All Points East Festival 2020

SomeoneListeningIn

I don’t see the problem with Kooks, while its not the most exciting booking its cheap and will sell better than BMTH and Christine. Also their Community day was the busiest one yet it seemed to me and they have a pretty wide audience.

1 hour ago, gfa said:

I don’t see the problem with Kooks, while its not the most exciting booking its cheap and will sell better than BMTH and Christine. Also their Community day was the busiest one yet it seemed to me and they have a pretty wide audience.

I don't think you can rely on previous tours in the same way.

BMTH sold out 2 nights at Alexandra Palace and most of an arena tour before APE which I would argue is less than the Kooks could handle at this point.

As the same time, I'm not sure where the 5K tickets information came, the day was as busy as Bon Iver from what I recollect.

19 hours ago, jannybruck said:

I'd be genuinely shocked if Lana didn't play. She's doing Primavera and other EU fests right after APE is done and has nothing on for the second half of May.

Would be strange for Glasto to make a rare (for them) claim to an exclusive if it's not the case.

19 hours ago, John L said:

Vampire Weekend could play the first weekend but I don’t think they are big enough to headline a day?

I'd say they definitely are.

55 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Will Massive Attack be doing the Mezzanine tour or the hits? Nonetheless it won’t sell out so I’ll get for cheap. 

On a separate note what are APE doing? They need to get a crack on. 

General consensus seems to be the former. 

And nothing very sensible, not least if The Kooks are headlining... 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Will Massive Attack be doing the Mezzanine tour or the hits? Nonetheless it won’t sell out so I’ll get for cheap. 

On a separate note what are APE doing? They need to get a crack on. 

13 minutes ago, stereodista said:

General consensus seems to be the former. 

And nothing very sensible, not least if The Kooks are headlining... 

Pretty sure it’ll just be a regular MA set as the Mezzanine tour is over and their upcoming shows haven’t been advertised as Mezzanine shows. 

3 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Would be strange for Glasto to make a rare (for them) claim to an exclusive if it's not the case.

I'd say they definitely are.

Has anyone else wondered about All Points East and Glastonbury having some competition/conflict?

Goldenvoice, the company behind APE, is infamous for highly restrictive radius clauses acts are forced to sign to play their festivals as well as aggressive, anti-competitive behavior towards festivals in the new markets they enter. I believe this behavior is tolerated because of their large paychecks. 

When the first APE happened in London I was blown away by the lineup but noted that it happened on the Glasto fallow year, and I believe that was on purpose. 

Glastonbury is in a very special position in the music industry, and I think a U.S. company coming in and trying to muscle away acts with large paychecks... I think all Glasto would have to do is make the slightest peep for the whole country to get outraged at GoldenVoice... 

And this is all complete bullshit/internet conjecture, but I wonder if the Glasto LDR announcement (and calling it an "exclusive") plus APE's trouble announcing their full lineup in a timely manner relates to this wildly hypothetical story I've had running in my head since that first APE... 

here are 2 links for context to my statements about GoldenVoice

Their terrible radius clauses - https://www.spin.com/2018/04/coachella-radius-clause-lawsuit/

GoldenVoice trying to muscle smaller festivals - https://www.stereogum.com/1854338/all-points-east-what-the-hell-is-going-on-with-panorama-governors-ball-the-battle-for-new-york-city/franchises/sounding-board/

(Governors Ball was able to survive and even chase out GoldenVoice in the end, but 4 months after this article they sold their formerly independently run company to LiveNation, which is probably the only reason they were able to win)

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

I'd be surprised if any of it sold out tbh...

Ticketmaster offer for kraftwerk day: you can buy a ticket and get a free ticket for the design museum electronic music exhibition from May

Yeah I see just cause I'm waiting for the full headliners before booking tickets, at the moment Tame Impala looks good just wondered if they would sell out that's all 

6 hours ago, Callum_96 said:

I see Two Door Cinema Club are teasing something to do with their debut being 10 years old, teasing 1st March which falls on a Tuesday. With them being billed as Special Guests on the Reading line up I think this could be a goer...

That potentially could be something to keep an eye on.

4 hours ago, assorted said:

Has anyone else wondered about All Points East and Glastonbury having some competition/conflict?

Goldenvoice, the company behind APE, is infamous for highly restrictive radius clauses acts are forced to sign to play their festivals as well as aggressive, anti-competitive behavior towards festivals in the new markets they enter. I believe this behavior is tolerated because of their large paychecks. 

When the first APE happened in London I was blown away by the lineup but noted that it happened on the Glasto fallow year, and I believe that was on purpose. 

Glastonbury is in a very special position in the music industry, and I think a U.S. company coming in and trying to muscle away acts with large paychecks... I think all Glasto would have to do is make the slightest peep for the whole country to get outraged at GoldenVoice... 

And this is all complete bullshit/internet conjecture, but I wonder if the Glasto LDR announcement (and calling it an "exclusive") plus APE's trouble announcing their full lineup in a timely manner relates to this wildly hypothetical story I've had running in my head since that first APE... 

here are 2 links for context to my statements about GoldenVoice

Their terrible radius clauses - https://www.spin.com/2018/04/coachella-radius-clause-lawsuit/

GoldenVoice trying to muscle smaller festivals - https://www.stereogum.com/1854338/all-points-east-what-the-hell-is-going-on-with-panorama-governors-ball-the-battle-for-new-york-city/franchises/sounding-board/

(Governors Ball was able to survive and even chase out GoldenVoice in the end, but 4 months after this article they sold their formerly independently run company to LiveNation, which is probably the only reason they were able to win)

I don't think 2019 was significantly weaker than 2018 anyway, but a lot of the 2019 artists ended up at Glasto anyway - Chems, BMTH, Christine, all headlined then played Glasto and then artists like Hot Chip, Interpol, Jon Hopkins, Johnny Marr, Kurt Vile, Mac DeMarco etc who played both.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, VanderlyleTea said:

Any possibility of the following being here? Not all of them as headliners but they are around atm... 

Vampire Weekend

Editors

Pixies

Maggie Rogers

Elbow

Foals

Pixies already announced for BST, so they’re out.

Foals are playing three nights at Olympia the same month, so they’re also out. 

Would question whether any of the others are big enough to headline, but then again, who else can they get to fill three nights with a touch over three months to go?!