All Points East Festival 2020

SomeoneListeningIn

7 hours ago, xxialac said:

I can see Moby doing one of the days 

Didn't even know he was still touring in all fairness. Though I get the feeling that, as said above, the stuff about Portman in his book has had the effect of hitting pause on his career.

5 hours ago, xxialac said:

Yeah, I feel like Moby should really be consigned to the 90s together with Internet cafes and magic eye posters.

I've seen internet cafes still around. Bit surprised in all truth.

Just watching/listening to Sharon Van Etten's Glastonbury performance from last year on BBC on demand. I can't say I have ever noticed her before. I had seen the name but never knew what she sounded like. The performance is in a tent, not sure how good she would sound outdoors in the day but oh my god, she is so good. I instantly thought, she is some one who would go down well on almost any APE day.

Just thought I would share.

Hopefully, she will play APE some time.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dales said:

Just watching/listening to Sharon Van Etten's Glastonbury performance from last year on BBC on demand. I can't say I have ever noticed her before. I had seen the name but never knew what she sounded like. The performance is in a tent, not sure how good she would sound outdoors in the day but oh my god, she is so good. I instantly thought, she is some one who would go down well on almost any APE day.

Saw her outdoors last year and can confirm it went down very well indeed 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dales said:

I was there in the JPT and it was an incredible performance. I’m pleased to see how well her album did in so many end of year lists too. Would love to see her in a slot at APE 

• Like 1

Anyone think that Lana playing Primavera increases her chances of turning up at APE? She now has a few festivals early June. So she is in Europe at the right time. It's not that hard to think that she could be in the UK a week or two before the mainland shows.

• Like 1

Same question here. As much as I'd prefer to see Pavement rather than any band announced so far at APE, Primavera still requires travel and more days off. There are already a handful of Primavera bands for which I have tickets to their London shows. Then some of the older indie bands playing Primavera haven't changed their setlist in many many years, so without special sets, the motivation to see them again is low. And if I'm going to discover new bands, and I can do that here...

12 hours ago, Dales said:

Anyone think that Lana playing Primavera increases her chances of turning up at APE? She now has a few festivals early June. So she is in Europe at the right time. It's not that hard to think that she could be in the UK a week or two before the mainland shows.

Yeah, think she's pretty nailed on for this. Plenty of artists lower down the Primavera line up who would make sense on a Lana day, too

3 minutes ago, DR OK said:

Wonder if they could opt for the strokes for a second year in a row. 

Suspect it would sell out pretty easily again and after the sound problems of last year they might want to give it another go. They are in Europe for Primavera so could potentially start with APE and end with Glasto

Zero chance of the strokes again imo

4 minutes ago, DR OK said:

Suspect it would sell out pretty easily again and after the sound problems of last year they might want to give it another go. They are in Europe for Primavera so could potentially start with APE and end with Glasto

Yeah I was wondering that too. Although isn't it more likely that people will think "they were shit last year, rather wouldn't see them at Vicky park again" instead of "they were shit last year, but let's go see them at the same place again"?

Perhaps The National could come back though?

Edited by Gilgamesh69
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DR OK said:

I do wonder where The Strokes will play in the uk as IOW has the headers and I can’t see R&L having both Liam Gallagher and The Strokes

1 hour ago, foolee said:

I do wonder where The Strokes will play in the uk as IOW has the headers and I can’t see R&L having both Liam Gallagher and The Strokes

They've said they want to do their own thing. 

Personally hoping they take it out of London and do Heaton Park but I think more likely they'll tag on to whatever KOL are doing at Finsbury Park and use the same set up the day before/after. 

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Absolutely.  Could even see extra dates being added. They headline pretty much all the fests they play, and their All Points East day sold out.

They only headline because they only play every 5 years or so in the UK. I think they could do 2 nights at the O2 and a night in like 5 other cities maybe but definitely not like heaps of dates everywhere.

4 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

They've said they want to do their own thing. 

Personally hoping they take it out of London and do Heaton Park but I think more likely they'll tag on to whatever KOL are doing at Finsbury Park and use the same set up the day before/after. 

They literally haven't done non festival shows for like 10 years anyway i can't see that changing now. Finsbury would be awesome shame its glasto weekend I would be gutted honestly