’re pricing it accordingly though.

So are Arcade Fire gonna be the final Headliner as a UK or World Exclusive. Just for clarification, I am grasping at straws because I really want it to be them, but it would make sense that they'd have the potential best selling headliner as the final announcement, and having it on the Sunday of the second weekend would make a pretty special final show of the festival. I know they were rumoured earlier in the forum but they haven't directly said that they aren't active this year, so if they were there it'd certainly bring the festival from the pits of despair that its currently in. 

7 minutes ago, Barnabylike said:

So are Arcade Fire gonna be the final Headliner as a UK or World Exclusive. Just for clarification, I am grasping at straws because I really want it to be them, but it would make sense that they'd have the potential best selling headliner as the final announcement, 

That makes perfect sense to keep the biggest till last to close the festival. However, we may need to lower the bar a bit from Arcade Fire if the other headliners are anything to go by.

Surely, it has to be a female headliner?

7 minutes ago, Dales said:

That makes perfect sense to keep the biggest till last to close the festival. However, we may need to lower the bar a bit from Arcade Fire if the other headliners are anything to go by.

Surely, it has to be a female headliner?

Totally agree. However, I am struggling to think of a suitable female headliner that could shift 40k tickets at full price, Lana Del Ray would have been perfect but she's been ruled out, Florence I can't see doing It, Fka Twigs would be great but I don't think she'd shift that many tickets, Bjork and The XX headlined a couple of years ago, the closest would be Haim, they could possibly shift a few tickets at the lower price bracket but I couldn't see them selling out a full priced day.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Barnabylike said:

Totally agree. However, I am struggling to think of a suitable female headliner that could shift 40k tickets at full price, Lana Del Ray would have been perfect but she's been ruled out, Florence I can't see doing It, Fka Twigs would be great but I don't think she'd shift that many tickets, Bjork and The XX headlined a couple of years ago, the closest would be Haim, they could possibly shift a few tickets at the lower price bracket but I couldn't see them selling out a full priced day.

Haim, might be a decent call. Although, I have a feeling they may just go with another male headliner and take the flack for it.

Haim are at Latitude so won’t be here.

if you believe there will be a female headliner LDR is still most likely IMO.

We know she is about as she is doing Prima. Since Emily Eavis’ comment that Glastonbury would be her only UK Fest LDR has cancelled an entire UK tour which opens the door to APE I think. 

3 minutes ago, John L said:

Haim are at Latitude so won’t be here.

if you believe there will be a female headliner LDR is still most likely IMO.

We know she is about as she is doing Prima. Since Emily Eavis’ comment that Glastonbury would be her only UK Fest LDR has cancelled an entire UK tour which opens the door to APE I think. 

Not sure her cancelling the EU tour has anything to do with APE, personally... 

"sorry to let everyone down so last minute but this illness has taken me by surprise and have totally lost my singing voice. Dr has advised 4 weeks off for the moment. I hate to let everyone down but I need to get well. Love Lana"

I think we expected LDR at one point and she would be the most likely to shift tickets. If they can't get her which looks likely then I think they will struggle if they want a top female act.

Would Wolfe Alice be deemed to small to headline this? Baring in mind the have lowered the bar a little.

4 minutes ago, Dales said:

I think we expected LDR at one point and she would be the most likely to shift tickets. If they can't get her which looks likely then I think they will struggle if they want a top female act.

Would Wolfe Alice be deemed to small to headline this? Baring in mind the have lowered the bar a little.

Wolf Alice are probably bigger than Kooks or BBC but smaller than the standard they've set the last few years. Personally reckon wolf Alice might do community