All Points East Festival 2020

SomeoneListeningIn

2 hours ago, gfa said:

I think the issue with the Tame day is all the acts are so un-mainstream. I think artists supporting them should appeal to the mainstream more as the undercard really won’t pull in many more mainstream Tame Impala fans. The same problem was at Citadel too - anyway I hope theres free tickets so i can see glass animals my favourite band for £2.50 ( and tame too!)

Nah, Caribou have headlined Field Day, Secret Garden Party, Green Man, Citadel and others. Clearly people like them.

And they are second line at Coachella. 

The Avalanches are a really nice addition to the Tame Impala day for me, also quite impressed with Yellow Days after giving him a listen as well, can't say I'd heard of him before!

Has there been any confirmation the days are six stages again? I know the APE ones were last year but the APE Presents had four and doesn't look like they're billing any as 'Presents...' for 2020 so didn't know if this had any bearing.

9 hours ago, xxialac said:

Nah, Caribou have headlined Field Day, Secret Garden Party, Green Man, Citadel and others. Clearly people like them.

And they are second line at Coachella. 

Also the crowd for caribou for citadel when they were before sigur ros was possibly bigger than for sigur ros who headlined. They’ll draw a lot in I think.

7 minutes ago, chilirocker said:

Could The Weeknd be a possibility for this with a new album coming out and no tour dates announced? He did a festival tour when his last album came out. I'm struggling to think of any headliner acts yet to be announced, unless they bring back The Strokes after the debacle of last year alongside their new album. 

He announced tour dates a couple of hours ago for October including 3 nights at the o2

I think there's only really 2 options, either it's another day like the kooks/wombats or it'll be someone who hasn't announced any tour dates yet and is big enough to make the APE guys wait. If this was someone who has already been announced for festivals like Calvin Harris, I can't think what they'd wait for. 

I guess they could be scrambling for someone? 

If we assume Bombay Bicycle Club are headlining one day, that leaves one left. Hoping for Eminem or arcade fire, expecting someone like Dizzee Rascal

Edited by Marctington

48 minutes ago, Dukey said:

Would be it be possible for someone like Dave to do a day? Would be a good time to announce after his Brits success and he's not playing anywhere else 

Dave would do really well I think but most of the suitable rap/grime acts that could make an undercard have been hoovered up by Wireless and Lovebox and others. I can't really see indie or pop bands slotting in well with him.

Edited by jannybruck
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Marctington said:

If we assume Bombay Bicycle Club are headlining one day, that leaves one left. Hoping for Eminem or arcade fire, expecting someone like Dizzee Rascal

I can't see Bombay doing it now unless it's a similar sort of cheaper co-headliner like the Kooks/Wombats day. BBC have already done a lot of London gigs in the past few months and I just don't think they'd have much pull for people to invest in a day ticket to see them.

8 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

I can't see Bombay doing it now unless it's a similar sort of cheaper co-headliner like the Kooks/Wombats day. BBC have already done a lot of London gigs in the past few months and I just don't think they'd have much pull for people to invest in a day ticket to see them.

Bombay have been a very easy band to see so far this year. Looks like their touring relentlessly. Can't help but think anyone who wants to see them will have done already. Still possible they could be a sub headline.

I love the band but have seen them twice already this year so would unlikely even fork out £30 for a ticket unless there was a solid set of undercards.