All Points East Festival 2020

SomeoneListeningIn

Decent line-up first up. 

This time last year I would have been putting a reminder on for ticket day. Now though, with pretty much zero % chance that day selling out,  it'd be foolish to not wait and see if the free/cheap tickets are on offer again.  

Interesting to see how it plays out for 2020. 

Great 1st announcement! I love Tame Impala so much, their O2 show in June was amazing and I think APE is the best place for them in the UK festival scene. A slightly obvious one though as everyone was predicting them pretty much since the beginning of the 2020 lineup discussion.

Most interesting part for me is that the Guardian article says it's their only UK show of 2020, which is quite mad considering they've got an album out in Feb. If the album slaps and charts well then APE will be the only place to see any of those songs live in the UK till next Jan and if they market that aspect heavily then this could sell really well I reckon.

PS. Glass Animals also up their with my favourites so I'm extra excited for this, their new tune with Dezel Curry is insane and so was their last album, they're sick live too so 

5 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Not a bad day/few bands there but not exactly one to get excited over, and I’m sure there’ll be cheap tickets nearer the time for anybody interested. 

I am usually the one downplaying Tame Impala's demand but I would think for a UK exclusive show on a new album, this should sell out or at least enough to stop there being cheap tickets (eg. Chems last year).

Looks like a really good start for me. Sweet bunch of bands.

• Upvote 1

Yeah it's a perfect seller really - won't sell out in a flash so you probably don't have to commit before Christmas but will sell enough that you wont be left feeling mugged off by freebies the weeks before. 

Cool supports too. Glass Animals were wicked at LCD Soundsystem coupla years ago