All Points East Festival 2020

2 minutes ago, Johnkhutch said:

Bollocks, was really hoping Phoebe would be supporting The National for their Brixton shows :( 

I expected her and beabadoobee to appear across some of the APE days once the headliners were annoounced but clearly that is not going to happen.

21 minutes ago, shaun Mulhern said:

For me I think the next 4 headliners will be Massive Attack, Lana Del Rey, Kings Of Leon & possibly someone like PJ Harvey again

Kings of Leon would be the 'marquee' headliner that would be the only one to sell out (well free tickets given too)  

I would've agreed with KoL but a thing came out before Christmas that they're playing Finsbury Park on Glastonbury weekend, so unless there's a big scene change happening behind the scenes, it probably won't be them.

I just can't help thinking.........

I don't listen to Radio 1 that much, but my daughter likes it so when driving her about it's often on........ I've been surprised (? correct word ?) recently at how many times I've heard Arcade Fire on there, makes me think they're going to be playing The Big Weekend (I know they're not exactly a hand in glove fit, but still)...... so that would place Arcade Fire in the country around APE time........

1 hour ago, JimiC999 said:

I don't listen to Radio 1 that much, but my daughter likes it so when driving her about it's often on........ I've been surprised (? correct word ?) recently at how many times I've heard Arcade Fire on there, makes me think they're going to be playing The Big Weekend (I know they're not exactly a hand in glove fit, but still)...... so that would place Arcade Fire in the country around APE time........

If they're leaving it this late I have a suspicion we may get AF

13 hours ago, charlierc said:

I would've agreed with KoL but a thing came out before Christmas that they're playing Finsbury Park on Glastonbury weekend, so unless there's a big scene change happening behind the scenes, it probably won't be them.

That is interesting, That would probably rule them out if true. Just sensing they need a big rock act to play to try and sell tickets. If not Kings of Leon maybe Arcade Fire or Royal Blood. They could even go with someone like Haim or Wolf Alice but I could see them struggling to sell tickets. 

1 hour ago, shaun Mulhern said:

That is interesting, That would probably rule them out if true. Just sensing they need a big rock act to play to try and sell tickets. If not Kings of Leon maybe Arcade Fire or Royal Blood. They could even go with someone like Haim or Wolf Alice but I could see them struggling to sell tickets. 

Arcade Fire being a little bit more arty would be the better fit for APE but I would certainly like them to get Royal Blood but they dont really seem to go for heavier rock.

APE don't seem to mind acts that might struggle to sell tickets and so Haim and Wolf Alice may be  correct..APE dont like acts that  might sell out 😊 That would stop their chaitable work of giving them out for free.

47 minutes ago, Dales said:

Arcade Fire being a little bit more arty would be the better fit for APE but I would certainly like them to get Royal Blood but they dont really seem to go for heavier rock.

APE don't seem to mind acts that might struggle to sell tickets and so Haim and Wolf Alice may be  correct..APE dont like acts that  might sell out 😊 That would stop their chaitable work of giving them out for free.

Given they had Bring Me The Horizon last year, I can see Royal Blood working out.

Both Haim and Wolf Alice sold out a pair of nights at Alexandra Palace, so I can see either one being a big enough draw, but maybe not of the instant sell out variety.

Just now, charlierc said:

Given they had Bring Me The Horizon last year, I can see Royal Blood working out.

Both Haim and Wolf Alice sold out a pair of nights at Alexandra Palace, so I can see either one being a big enough draw, but maybe not of the instant sell out variety.

I know a lot of people who went to see BMTH last year, me included and the thing we all had in common was that none of us paid for our tickets. So it worked out for us but I would question if it worked out for APE. I know I can not expand my own experience/knowledge to every one else and take that as a base line, but my guess is that a percentage of the other people who went that day did not pay. 

So for me, the size of the crowd at APE is not a reliable gage of whether that day was a success or not from a business point of view. 

I really like Wolf Alice and don't mind Haim but if they get announced I would hold out and try to get a deal and not  pay APE prices as both will play their own headline shows at some point and for a lot cheaper then an APE ticket.

I agree Royal Blood would do well, i guess we will know soon nough who is playing as surely they can not go anoother week with out some sort of announcement.

7 hours ago, JimiC999 said:

I think the killers are more likely to play big weekend

4 hours ago, daviddaviddaviddavid said:

There is absolutely someone who can't be announced yet. 

I'm going to Ypsigrock in Sicily this year and they said they are not allowed to announce yet. I still feel if it was AF they'd be doing Primavera or be announced for something else by now. 

Ypsigrock looks great, but I've heard it's a bit of a pig to get to, how easy is it? Are you staying for a holiday or just the fest?

Basically tell me all about it! 😂

19 hours ago, shaun Mulhern said:

For me I think the next 4 headliners will be Massive Attack, Lana Del Rey, Kings Of Leon & possibly someone like PJ Harvey again

Kings of Leon would be the 'marquee' headliner that would be the only one to sell out (well free tickets given too)  

Moby would be my guess.

2 hours ago, Damon said:

Ypsigrock looks great, but I've heard it's a bit of a pig to get to, how easy is it? Are you staying for a holiday or just the fest?

Basically tell me all about it! 😂

I've wanted to go for a few years, it looks amazing doesn't it. Tied a holiday with my girlfriend in around it - a few days at a beach, staying in the village its in, then more beaches. It's not too far from Palermo, an hour to Cefalu (where i'm staying first) then I think 30 odd minutes to where it's located. Looking at last year they have loads of shuttle buses and things. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, daviddaviddaviddavid said:

I've wanted to go for a few years, it looks amazing doesn't it. Tied a holiday with my girlfriend in around it - a few days at a beach, staying in the village its in, then more beaches. It's not too far from Palermo, an hour to Cefalu (where i'm staying first) then I think 30 odd minutes to where it's located. Looking at last year they have loads of shuttle buses and things. 

Yeah it looks great! I'll look into this for next year maybe, already in Italy this year and doing Prima in Barcelona and trying for Glasto!

33 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Could Biffy not headline? Playing Dundee (Big Weekend) presumably on the Sunday so on the Friday in London?

23 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Yeah, cant see then fitting the profile of any other festival

12 minutes ago, gfa said:

Biffy surely must be in with a shout.

1975 along with Charli XCX, Pale Waves, Clairo and others doing 11th July in Finsbury Park.

I think they are more likely to be doing R&L.