All Points East Festival 2020

13 hours ago, atomised said:

Beck confirms brixton academy show in July

Was gutted to miss out on the 2016 date at Brixton so this is of interest.

Quite something that I initially thought this year was going to be quiet for gigs after 2018/19 were intense on that front... there's like a good 10 things I want to do already. 😝

13 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Biffy Clyro’s absence from R/L has surely got to make them seem likely for this now considering there’s few festivals left for them to be at? 

I'm not sure what their options really are. I'm aware that until it became apparent Stormzy was going to do R&L on top of his pre-announced arena commitments, Biffy were linked with it. So this has to be up there for them though.

Unless there's some other event we've all missed. Personally I think them subbing Foos at BST Hyde Park would be pretty awesome, but that's fantasy shit. Even if that would be better in a stadium imo as Hyde Park's acoustics are patchy.

Edited by charlierc

32 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

Would be chuffed with a Biffy/Lana double header on the Saturday and Sunday of the second weekend. 

Which would both explain the late announcements. Biffy once their album/tour is announced (you'd imagine imminently, maybe next week?) and Lana after her UK arena tour finishes so would probably be a 3rd March announcement if it happens.  

26 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Which would both explain the late announcements. Biffy once their album/tour is announced (you'd imagine imminently, maybe next week?) and Lana after her UK arena tour finishes so would probably be a 3rd March announcement if it happens.  

I don't think there's any reason to delay a Lana announcement until March – her O2 date has sold out and the rest of the regional dates are pretty much all gone as well.

2 hours ago, Han-Tyumi said:

Her and her team! LDR's solo tour will almost certainly be a type of deal where if she passes 'x' amount of ticket sales, she makes more money. Festivals play flat fees so that's not applicable. 

As previously stated, her O2 date has sold out, and the rest of the tour is basically there, so can’t see the benefit.  In fact, if tickets sell poorly as a result of the delay it would be incredibly bad PR and damage her brand, like it did for C&TQ’s

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Do we think someone pulled out?

Well, it’s likely NIN did, but that was a while back. Arcade Fire may have as well, or at least they could have been involved in protracted negotiations which didn’t succeed. Same could be true for RATM or MCR.

Edited by GrumpyRaver

1 hour ago, GrumpyRaver said:

As previously stated, her O2 date has sold out, and the rest of the tour is basically there, so can’t see the benefit.  In fact, if tickets sell poorly as a result of the delay it would be incredibly bad PR and damage her brand, like it did for C&TQ’s

She could of been booked ages ago though when it wasnt all close to selling out 

Morrissey is playing the Goldenvoice backed cruel world festival in the US in May. He also has a Wembley date in early March which would explain a delay in announcing along the same lines as Lana.

I'm not saying he'd be first choice for the festival or that it would sell especially well, but if they stack the undercard along the same lines of the cruel world festival it could be an option. 

40 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Morrissey is playing the Goldenvoice backed cruel world festival in the US in May. He also has a Wembley date in early March which would explain a delay in announcing along the same lines as Lana.

I'm not saying he'd be first choice for the festival or that it would sell especially well, but if they stack the undercard along the same lines of the cruel world festival it could be an option. 

Not a chance. His name is mud in the UK. Who'd support him?

9 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Not a chance. His name is mud in the UK. Who'd support him?

Well if he can be booked for Wembley, then isn't that proof that he has a critical mass of supporters in 2020?

I don't agree with his views but I guess enough people do or can dissemble the personal views from the artist.

1 hour ago, Mcbatesman said:

She could of been booked ages ago though when it wasnt all close to selling out 

As Grumpyraver already stated that still doesn't affect why the show couldn't be announced now if she was playing.

The longer the tickets are on sale the better, otherwise people may decide not to attend due to other plans. 

• Upvote 1