All Points East Festival 2020

SomeoneListeningIn

11 hours ago, xxialac said:

They won't play either.

Probably not.

I assume they'll do a UK thing given how it was their core historic market, but I'm just not sure what that UK thing is. Maybe it'll be one of those things that just gets announced on a Monday without advance billing.

4 hours ago, dentalplan said:

The festival last headlined by The Kooks? Don't be expecting The Strokes to play that...

That would be a sign of an increased budget. So yeah, its probably unlikely.

16 hours ago, Guy Honeymoon said:

Has there ever been a festival where an act has headlined 2 years in a row? (where that act hasn't organised the festival) 

Oxegen 2008 and 2009 both had Kings of Leon headlining.

Or a more direct comparison to APE would be that Hard Rock Calling (as it was) had Springsteen in both 2012 and 2013

Strokes announced shows this month in Berlin and Paris, with a Belfast one leaked on the venue's website for 6 days after Paris (suggesting a London show). Reckon thats APE out (someone on the thread for them to return) and maybe Reading too. Surely no finsbury anymore too

9 minutes ago, gfa said:

Strokes announced shows this month in Berlin and Paris, with a Belfast one leaked on the venue's website for 6 days after Paris (suggesting a London show). Reckon thats APE out (someone on the thread for them to return) and maybe Reading too. Surely no finsbury anymore too

I'm pretty sure it's possible to do a tiny show in February and then a big show o or festival in the summer. Really doesn't rule them out of anything

36 minutes ago, gfa said:

I saw that! really hoping they play a london show that isnt o2 hahaha

Just now, Henry Sullivan said:

I saw that! really hoping they play a london show that isnt o2 hahaha

I would imagine they would be quiet good at the O2. I think the sound has been pretty good at all the O2 shows I have ever been to and you do get a great atmosphere in there. It's so much better then the large barn that is Wembley Arena.

5 minutes ago, Dales said:

I would imagine they would be quiet good at the O2. I think the sound has been pretty good at all the O2 shows I have ever been to and you do get a great atmosphere in there. It's so much better then the large barn that is Wembley Arena.

At least at Wembley you can go for a smoke and the transportation options aren't one packed tube line or a boat, I'd rather avoid both if I can.

11 minutes ago, Dales said:

yeah i like the o2 just i went to see LG there in november and the queues to get in were ridiculous, i would love to see them at the roundhouse or brixton but i know thats unrealistic

38 minutes ago, jump said:

At least at Wembley you can go for a smoke and the transportation options aren't one packed tube line or a boat, I'd rather avoid both if I can.

I am lucky as the O2 is not that far from me and so the end of the night is a quick black taxi ride home. It does make a huge difference to a night out if its in your part of town.

2 hours ago, gfa said:

I swear the strokes played last years APE? 

28 minutes ago, Dales said:

That should see a boost to the Roundhouse membership schemes.

• Priority booking is not guaranteed for shows at the Roundhouse. We always aim to secure priority booking for Roundhouse members. However, most music gigs staged at the Roundhouse are a commercial hire arrangement with a promoter. It is ultimately within the promoter’s discretion to offer a Members’ Priority Booking. Therefore, priority booking cannot be guaranteed.

1 hour ago, 19liam75 said:

apparently its the roundhouse, someone in glasto thread has said

Would make sense with Vension - that was my first guess too! Luckily a friend has a membership!!

12 minutes ago, ArchieKingham2001 said:

I swear the strokes played last years APE? 

They did but someone was predicting it 😕 

5 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:
  • Priority booking is not guaranteed for shows at the Roundhouse. We always aim to secure priority booking for Roundhouse members. However, most music gigs staged at the Roundhouse are a commercial hire arrangement with a promoter. It is ultimately within the promoter’s discretion to offer a Members’ Priority Booking. Therefore, priority booking cannot be guaranteed.

Fingers crossed as a friend has it 🙏

19 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I live in Greenwich so the O2 is a 20 minute bus journey home for me. It's great.

Nice, certainly beats the crush of the tube. I know its not popular with a lot of people but if you live in that area of London its pretty good to have big name artists on your door step and a quick journey home 🙂

O2 priority also makes it even better,

3 minutes ago, Dales said:

Nice, certainly beats the crush of the tube. I know its not popular with a lot of people but if you live in that area of London its pretty good to have big name artists on your door step and a quick journey home 🙂

O2 priority also makes it even better,

One of my favourite evening games is trying to work out who's on at the O2 going by the people on the tube...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

10 hours ago, gfa said:

I'm surprised a London show wasn't announced along with the last minute Berlin/Paris/Belfast trio. Or any more cities for that matter. But then they do seem to do short bursts of touring, judging by their recent announcement for a few West Coast US dates in quick succession. 

11 hours ago, incident said:

Oxegen 2008 and 2009 both had Kings of Leon headlining.

Or a more direct comparison to APE would be that Hard Rock Calling (as it was) had Springsteen in both 2012 and 2013

Kings of Leon also did Werchter in both 2008/09 and 2013/14. Probably makes sense they're being linked with it again for 2020.

And tbf Springsteen doing back-to-back Hard Rock Calling is a technical curiosity given it was done at two different venues.

Edited by charlierc

On 2/3/2020 at 7:02 PM, Guy Honeymoon said:

There can be no way the Strokes could play

Has there ever been a festival where an act has headlined 2 years in a row? (where that act hasn't organised the festival) 

Didn’t kasabian headline about 4/6 of the last t in the parks and then the first trnsmt- something ridiculous like that?