All Points East Festival 2020

SomeoneListeningIn

2 hours ago, xxialac said:

Biffy and Royal Blood?

I think they would be a decent set of headliners for the last days. My thoughts are that Royal Blood might be the more likely as we know they are headlining festivals in May and then are still about for Victorious in late August. My assumption is that they will do more this summer. Maybe finish at APE in May before going to Europe before heading back to the UK for Victorious?

2 minutes ago, Waffle567 said:

Disclosure have a couple of new tracks and a gap in the schedule. Considering the last couple of years have had big electronic acts on the Friday, I think these guys could be a safe bet. Maybe the delay on announcing the Friday is because they had to wait for the Disclosure tracks to drop? 

They're at Lovebox...

I thought it would be useful, to maybe do a list of potential headliners for the remainder two days - just based on certain people touring and playing at other festivals - I may have got this all wrong, so apologies if so:

The Libertines
Lana Del Rey (if Emily Eavis doesn't classify this as a festival)
Placebo
Foo Fighters
Flume
Pet Shop Boys
Four Tet
Vampire Weekend
Two Door Cinema Club
Lizzo
Solange

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, chilirocker said:

I thought it would be useful, to maybe do a list of potential headliners for the remainder two days - just based on certain people touring and playing at other festivals - I may have got this all wrong, so apologies if so:

The Libertines
Placebo
Foo Fighters
Flume
Pet Shop Boys
Four Tet
Vampire Weekend
Two Door Cinema Club
Lizzo
Solange

I think you can add The Stereophonics to that list. A number of summer dates but none in the South of England yet. O2 gig on 6 March hence no announcement yet. If you chucked in the likes of Editors and Suede I think you’d sell some tickets. 

28 minutes ago, chilirocker said:

The Libertines
Placebo
Foo Fighters
Flume
Pet Shop Boys
Four Tet
Vampire Weekend
Two Door Cinema Club
Lizzo
Solange

You're missing Bombay Bicycle Club and there's no way Foo Fighters would do this

1 hour ago, chilirocker said:

The Libertines
Placebo
Foo Fighters
Flume
Pet Shop Boys
Four Tet
Vampire Weekend
Two Door Cinema Club
Lizzo
Solange

+Biffy, +Royal Blood, would've thought Four Tet is a bit too small to headline

1 hour ago, chilirocker said:

The Libertines
Placebo
Foo Fighters
Flume
Pet Shop Boys
Four Tet
Vampire Weekend
Two Door Cinema Club
Lizzo
Solange
Bombay Bicycle Club
Royal Blood
Biffy Clyro
Stereophonics
Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds

Also added Noel Gallagher for the scraping of the barrel...

25 minutes ago, JoeR said:

Four Tet playing Junction 2 at Boston Manor Park on Friday 5th June, so maybe unlikely to be at APE.

There should also be expectation of a female headliner being announced.

That's a very good point. 6 male headliners in 2020 would be seriously embarrassing.

Lizzo would be perfect with her star on the rise. I don't think Solange would sell enough. I don't think Noel Gallagher's high flying BIRDS count.

51 minutes ago, JoeR said:

Four Tet playing Junction 2 at Boston Manor Park on Friday 5th June, so maybe unlikely to be at APE.

There should also be expectation of a female headliner being announced.

They should throw a lot of money at Stevie Nicks, supported by Brian Wilson. 

But they won't.