All Points East Festival 2020

20 hours ago, Aech said:

Nah there were some empty seats in there.

5 hours ago, gfa said:

The thing with two door and similar bands like catfish etc is nobody young wants to sit down (which is why ally pally is so good) so they could have easily sold it out if it was all standing or only like 2,000 seats instead of like 15,000 or whatever it is. I tried to convince friends to go and when they realised they were going to be seated everyone said no.

I expect a similar price to the catfish day last year.

Tbf that was my sentiment - the standing crowd at 2 Door at Alexandra Palace and Reading on the Gameshow Tour was manic, but seating feels like it isn't as worth the effort.

11 hours ago, jump said:

I remember going to see The Buzzcocks at the indigo2 the O2 side venue years ago, it was the same night as The Spice Girls were on at the O2. It did produce an interesting mix of people to watch on the way there. 

I wonder how many people were going to those two respective shows wishing they were at the other one.

1 hour ago, zeppelin said:

Tame and Massive Attack is a excellent weekend for me so I'm really happy so far.

In fact I'd actually prefer them not to book another headliner I'm particularly bother by for financial reasons. TDCC is a step in the right direction. 

i'm almost tempted to start a thread lamenting this years festivals......... I go to one every year, to be honest usually End of the Road (I can't go this year, slightly later date means clash with daughter's birthday, plus her starting 'big school'),  and it's an amazing festival...... because I can't go, I've been looking at other festivals, and I can't believe what's on offer......... since when were The Kooks headliners, I laughed at them when they were popular, so what next, The Fratellis headling somewhere? I am a music snob, so logically if I couldn't do EOTR, I'd go to Green Man (despite it always raining when I've been before).... but I'm not convinced by their line up........ Bearded Theory looked promising for a while with The Flaming Lips (whom I get are more style over substance, but live they are good)...... I emailed BT about Holy Fuck being in country around then........ and who do they announce as a headliner, Primal Scream...... !!!! Now I think PS are one of the most innovative bands around, I have a Screamadelica tattoo, but you can see then everywhere these days........ there's no exciting line ups out there (apart, possibly, from Lost Village, but I'm scared to go there coz everyone looks off their heads.... seriously....... and this is coming from someone who would say they were the most out of their head at last years EOTR, that's 14,000 people)......

But imagine a festival where Tame Impala were headliners one night, Massive Attack another...... wow........on the bill, Holy Fuck, Kelly Lee Owens, Young Fathers.......

I guess I'm saying I wish I could take my tent ha

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

I wonder how many people were going to those two respective shows wishing they were at the other one.

Few years ago I was seeing Guns n Roses at the London stadium with my dad while another mate was at the O2 arena seeing Rainbow with his dad and another at Wembley seeing Taylor Swift with his missus all on the same night. They both wished they were seeing GnR haha apparently Rainbow were crap.

1 hour ago, JimiC999 said:

i'm almost tempted to start a thread lamenting this years festivals......... I go to one every year, to be honest usually End of the Road (I can't go this year, slightly later date means clash with daughter's birthday, plus her starting 'big school'),  and it's an amazing festival...... because I can't go, I've been looking at other festivals, and I can't believe what's on offer......... since when were The Kooks headliners, I laughed at them when they were popular, so what next, The Fratellis headling somewhere? I am a music snob, so logically if I couldn't do EOTR, I'd go to Green Man (despite it always raining when I've been before).... but I'm not convinced by their line up........ Bearded Theory looked promising for a while with The Flaming Lips (whom I get are more style over substance, but live they are good)...... I emailed BT about Holy Fuck being in country around then........ and who do they announce as a headliner, Primal Scream...... !!!! Now I think PS are one of the most innovative bands around, I have a Screamadelica tattoo, but you can see then everywhere these days........ there's no exciting line ups out there (apart, possibly, from Lost Village, but I'm scared to go there coz everyone looks off their heads.... seriously....... and this is coming from someone who would say they were the most out of their head at last years EOTR, that's 14,000 people)......

But imagine a festival where Tame Impala were headliners one night, Massive Attack another...... wow........on the bill, Holy Fuck, Kelly Lee Owens, Young Fathers.......

