All Points East Festival 2020

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

Surely they're a bigger draw than Christine and the Queens or Bon Iver?

The band has a bit of a mess for so long that a lot of casual fans have been burned by dodgy setlists, revolving door members, mediocre albums, and so on. They're still A Big Name but just don't have a great reputation and if they were booked it would absolutely be a cheap ticket day.

• Upvote 1

Just now, jannybruck said:

The band has a bit of a mess for so long that a lot of casual fans have been burned by dodgy setlists, revolving door members, mediocre albums, and so on. They're still A Big Name but just don't have a great reputation and if they were booked it would absolutely be a cheap ticket day.

Yeah, you're right.

Just now, jannybruck said:

I'm thinking Robyn or HAIM might be a good shout for next year – Robyn's just come off the back of two rammed Ally Pally shows and feels like she could do a victory lap, and HAIM are ready to announce a new album that looks like it might be timed for next year's festivals.

Robyn was absolutely brilliant live this year.

• Upvote 1

Smashing Pumpkins are Hella risky. If it's the reunited (mostly) line up and they sort their setlists out then I can see it selling well with a decent grungy undercard. The reason the arena tour also failed to sell well was the fact it was like £80 a ticket.

I doubt it'd sell out but I think with the right circumstance it could do well. 

27 minutes ago, Fleetwood_Mac_And_Cheese said:

Smashing Pumpkins are Hella risky. If it's the reunited (mostly) line up and they sort their setlists out then I can see it selling well with a decent grungy undercard. The reason the arena tour also failed to sell well was the fact it was like £80 a ticket.

I doubt it'd sell out but I think with the right circumstance it could do well. 

An Iggy Pop sub would ramp up those sales.

58 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

Just FYI, I've seen some things which put My chemical romance geographically around this part of the world 20-30 June. 

Could rule them out or place them elsewhere for UK gig

Please do provide any further detail you have

RE Smashing Pumpkins I've seen them live twice and they were absolutely diabolical both times. I believe that reputation is now reasonably common knowledge so would struggle to sell

2 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Please do provide any further detail you have

RE Smashing Pumpkins I've seen them live twice and they were absolutely diabolical both times. I believe that reputation is now reasonably common knowledge so would struggle to sell

MCR going to be announced soon in a small outdoor venue with 15,000 capacity towards the end of June. Have no details of support acts. 

2 hours ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

MCR going to be announced soon in a small outdoor venue with 15,000 capacity towards the end of June. Have no details of support acts. 

I've seen the speculation that they're doing the early Euro shows....but would they really announce it for late June when a lot of their fanbase are already booked for the Green Day tour?

Then again, first UK gig in 8 years, 15k tickets would sell in a heartbeat.

Just now, Sparticus said:

I've seen the speculation that they're doing the early Euro shows....but would they really announce it for late June when a lot of their fanbase are already booked for the Green Day tour?

I'm not referring to the UK, but good neighbours. 

3 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

Funny thing is I imagine they're not worried. There's another concert (similar to Green Day but I can't share) that is scheduled the same day which shares similar fans. 

We had a concert last year with Metallica and the Cure scheduled the same day. Both concerts still sold well. 

1 minute ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

Funny thing is I imagine they're not worried. There's another concert (similar to Green Day but I can't share) that is scheduled the same day which shares similar fans. 

We had a concert last year with Metallica and the Cure scheduled the same day. Both concerts still sold well. 

As an educated guess Blink. They have an album to promote and said they wanted to bring the Enema tour to europe

5 hours ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

Are they not playing MK Bowl? That's what I heard after they re-formed (note this is purely from the rumour mill not ITK)

19 hours ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

Dublin?

• Like 2

Call me a conspiracy theorist but Radio 1 have been hammering plays of Everything Now the last couple of weeks which is odd because it's old... Radio Ones Big Weekend last year was the same weekend as All Points East (Horrible flashbacks of driving Essex to Middlesbrough for Miley Cyrus and back to London for Christine and the Queens) ... anyway maybe Arcade Fire are booked for both.. though they'd be a strange big weekend act one can hope