All Points East Festival 2020

SomeoneListeningIn

5 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Yep, the festival that gave you LCD Soundsystem, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Phoenix, Young Fathers, Hookworms and Glass Animals runs a days with Kooks, Wombats, Tom Walker, Jake Bugg and Gabrielle Aplin.

And the same year they ran Catfish, Blossoms, The Hunna and The Neighbourhood - last year Bring Me The Horizon headlined albeit a strong undercard (great day), it’s really nothing new and I wouldn’t be surprised if they went into this year planning to do an indie rock day - atleast they can guarantee sales knowing the popularity of events like Community and the better ‘Rock’ line up day last year (Bring Me), clearly didn’t work, so mainstream indie it is.

Really don’t see this as a downwards turn for the festival, clearly they know this day is of a ‘lower quality’ considering the ticket prices and the ‘co-headliners’.

35 minutes ago, Stuielooie said:

I think people are forgetting, The Kooks are subbing the cheapest day at Victorious Festival... APE should be aiming higher

This just highlights how well Victorious have done this year. Bombay Bicycle Club are 3rd down on the Sunday yet are headlining Truck (as are Kooks).

Can we also remember that APE are making it cheaper for the Kooks/Wombats day. 

I don’t think it’s a massive issue. They have got 3 great days so far which is more than we can say for lots of festivals.

Anyway, can’t see that Tame Impala day selling out now seeing as there are likely a lot of unknowns on that line up to the bulk of Tame’s UK fan base, I’m sure the artists are great but most people I know that are Tame Impala fans probably only also listen to Glass Animals out of the rest, even Caribou is a stretch.

If free tickets are on the cards that’s amazing for me though, and I’m looking forward to getting into some of these other artists booked.

16 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Yep, the festival that gave you LCD Soundsystem, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Phoenix, Young Fathers, Hookworms and Glass Animals runs a days with Kooks, Wombats, Tom Walker, Jake Bugg and Gabrielle Aplin.

5 minutes ago, frontsidecab said:

And the same year they ran Catfish, Blossoms, The Hunna and The Neighbourhood - last year

Yep, that day is just as bad, if not worse. Big Moon makes it look better in hindsight, but they were relatively unknown at the time so probably can't take them into account. 

2 minutes ago, frontsidecab said:

Anyway, can’t see that Tame Impala day selling out now seeing as there are likely a lot of unknowns on that line up to the bulk of Tame’s UK fan base, I’m sure the artists are great but most people I know that are Tame Impala fans probably only also listen to Glass Animals out of the rest, even Caribou is a stretch.

If free tickets are on the cards that’s amazing for me though, and I’m looking forward to getting into some of these other artists booked.

You reckon? Without making too many assumptions about overlap, I'm thinking the opposite. Very strong additions in The Avalanches and Lapsley yesterday, with some great acts already there. It's a fantastic lineup and I'm now thinking of not risking it and buying a ticket soon. Whilst I don't actually think it will sell out soon, I think the potential of free ones is quite low so it's no longer worth waiting. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Yep, that day is just as bad, if not worse. Big Moon makes it look better in hindsight, but they were relatively unknown at the time so probably can't take them into account. 

Big Moon played to a small crowd in the Jagerhaus, it was fantastic really. Other highlights that day were Sea Girls on the tiny firestone stage, Magic Gang on main and Frank Carter killing it on the North Stage.

1 minute ago, frontsidecab said:

I take your point about genre but most people have a reasonably broad mix of tastes these days and the acts are not a million miles away style wise. We're not talking about heavy metal here. 

The Avalanches used to be a major name.

Rolling Coastal Blackouts, Whitney and Kelly Lee Owens are all pretty well regarded names now.

Caribou headlined Field Day a few years back in the same venue and still a pretty big draw.

Will sell out.

1 minute ago, The Martini Police said:

You reckon? Without making too many assumptions about overlap, I'm thinking the opposite. Very strong additions in The Avalanches and Lapsley yesterday, with some great acts already there. It's a fantastic lineup and I'm now thinking of not risking it and buying a ticket soon. Whilst I don't actually think it will sell out soon, I think the potential of free ones is quite low so it's no longer worth waiting. 

Depends on the age range. I don’t think many late teens/early twenties will listen to either of those - maybe I’m wrong but Tame Impala and Glass Animals were very popular amongst people I knew at uni a couple years back. Depends on how well it sells to an older demographic but 70+ quid for a day ticket is super expensive for a younger visitor when festivals like Truck are a full weekend at 120, for example.

4 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I take your point about genre but most people have a reasonably broad mix of tastes these days and the acts are not a million miles away style wise. We're not talking about heavy metal here. 

The Avalanches used to be a major name.

Rolling Coastal Blackouts, Whitney and Kelly Lee Owens are all pretty well regarded names now.

Caribou headlined Field Day a few years back in the same venue and still a pretty big draw.

Will sell out.

Yeah I get that these are popular and established acts but is there enough for an average Tame Impala fan to pay that much, probably not. Atleast not for me or anyone I know - not that it’s representative ofcourse.

Just now, frontsidecab said:

Yeah I get that these are popular and established acts but is there enough for an average Tame Impala fan to pay that much, probably not. Atleast not for me or anyone I know - not that it’s representative ofcourse.

Did they even sell out the O2 at like 35-40 a ticket last year? Think Citadel was about the same and that didn’t either.

1 minute ago, GrumpyRaver said:

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if they planned to do an indie rock day. What surprises me is that they thought The Kooks should headline it.

I tried hard to listen to The Kooks with an open mind. Must be some quality there. Just need to persevere. 

But nope, it's just so....beige.

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

I tried hard to listen to The Kooks with an open mind. Must be some quality there. Just need to persevere. 

But nope, it's just so....beige.

Honestly one of the most boring live bands I’ve seen too, The Wombats are much better live. If Kooks go after Wombats like they did at Reading 2018, it will be once again glaringly obvious how dull they are.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, xxialac said:

On the back of lots of publicity, a new album and a very solid undercard they'll make it.

See I wanna book tickets but only really Tame Impala, Rolling Blackouts CF & Possibly Glass Animals appeal at the moment. The Strokes sold out last year I don't see this line up comparing to that in my opinion 

17 minutes ago, frontsidecab said:

Honestly one of the most boring live bands I’ve seen too, The Wombats are much better live. If Kooks go after Wombats like they did at Reading 2018, it will be once again glaringly obvious how dull they are.

On the plus side you could leave after Wombats and then beat the crowd to the tube as they watch Kooks.

• Upvote 1

On 2/14/2020 at 6:08 PM, GrumpyRaver said:

Will it fuck.

Its a pretty strong ‘community day’ for £45 a month earlier than community. Coupled with the fact its been announced before Community and is likely one of the few Wombats shows this year too I think it can sell more than either of those did.

4 hours ago, shaun Mulhern said:

See I wanna book tickets but only really Tame Impala, Rolling Blackouts CF & Possibly Glass Animals appeal at the moment. The Strokes sold out last year I don't see this line up comparing to that in my opinion 

I think the issue with the Tame day is all the acts are so un-mainstream. I think artists supporting them should appeal to the mainstream more as the undercard really won’t pull in many more mainstream Tame Impala fans. The same problem was at Citadel too - anyway I hope theres free tickets so i can see glass animals my favourite band for £2.50 ( and tame too!)