All Points East Festival 2020

59 minutes ago, Guy Honeymoon said:

It's only 19 weeks away and they have yet to announce 4 entire days. They must have alot of confidence that there lineups will sell easily 

Or perhaps they are struggling to get decent headliners and we're gonna be really disappointed when it ends up being acts like Courteeners.

My prediction 

Fri 22 May: Royal Blood / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / Enter Shikari 

Sat 23 May: Tame Impala / Glass Animals / Caribou 

Sun 24 May: Lizzo / Rag'N'Bone Man / Rex Orange County

Fri 29 May: Kraftwerk / Iggy Pop / Johnny Marr

Sat 30 May: Lana Del Rey / FKA Twigs / Daniel Caesar

Sun 31 May: Alter Bridge / Halestorm / Greta Van Fleet 

On 1/7/2020 at 3:57 PM, retromoz said:

I find Lizzo's fame utterly brilliant. Even if her 'newer' stuff is a bit poppy for me, 'Lizzobangers' is an absolute hammer legend of a classic! SUCH a good album.....

And it seems like only yesterday that she was supporting Har Mar Superstar at my local (Craufurd Arms, Milton Keynes) in 2013. 

Time.....it goes, dunnit?!?

Impressive. My friends saw Wolf Alice at the Craufurd in 2014 before My Love is Cool came out, so I thought that was a claim to fame for seeing guys in that lil' corner of Wolverton.

I don't think I've seen a full-on "future superstars" act there. I wanted to see Fontaines DC and Sports Team there last year but couldn't go.

12 hours ago, charlierc said:

Impressive. My friends saw Wolf Alice at the Craufurd in 2014 before My Love is Cool came out, so I thought that was a claim to fame for seeing guys in that lil' corner of Wolverton.

I don't think I've seen a full-on "future superstars" act there. I wanted to see Fontaines DC and Sports Team there last year but couldn't go.

I saw Idles about a year and a half before they sold out the ally pally....

I mostly seem to watch disappointedly poorly attended things there. Amplifier is never sold out when they play, which is a pisser as they are the tops. Neither was And So I Watch You From Afar the 3 times ive seen them there. And I also saw Frankie & The Heartstrings with only 8 others. Frankie shook everyones hand at the end. Which was nice.

I miss the past. 

19 hours ago, R Shah said:

My prediction 

Fri 22 May: Royal Blood / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / Enter Shikari 

Sat 23 May: Tame Impala / Glass Animals / Caribou 

Sun 24 May: Lizzo / Rag'N'Bone Man / Rex Orange County

Fri 29 May: Kraftwerk / Iggy Pop / Johnny Marr

Sat 30 May: Lana Del Rey / FKA Twigs / Daniel Caesar

Sun 31 May: Alter Bridge / Halestorm / Greta Van Fleet 

How realistic do you think my prediction guys? Any thoughts?

7 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Alter Bridge wouldn't headline APE. The rest of the headliners look fine but I reckon Royal Blood would have more of an indie rock focused day and I think Lana and Lizzo would have stronger support bills than that. Kraftwerk and Tame Impala days look quite possible.

19 minutes ago, R Shah said:

I am also not sure about Alter Bridge, they dont seem very APE headliner to me. Although, I have not really worked out what an APE headliner looks like. Just they dont look like one to me. 

Lana, Lizzo & Royal Bloood all look very good. If you have any influence with the promotors, can you get one of them moved to Sunday 31st :) I'm very busy on both the APE weekends and the 31st is my only free day. With my luck Alter Bridge will indeed play on Sunday 31st 🤕

39 minutes ago, R Shah said:

28 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Alter Bridge wouldn't headline APE. The rest of the headliners look fine but I reckon Royal Blood would have more of an indie rock focused day and I think Lana and Lizzo would have stronger support bills than that. Kraftwerk and Tame Impala days look quite possible.

There is no greater feeling of 'being old' than someone proposing a headliner for a festival that you've never even heard of.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, xxialac said:

There is no greater feeling of 'being old' than someone proposing a headliner for a festival that you've never even heard of.

It’s not that they’re new, they’ve been around for a while, they’re just not very big. Probably best known for Edge’s theme song in WWE in the 00s.

Edited by The Martini Police

8 hours ago, retromoz said:

I mostly seem to watch disappointedly poorly attended things there. Amplifier is never sold out when they play, which is a pisser as they are the tops. Neither was And So I Watch You From Afar the 3 times ive seen them there. And I also saw Frankie & The Heartstrings with only 8 others. Frankie shook everyones hand at the end. Which was nice.

I miss the past. 

Neat. I did stumble across Idles on a smaller stage at Reading 2017, before things got huge for them. They were pretty cool.

And yeah I've found that in the past that I've tended to turn up for the less busier things. Most attended things I've seen were Electric Six and the Antarctic Monkeys, although both had their good moments.

On 1/9/2020 at 11:24 AM, retromoz said:

I miss the past. 

I saw Coldplay supporting Terris in a pub in Middlesbrough literally weeks before Yellow started to gain traction.  Took a piss next to Chris Martin too during the headline set.

33 minutes ago, GrumpyRaver said:

I saw Coldplay supporting Terris in a pub in Middlesbrough literally weeks before Yellow started to gain traction.  Took a piss next to Chris Martin too during the headline set.

I saw Coldplay on that tour in brighton. Terri's as I recall were the music press darlings at the time destined for big things 

9 hours ago, atomised said:

I saw Coldplay on that tour in brighton. Terri's as I recall were the music press darlings at the time destined for big things 

I was at the London date. The first band on was contempo (the days of 2 supports), they turned in to hard fi a few years later. 

I also got very drunk and fell over. 

Memories.