Book a hotel at the dark far end of Victoria Park. Then set up your tent in your room, have your other half kick it from time to time and slowly drip water through a hole in the roof in the morning when you're sleeping, and ask your hotel neighbours if their kids can scream through the walls at 7am.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aech said:

Few years ago I was seeing Guns n Roses at the London stadium with my dad while another mate was at the O2 arena seeing Rainbow with his dad and another at Wembley seeing Taylor Swift with his missus all on the same night. They both wished they were seeing GnR haha apparently Rainbow were crap.

What did you expect? Zippy’s only in it for the money these days and it isn’t even the original Bungle.

3 hours ago, JimiC999 said:

3f4da24a-6f1c-4f85-bb55-d04bb328e1ab.jpg

• Like 2

Not sure if this is stupid or not but Alicia Keys mentioned playing the UK, especially London on R1. Not sure where else she would go and she kinda fits in with APE right?

EDIT: scrap that she has an o2 show

Edited by gfa

So who has been mentioned that fit that Catfish day tag:

TDCC (MJ just ruled out)

Gerry (apparently tour dates rule him out)

Snow Patrol

The Wombats (cannot be them surely, far too small)

The Kooks

Biffy Clyro

Liam Gallagher (MJ also ruled out)

Macklemore

They seem to be the only people mentioned

Edited by sisco

11 minutes ago, sisco said:

TDCC (MJ just ruled out)

Gerry (apparently your dates rule him out)

Snow Patrol

The Kooks

Biffy Clyro

Macklemore

Gerry is free for the Friday 22nd. He is playing Newcastle on the Saturday 23 rd

1 hour ago, Homer said:

That’s the fellah! Do these normally come around then please?

There was a whole host of free and £2.50 tickets last year. Could get them for any day other than The Strokes I believe. 

Not sure what will happen this year but I'm likely to book travel down for Tame/MA and hold off booking tickets in case. 

Ironically perpetuating their low ticket sales. 

11 hours ago, xxialac said:

Book a hotel at the dark far end of Victoria Park. Then set up your tent in your room, have your other half kick it from time to time and slowly drip water through a hole in the roof in the morning when you're sleeping, and ask your hotel neighbours if their kids can scream through the walls at 7am.

haha most amusing! Yeah @JimiC999 I wouldn't pass up on APE just because you can't camp.  I would be going to at least the Tame Impala day if it didn't clash with other commitments, I think it's definitely one of the better single day line ups going so far.  Let's be honest camping in the main is a bit of a nightmare.  Could you give me a bit more info about EOTR please?  It would be a trek from Glasgow but me and some pals are interested.  The line up looks a bit weak this year compared to others though?

1 hour ago, sisco said:

TDCC (MJ just ruled out)

Gerry (apparently tour dates rule him out)

Snow Patrol

The Kooks

Biffy Clyro

Macklemore

Don't forget about the 'Community' hint.

8 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Don't forget about the 'Community' hint.

He did say they’d be mentioned though so surely has to be one of the above.  The Kooks did Community didn’t they? The only ones I can Realistically see from that list is Biffy or Gerry 

13 hours ago, JimiC999 said:

Lost Village is spectacular. I went for the first time last year and was truly blown away - the music is great, the site amazing, atmosphere is great, a perfect mix of chilled, boutique and party. I would thoroughly recommend it.  And yes, a lot of people are obviously on pills/Mandy, but only really at night, and it actually made it the friendliest, nicest festival I’ve ever been to - never felt a slightest bit of threat or danger, everybody was lovely, no dickheads at all. And all the stages shut down pretty early, so it’s very civilised.  Seriously, barring Glastonbury, I don’t know if it can be topped.

12 minutes ago, sisco said:

He did say they’d be mentioned though so surely has to be one of the above.  The Kooks did Community didn’t they? The only ones I can Realistically see from that list is Biffy or Gerry 

He did and it does. It can't be Gerry, and Biffy haven't played Community. It's not TDCC. So that leaves us with...

2 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

He did and it does. It can't be Gerry, and Biffy haven't played Community. It's not TDCC. So that leaves us with...

Crikey, them headlining their own day would be special..... not in a good way.

They're subbing Victorious and headlining a couple of smaller festivals but I’d be amazed if this got anywhere near a sell out