All Points East Festival 2020

SomeoneListeningIn

4 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

He did and it does. It can't be Gerry, and Biffy haven't played Community. It's not TDCC. So that leaves us with...

I have no stake in this and can't stand the guy but why couldn't it be Gerry Cinnamon? He is free on the Friday and the  Kooks are subbing him at Newcastle and he played Community last year? 

32 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Why did they make this festival over 2 weekends when they clearly can't get the acts for 6 days that'll make it a success?

It's like 3 months till the fest and 3 names to announce.

I'm guessing that they committed to the number of dates as part of a long term contract a few years ago. Either that or they are so confident about the line-up that they don't feel the urge to blink. Pretty annoying though and quite a few of the people we would have been going with have now made alternative plans.

I am quite astonished that 3 days still haven't been announced but I wouldn't be surprised if they perhaps just kept it to the three. There seems to be a lack of real big name headliners (especially non-British acts) available this year just due to album cycles or because they've previously played APE. Most UK festivals seem to have the same type of headliners as each other (i.e. Foals, Primal Scream, Liam Gallagher, Catfish etc.)

3 hours ago, sisco said:

So who has been mentioned that fit that Catfish day tag:

TDCC (MJ just ruled out)

Gerry (apparently tour dates rule him out)

Snow Patrol

The Wombats (cannot be them surely, far too small)

The Kooks

Biffy Clyro

Liam Gallagher (MJ also ruled out)

Macklemore

They seem to be the only people mentioned

macklemore??? spot the odd one out haha

They will still do the 6 days.

Feel like some of the criticisms of bookings to date are harsh.

I mean, they've booked Tame Impala, Massive Attack and Kraftwerk, not a 5ive reunion.

Two of which always feature in greatest albums of all time lists and the other headlined Coachella last year.

3 hours ago, xxialac said:

They will still do the 6 days.

Feel like some of the criticisms of bookings to date are harsh.

I mean, they've booked Tame Impala, Massive Attack and Kraftwerk, not a 5ive reunion.

Two of which always feature in greatest albums of all time lists and the other headlined Coachella last year.

I don't think anyone is criticising the announced acts, more the fact that only 50% have been announced and the festival is only 3 months or so away. 

Seems bizarre that if The Kooks or Gerry Cinnamon are one of the remaining three headline acts they weren't announced first as they're far less likely to do well sales wise.

6 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

I don't think anyone is criticising the announced acts, more the fact that only 50% have been announced and the festival is only 3 months or so away. 

Seems bizarre that if The Kooks or Gerry Cinnamon are one of the remaining three headline acts they weren't announced first as they're far less likely to do well sales wise.

First would be the worst time to announce them. Best keep it relatively hidden away in the middle for the good of the overall festival (in terms of how they're positioning it anyway). 

7 minutes ago, John L said:

There’s no way The Bloody Kooks are headlining this Festival. They are not even headlining Tramlines!

The Kooks can’t be headlining APE. They’re doing 14 nights at the O2 during the festival, followed by a world tour with the Rolling Stones supporting them and ending with a triumphant residency at Las Vegas.

I reckon Kooks could do it next year, community was a bit like wow (despite being seemingly the busiest one yet - probably due to Gerry and Blossoms though!) they need a year off in London to recover some demand especially considering they are doing Truck

Two Door definitely have to be an option - maybe supported by Blossoms and Sam Fender?

36 minutes ago, John L said:

I reckon this is the answer. Possibly supported by Beck.

Although to be honest, I can't see a lot of people being disappointed by that. If he was on the first weekend, Childish Gambino, Tame Impala and Massive Attack would be pretty awesome. Its gotta be someone more controversial than him.

On 2/7/2020 at 5:39 PM, John L said:

I reckon this is the answer. Possibly supported by Beck.

On 2/7/2020 at 6:12 PM, dentalplan said:

Community is the name of a TV show that Donald Glover was in. That said, my initial suggestion was a joke.

I thought there was a thing that Donald Glover was retiring his Childish Gambino persona?