All Points East Festival 2020

SomeoneListeningIn

I’m not gonna go to the Kooks day but it’s cheaper and will appeal to quite a few. It’s one day of music out of six. Why are people so angry/confused? Don’t go if you don’t want to. 
Saying you’re surprised that certain music you dislike is popular with others can’t be a new thing. I can’t stand lots of the stuff in the top 40 but it’s a waste of time to complain that others like them.

There will always be festivals that appeal to your music tastes.

2 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

Wow. Are you for real? :lol:

It seems some are taking this way too seriously.  In early july 160000 peoe will pack twickenham.over 2 nights to see an act with very few songs in English and pay in excess of a hundred pounds for the good seats  k-pop is the death of music not a lighthearted day of indie pop

• Downvote 2

6 minutes ago, NerdsNatterings said:

Feel like the rise of streaming has quite a bit to do with bands like this having a resurgence. While previously they would've faded into obscurity, some bands end up having a few big songs that end up being thrown into a tonne of playlists and then a generation of people who were too young to see them when they were initially 'big' want to see them. Bands like the kooks and the Wombats are almost gateways into newer bands for a lot of people my age and below. 

I completely agree with this! This has always happened in music. Bands come in and out of fashion... like fashion does. Obviously for different reasons (streaming in this case).

The Strokes had a boost of popularity when they brought out Angles and started headlining again. I remember back then that lots of people complained about them being irrelevant when they headlined Reading in 2011 but they were massively popular on the day.

• Upvote 1

Why do people care that they have booked the Kooks & Wombats? 

By your own admission many of you are praising the bookings of Massive Attack/Kraftwerk/Tame Impala and still you will not buy tickets! At some point I think efestivals members were the target market. (target market, maybe Kaiser Chiefs to headline a day) If your target market will not buy sufficient tickets then surely they have to look somewhere else.

So why criticise when they do something different and book an alternative. We all know that the above 3 are critically acclaimed but that does not always sell well even to those who champion them and clearly want the festival to stick to those sort of acts.

It will be interesting to see who the last 2 day headliners are to see if Kooks/Wombats is a blip or a shift in booking policy. Personally, I think it was rubbish to put Massive Attack & Kraftwerk on different weekends and probably cost them some extra sales from travelling fans. Them and Tame on the same weekend would probably have sold better then them separated and worth a trip up to London for the crowd APE originally set its sights on.

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, JBarbour said:

I can't wait for scenes when this outsells the Tame day and all the cool kids lose their shit :lol:

I go back to my quote from last night 

3 minutes ago, atomised said:

It seems some are taking this way too seriously.  In early july 160000 peoe will pack twickenham.over 2 nights to see an act with very few songs in English and pay in excess of a hundred pounds for the good seats  k-pop is the death of music not a lighthearted day of indie pop

The Kooks day will probably outsell the "really strong headliners". It may not be to everyones tastes but people losing their shit over a festival announcement and comparing it to voting tories and brexit is overkill. :lol: 

• Upvote 1

Not angry in the slightest but blows my mind that more people want to listen to 

Just now, wro_lap said:

Looking at booking my travel down to APE (not for the Kooks day). Does anyone know where the nearest coach station to Victoria Park is?

Ideally though prob unrealistically come into to Liverpool Street. Easy from there. From Victoria CS (ironically) it's a schlep, although at least it's on the same tube line.

7 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Ideally though prob unrealistically come into to Liverpool Street. Easy from there. From Victoria CS (ironically) it's a schlep, although at least it's on the same tube line.

How so unrealistically? Thanks for the info though. How long would it take to get there from Victoria via the tube?

Just now, wro_lap said:

How so unrealistically? Thanks for the info though. How long would it take to get there from Victoria via the tube?

Only as I thought almost all buses go into Victoria and very few go into Liverpool Street.

You could also get off at Oxford Circus and direct to Mile End.

I'd assume 50 minutes from getting off the coach to joining the queue in the park, possibly an hour.

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Only as I thought almost all buses go into Victoria and very few go into Liverpool Street.

You could also get off at Oxford Circus and direct to Mile End.

I'd assume 50 minutes from getting off the coach to joining the queue in the park, possibly an hour.

Okay cheers. Much appreciated!

22 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

Looking at booking my travel down to APE (not for the Kooks day). Does anyone know where the nearest coach station to Victoria Park is?

Depending on where you're coming from, it might be worth getting a coach to Stratford & going to Mile End from there

Didn't Neil have info on Bombay Bicycle Club? Not sure where they'd fit in now. 

The Kooks day is comical but, hey, if people enjoy it then good on 'em. 

Personally I'm still over the moon about Tame & Massive Attack. The Avalanches and OTHERLiiNE being added is a real plus. 

If we are playing the guessing game again. I did think that The Libertines were a good shout for Community Festival. Now that APE are competing for the same bands then I will say The Libertines for one of the unannounced APE Days. I really do think that the last 2 may well send this Forum in to meltdown if/when they move away from what we perceive as been APE artists.

I could see Skunk Anansie popping up on the under card on an APE day.

2 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Didn't Neil have info on Bombay Bicycle Club? Not sure where they'd fit in now. 

The Kooks day is comical but, hey, if people enjoy it then good on 'em. 

Personally I'm still over the moon about Tame & Massive Attack. The Avalanches and OTHERLiiNE being added is a real plus. 

They could support someone like Royal Blood or Biffy Clyro on the Sun of weekend 2 perhaps. 

10 minutes ago, VanderlyleTea said:

Now that we have a new day I’m gonna get back to guessing. 

Vampire Weekend, Maggie Rogers, Editors

Lana Del Rey, Loyle Carner, Wolf Alice

Lana is a glasto exclusive. 

10 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

They could support someone like Royal Blood or Biffy Clyro on the Sun of weekend 2 perhaps. 

I appreciate that Emily said that she thinks it’s the only festival Lana is doing but....

Glastonbury doesn’t do exclusives

Would she perceive APE as a festival

10 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

1 minute ago, sisco said:

I appreciate that Emily said that she thinks it’s the only festival Lana is doing but....

Yeah the quote is "I believe it’s her only UK festival which is even better.”

So it might be an exclusive but they've not billed it as or booked it as an exclusive, so she could show up elsewhere.  

2 hours ago, Dales said:

That's a bit harsh on the Kooks, its one thing to say their songs are lame or they are naff live but you cant lump them in with Brexit and the Tories.

Maybe, I need to go back and listen to them again. maybe they have hidden meaning in their early stuff paving the way to Brexit.

She moves in her own way, Moving on to better things, those happy pop tunes. I wonder did they secretly engineer brexit...........

"Oh oh oh,,,, she only moves in the UK"

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sisco said:

Emily might not but I often struggle to see why so many efestival members class APE as a Festival but not BST which they class as not a real festival.

Two organisation putting on one day events with multiple stages in a London parks. One struggles to sell its tickets but is a festival, the other often sells out its days but is not a festival.

I wish someone would enlighten me 😊with out moaning about sponsorship blah blah blah