All Points East Festival 2020

1 minute ago, The Martini Police said:

Last year, I think it was always Tuesdays. Probably just gonna be the same (so tonight at midnight in the Metro). 

Without getting them in too much trouble it sounds like they are sorting a press release so maybe Tuesday.

Edited by Matt42

18 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

It hasn’t been put in any news outlets so maybe they aren’t announcing this morning?

My friend who gave me the heads up said Monday / Tuesday / very early this week so maybe it’s not completely decided.

I had word from a well-connected geezer last week that it's this week (that came from the press office) - tho there was no indication on when.

Edited by eFestivals

11 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

We got any Londoners here that fancy popping out at midnight to get a copy of the Metro?

They don't put out the papers til around 5ish am at least at the stations I've seen it at.

I'm hoping for Rage Against The Machine or Arcade Fire, I wouldn't mind My Chemical Romance (they have always been good live but I'm not really a fan) with a decent undercard.

16 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Why would anyone have (or want to give you) free tickets for this?

It's a joke based on last year where tixs were heavily given away. There were competitions which you win just by entering, phone providers were giving them away for an admin fee of £2, seat filling companies were being used etc.

Edited by jump

22 minutes ago, jump said:

It's a joke based on last year where tixs were heavily given away. There were competitions which you win just by entering, phone providers were giving them away for an admin fee of £2, seat filling companies were being used etc.

My credit-card provider was desperately trying to sell-off VIP tickets for the Strokes. I think that they were offering them for less than standard admission and seem to recall getting about 5 emails in a week about it....