All Points East Festival 2020

22 hours ago, dentalplan said:

What were people expecting though? Kraftwerk, Neu! and Tangerine Dream?

Would say this is a strong lineup for those who respect the classics across genres and other acts strongly inspired by them.

For genre-hoppers, I agree its a very strong combination. I'm just strangely impressed at how many people from different ones it is combining. But still, this is meant to be a post-genre age of music so why not? I imagine there's enough there to get people interested and buying tickets.

On 12/4/2019 at 7:55 PM, charlierc said:

For genre-hoppers, I agree its a very strong combination. I'm just strangely impressed at how many people from different ones it is combining. But still, this is meant to be a post-genre age of music so why not? I imagine there's enough there to get people interested and buying tickets.

I was thinking the other day that AEG might be planning to take a slightly different tack with lineups this year, given the problems selling tickets over last two years.  They've all had very genre specific lineups, so they might be thinking that they stand a better chance of selling more if they mix it up a bit.  Might be nothing in it, just a thought.

5 minutes ago, DR OK said:

From what I've seen they're in the states the first two weeks of May but will do Europe over the summer. APE are known for paying very well and would be a headline slot so they'd travel for it 

True. A part of me did ponder if they might be roped in to play Boston Calling with Foos and/or RHCP in mid-May, but I think APE still has a second weekend the one after.

Have Royal Blood headlined a UK festival before?

1 hour ago, RaphPH said:

Do we think Mercury winners Wolf Alice are in with a shot for this?

Also - if APE can get Mumford - then Kings of Leon discounted? 

Kings of Leon with Wolf Alice subbing could a pretty strong double header for a festival like this IMO. Equally, however, is there word KOL might come to Europe before their already announced Germany/Spain dates?

Edited by charlierc

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

None. I think it will happen 2020 though; either be this or the likes of Y Not, Truck, Boardmasters.

Certainly, given both of their albums have been #1 on the album charts and they've done arenas and opening for big names, I imagine they have the clout to be at the very least considered to be bill-toppers at one of these events. Plus tbf I've not really been sure who is around to play those festival gigs for next year, so if they're in the mix, they would be a strong enough selection.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zeppelin said:

If we get massive attack (which seems a fair idea) can we also have The National doing High Violet 10...?

Having seen them in Brighton on saturday and still on a comedown, sign me up! Not sure if they'd play the first and third edition of this festival but if it happens, I won't complain

2 hours ago, finn_with_1_n said:

Having seen them in Brighton on saturday and still on a comedown, sign me up! Not sure if they'd play the first and third edition of this festival but if it happens, I won't complain

They supported at BST in the interim. Might be overkill, or might mean they're AEG's golden boys... I'm not sure.

Can't see The National back again so soon (although they are doing Irish dates early June). I was in Brighton on Saturday too and as great as they were I think they may need  a bit of time off. They've played big festival shows in the UK 2017 (subbing Glasto), 2018 (APE) and 2019 (BST). I fear they are getting a little overexposed.

Royal Blood with Wolf Alice subbing sounds about right.

Edited by Hugh Jass

2 hours ago, huntyyy said:

I'd say playing High Violet distinguishes the show enough to justify coming back after 2 years, but whether they will or not i wouldn't be so sure. Could be that they've been roped in after the NIN pull out.

They are headlining Best Kept Secret and apparently Primavera Sound with it after 2 years.

6 minutes ago, Orens said:

They are headlining Best Kept Secret and apparently Primavera Sound with it after 2 years.

Festival bookers are different though. For some fests, acts come back around quickly, for others they don't.

Saying that, APE do actually seem like the types to be pretty desperate for acts - certainly more so than BKS or PS - so I guess it wouldn't be all that surprising. Would tie up nicely with the next announcement being this week and the tour ending tomorrow night.

Edited by dentalplan

7 hours ago, The Martini Police said:

KoL are playing Finsbury Park on 28th June so would imagine that's them out of the running for this.

Are they?

I've Googled it and it produces hyperlinks to eFestivals stories and Seetickets links for the event, but then I go on the page and it says they've been deleted. Unless somebody jumped the gun or something... ?