All Points East Festival 2020

SomeoneListeningIn

4 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Aren't they still doing those APE Presents days on the second weekend?

They are all single day tickets now.  They only done  the 3 day festival ticket the  first year and the other weekend were 1 day APE presents  concerts. Last year they went for 6 single day events.

12 hours ago, xxialac said:

A new name this week surely.

They are running out of time if they want to stagger the announcement of each day. 

Agreed, seeing as the were literally giving away tickets last year, they seem to be leaving it a little late?! Wonder if they'll give away loads this year too... 

5 minutes ago, pinkduck said:

Agreed, seeing as the were literally giving away tickets last year, they seem to be leaving it a little late?! Wonder if they'll give away loads this year too... 

The freebies will have to stop at some point. The logical reason for delaying is that they have some very big acts that will sell well when ever announced.

I suspect we will get another 2 acts this month (the weaker, smaller names) and the biggest names will be last to be announced.

As one of the earliest festivals, I think they miss a trick in not announcing early and selling before the other festivals have announced their lineups. If they have unimpressive headliners and release around the time everyone else might is announcing bigger and better lineups they could get lost in all the noise. Plus, their tickets will be on sale for less time then all their major competitors.

4 hours ago, Dales said:

The logical reason for delaying is that they have some very big acts that will sell well when ever announced.

I don't agree with that logic, I wouldn't take them not announcing something as a sign that they will announce something big. Most fests which have been very slow to announce things are normally the ones that will be cancelled, I remember Sonisphere use to have a big build up of they are going to announce big headliners only to end up announcing it's not going ahead again. However I'm not saying this is the case with APE.

18 minutes ago, jump said:

I don't agree with that logic, I wouldn't take them not announcing something as a sign that they will announce something big. Most fests which have been very slow to announce things are normally the ones that will be cancelled, I remember Sonisphere use to have a big build up of they are going to announce big headliners only to end up announcing it's not going ahead again. However I'm not saying this is the case with APE.

A lot of announcements for festivals happen Jan and Feb, people just think it happens earlier every year because of a handful of pre Xmas announcements. Its the same every year. A lot of acts get signed up for festivals late, its not always a full year in advance as people imagine. A lot of mid tier festivals don't settle their main stage acts until Dec. Yes, APE is a little earlier than most other festivals but they still in the same game

Edited by JBarbour

1 minute ago, jump said:

I was ignoring that idea about being slow and ending up cancelling as like you I don't think that will happen to APE, well this year at least. We have discussed before that they seem to be able to absorb the free tickets etc and so must be keen to make a success of this and be well funded. But at some point it will need to be profitable and that means selling tickets.

As one of the early festivals they don't have as long for tickets to be on sale as others. So unless they have some decent names/line ups then why would anyone buy APE tickets over alternative events if they have  lineups that suit you better. It should not be long before everyone else announces their lineups. As a relative expensive festival, I can see it might struggle with smaller headliners and minimum pay days before the festival weekends.

There has to be a logical reason not to annouce the other headliners even if it is not the reason I suggested. It did occure to me that maybe the headliners are not that big of a draw and so they are working on the undercard. Adding Iggy to Kwarftwerk was enough to make me buy a ticket but not sure I would have with just Kwarftwerk even though I do like them.

Does anyone know why APE knocked the 3 Day Festival Weekend tickets and the APE presents single tickets on the head and went with 6 single tickets?

Maybe I guess the 3 day ticket did not work out for them? Maybe single tickets are more lucrative?

I just thought that maybe selling a weekend pass or even full festival pass but at a slightly discounted rate over singles would help shift tickets and get people in to see acts that might not naturally be their first choice. It would at least give you an incentive to go and see some one new, say if you planed to go to 2 gigs and a weekend pass only cost X amount more but not as expensive as 3 day tickets then it might be a no brainer and you attend 3 days.

Just a thought, but I am sure that the marketing/strategy teams have modeled all the various scenarios on ticket sales.

3 minutes ago, Dales said:

Does anyone know why APE knocked the 3 Day Festival Weekend tickets and the APE presents single tickets on the head and went with 6 single tickets?

Maybe I guess the 3 day ticket did not work out for them? Maybe single tickets are more lucrative?

I just thought that maybe selling a weekend pass or even full festival pass but at a slightly discounted rate over singles would help shift tickets and get people in to see acts that might not naturally be their first choice. It would at least give you an incentive to go and see some one new, say if you planed to go to 2 gigs and a weekend pass only cost X amount more but not as expensive as 3 day tickets then it might be a no brainer and you attend 3 days.

Just a thought, but I am sure that the marketing/strategy teams have modeled all the various scenarios on ticket sales.

I'm pretty sure that if you book tickets for different days at the same time, you get a discounted rate. If anything it's better this way as it's easier to mix and match the days you want to attend

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I'm pretty sure that if you book tickets for different days at the same time, you get a discounted rate. If anything it's better this way as it's easier to mix and match the days you want to attend

Thanks for that, if only they would release all the days so you can build your package.

32 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I can see Moby doing one of the days 

I am not sure if he will show his face for a while. I had tickets for a book event last year at EartH (Hackney) He was supposed to sign copies and play an acoustic set. It got cancelled when the s*** hit the fan when he made claims about himself and Natalie Portman in said book. He might be keeping a low profile for a while. I think when he returns, it might be more a low key gigs and not a big event like APE with punters who might give him a hard time.

Just now, Dales said:

I am not sure if he will show his face for a while. I had tickets for a book event last year at EartH (Hackney) He was supposed to sign copies and play an acoustic set. It got cancelled when the s*** hit the fan when he made claims about himself and Natalie Portman in said book. He might be keeping a low profile for a while. I think when he returns, it might be more a low key gigs and not a big event like APE with punters who might give him a hard time.

Surely the inverse is true, which is it would be easier to hide on a big stage than somewhere intimate (where he could be easily heckled).

He plays, the media don't report anything unusual and all the dodgy behaviour is normalised.

3 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Surely the inverse is true, which is it would be easier to hide on a big stage than somewhere intimate (where he could be easily heckled).

He plays, the media don't report anything unusual and all the dodgy behaviour is normalised.

Do you know has he played any shows after the Portman fuss?