All Points East Festival 2020

SomeoneListeningIn

On 1/1/2020 at 11:17 AM, dentalplan said:

Mid-to-late Jan is usually a busy period for festival announcements. Can expect a couple of APE announcements I'm sure, given that it’s just about one of the earliest in the calendar.

Beck was here a couple of years ago supporting Björk. Nothing stopping him returning but probably would have been more likely if he wasn’t here so recently.

On 1/2/2020 at 10:51 AM, xxialac said:

You'd think Beck would be coming back too soon but then you see that Anna Calvi and Johnny Marr are playing two years running so why not. He's definitely around.

Yeah I'd cite that, given both Anna Calvi and Johnny Marr were on the day of APE I attended last summer and are playing with Kraftwerk, along with people speculating this could work if The National bring their High Violet shows to the UK and they did the inaugural event in 2018.

I guess some would cite this as evidence of unimaginative bookings, but if they think they can sell tickets for such events, its clearly plausible. Hell National with Beck would be something I'd be rather happy to attend.

4 minutes ago, Andrej said:

I believe Lana is def on this. Probably Frank Ocean too. Was thinking MCR as well, now not so sure since they are absent from Coachella line up.

Lana seems such a good fit for APE but like Gilamesh69 pointed out Frank only seems massive on forums. You could be right though and they could book him. Maybe, I'm a little bias as he is not my cup of tea and he maybe much bigger then I think. 

1 hour ago, Andrej said:

I believe Lana is def on this. Probably Frank Ocean too. Was thinking MCR as well, now not so sure since they are absent from Coachella line up.

MCR teasing UK tour dates on their Facebook, so don't rule them out yet

15 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Is Frank Ocean even that popular over here? I feel like I never see him mentioned outside of music forums etc.

Frank isn’t huge in general, but he’s def a big enough name in music to be a headliner.

He headlined Lovebox a few years ago. The fact he never tours would probably get people to buy tickets 

On 1/1/2020 at 11:08 AM, dentalplan said:

The 1975 must be coming in to play for this now. Not much else on for them.

I believe that this shout fell foul of a poorly timed page break. What do people think of them headlining this? The only other thing anyone's anticipating is a non-headline slot at Glastonbury and they could surely do both.

15 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I believe that this shout fell foul of a poorly timed page break. What do people think of them headlining this? The only other thing anyone's anticipating is a non-headline slot at Glastonbury and they could surely do both.

Last year, didn't they make a post on social media (Twitter, I think) asking if people would be interested in them doing their own day festival? I could perhaps see them doing it if they get to curate the rest of the lineup, as a way of promoting their label mates

6 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Last year, didn't they make a post on social media (Twitter, I think) asking if people would be interested in them doing their own day festival? I could perhaps see them doing it if they get to curate the rest of the lineup, as a way of promoting their label mates

Maybe but they're doing that on tour next month, just as they did on tour last year with mostly the same supports. Would be refreshing to see them without Pale Waves and No Rome at this point.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Think they're doing a one off thing instead so not sure they'll do this as well

21 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Maybe but they're doing that on tour next month, just as they did on tour last year with mostly the same supports. Would be refreshing to see them without Pale Waves and No Rome at this point.

The 1975 seem like a good call for this and I agree, don't really see what else is on for them if they want to play. They are a liittle bit more mainstream then the headliners they have booked in the past but they are the sort of headliner with a decent lineup that could sell out.

If they are doing their own day as long as its not in London then that should not really rule them out of APE.

Matty tweeted quite some time ago (early last year maybe?) asking who would come if they put on a three day festival and Jamie Oborne (manager of Dirty Hit, The 1975's record label) said that all Dirty Hit acts will be attending it and also asked fans to recommend some artists to play, imagine it would take place in Manchester seeing as its their hometown

found the tweets (turns out it was all Matty, Jamie wasn't involved)

Edited by OnlyRevolutions

24 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

Matty tweeted quite some time ago (early last year maybe?) asking who would come if they put on a three day festival and Jamie Oborne (manager of Dirty Hit, The 1975's record label) said that all Dirty Hit acts will be attending it and also asked fans to recommend some artists to play, imagine it would take place in Manchester seeing as its their hometown

found the tweets (turns out it was all Matty, Jamie wasn't involved)

Three days seems like overkill, what the fuck

Edited by Gilgamesh69

2 hours ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

Matty was probably just getting ahead of himself but at least it confirms they have something planned, someone in one of the glasto threads heard that theres going to be a one day Dirty Hit festival in Manchester i think

Wolf Alice are on Dirty Hit which could make for a really good sub for the 1975. Would love that at APE tbh and if there was an opportunity for them to curate a day, like BMTH last year, then I'd hope they'd go for that over Manchester but can imagine playing hometown for their own day/festival being more exciting for the band.

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 8:57 PM, Andrej said:

LDR is doing a few arena dates late February. Would she really be back for another big gig just three months later?

Been wondering for a while now what the 1975's plans are for Summer 2020 as they are going to be in Europe with no UK dates. Even if they were to do Glasto Other stage it would be odd for them not to do another UK fest considering the new album is due to arrive next month, maybe after tour in Feb they will announce something, but would APE leave it till the end of Feb to announce a headline show from them? Community weekend when kings of leon are supposedly playing does seem logical