All Points East Festival 2020

SomeoneListeningIn

57 minutes ago, stocky3000 said:

I have heard the Kooks but it sounds so ridiculous that I can not believe it. Would fit the comment about community on the previous pages though.

That clue was definitely referring to the Kooks, so we now have 2 sources for that. Looks like it's gonna happen. Surely fewer stages that day and then 2 bigger headliners to come then. Biffy Clyro looks the best bet for one of them but haven't a clue on the other. 

4 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

I can't see them headlining a full day but they're very much comparable to Catfish in 2018 - could easily be a day like that. Plus, the (first) source has correctly delivered the other headliners. 

I don’t want to live in a world where Beck, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Justice, Interpol and Iggy Pop are considered subs whilst the bleeding Kooks are deemed headliner material.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, The Martini Police said:

I can't see them headlining a full day but they're very much comparable to Catfish in 2018 - could easily be a day like that. Plus, the (first) source has correctly delivered the other headliners. 

Catfish - who while awful are very popular with young people and played on Radio 1 - are in no way comparable to a band who haven’t been remotely revelation for more than a decade and were shit even when they were popular.

• Like 1

Wouldn't surprise me if they are struggling to book headliners.

Bookers of arena size bands/artists on the up may be dubious, have reputations to think of: "Didn't you give away loads of tickets for free last year? Sound issues for The Strokes sell out? Sure you know what you're doing?"

The Kooks, though, no chance.

10 minutes ago, fingers_mark said:

Wouldn't surprise me if they are struggling to book headliners.

Bookers of arena size bands/artists on the up may be dubious, have reputations to think of: "Didn't you give away loads of tickets for free last year? Sound issues for The Strokes sell out? Sure you know what you're doing?"

The Kooks, though, no chance.

Nah that’s nonsense.

Pay them their fee and they’ll play - no one gives a feck about how they fill the venue. And sound issues were a one off. All festivals have sound issues from time to time.

• Like 1

I don't think it'll be blink-182 due to it being too close to their USA tour for a band where a member has to sail across the Atlantic to get here.

Lana being ruled out is a surprise given how people had it nailed on she was gonna do this. But then maybe it isn't - there's been a lot of dead certs falling through this year.

Biffy clyro have been pretty active on their socials this week with colourful cards being the main thing... presumably that's a sign something is coming very soon.

Edited by charlierc

13 hours ago, WStoner said:

Where's this Kooks stuff coming from? It isn't 2006 Haha. Their last album came out two years ago and charted at No 9 in the UK. They aren't exactly popular young go-getting ticket sellers with consistent a back catalogue? 

(IIRC) someone on here who has had reliable info on some of the other acts playing gave us a clue that it was an artist related to Community Festival, and a second person independently heard it was The Kooks.

3 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Only one has had issues, as such. But personally I find the general quiet sound level an issue. I know there's not much they can do about that though.

You can only go by what you know, I’ve been three times in the last couple of years and have never had an issue (I wasn’t at the Stokes mind).

• Upvote 1