All Points East Festival 2020

SomeoneListeningIn

5 minutes ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

NIN indeed tours with the fam, so this sounds legit. :(

Does look that way. But if it is pushed back to 2021, it seems strange that the offers were still out 2-4 weeks ago considering Mariqueen is suggested to be mid-term so it's not a new development since then.

Not suggesting anyone's wrong about things, just maybe that they're trying to see if a brief trip to Europe (in lieu of a full tour) would be lucrative.

9 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Does look that way. But if it is pushed back to 2021, it seems strange that the offers were still out 2-4 weeks ago considering Mariqueen is suggested to be mid-term so it's not a new development since then.

Not suggesting anyone's wrong about things, just maybe that they're trying to see if a brief trip to Europe (in lieu of a full tour) would be lucrative.

Yeah, that's basically it from what I gather. If they only tour with the fam, I suspect they'll go with their alternative option.

12 hours ago, Andrej said:

So, this is what i heard from my industry sources, NIN were already semi confirmed for APE, Primavera and a few others. But then Trent's wife got pregnant again (their 5th ?!), and is due early next year, so Trent wants to stay home now and will push this tour to 2021. They always go on tour together as a family, and they cant travel with then 3 month old baby. Not sure is this speculation or truth, but this is the info i heard; no NIN in 2020.

Sounds plausible with the exception of the reason. Recent pictures show her in (guessing) 5-6th month of pregnancy.

They must have known that she‘s pregnant when they started negotiating. Whatever made them to pull out can‘t be the unborn child.

Really dont know specific details, I have just been told that the band was supposed to start with APE / Primavera, and do a 3 week run, finish mid June in Germany, probably Southside / Hurricane. Whole routing was finished and all the dates in place. But plans have changed and the band will not do Europe in 2020., will probably push it to 2021.

9 hours ago, Karlos12345 said:

Sounds plausible with the exception of the reason. Recent pictures show her in (guessing) 5-6th month of pregnancy.

They must have known that she‘s pregnant when they started negotiating. Whatever made them to pull out can‘t be the unborn child.

If someone had made Trent pull out the unborn baby wouldn't be an issue

30 minutes ago, Andrej said:

Really dont know specific details, I have just been told that the band was supposed to start with APE / Primavera, and do a 3 week run, finish mid June in Germany, probably Southside / Hurricane. Whole routing was finished and all the dates in place. But plans have changed and the band will not do Europe in 2020., will probably push it to 2021.

Dream: Shattered.

It says May/June 2020 on the website now so that must confirm it runs between 29th May - 7th June. Arcade Fire 6th June if it happens, you'd think.

Was checking on the dates because of Flaming Lips' confirmation at Bearded Theory but that's Friday 22nd so maybe a bit far. Would be a decent East sub/North headliner if they can cut it though.

Arcade Fire would sell out well in advance, much like The Strokes. Not even touts had tickets, our mate got lucky in picking one up from a local passing by, tout was offering more than face value for it! Was pretty nice to see them so desperate ?

Saw Pixies at Victoria Park at Field Day in 2014, didn't exactly have the greatest of supports then. With a strong line up behind them I reckon they could still do it.  

5 hours ago, kingbadger said:

Saw Pixies at Victoria Park at Field Day in 2014, didn't exactly have the greatest of supports then. With a strong line up behind them I reckon they could still do it.  

I'm sure they'll appear as an East sub or North headliner but there's no way they headline a day here. Headlining Field Day is different and many of those headliners have come back in support slots here.

On 10/22/2019 at 9:07 PM, Andrej said:

So, this is what i heard from my industry sources, NIN were already semi confirmed for APE, Primavera and a few others. But then Trent's wife got pregnant again (their 5th ?!), and is due early next year, so Trent wants to stay home now and will push this tour to 2021. They always go on tour together as a family, and they cant travel with then 3 month old baby. Not sure is this speculation or truth, but this is the info i heard; no NIN in 2020.

Gabi, the Primavera Sound organiser, just said that NIN were booked for Primavera Barcelona, Porto and LA but have pushed it back until 2021.

46 minutes ago, NerdsNatterings said:

I think if they're doing any festivals in the UK it'll be download or reading. 

Maybe but when they headlined those fests in their peak they didn't get massive crowds.

If there is a MCR day I want Mindless Self Indulgence!!!

Edited by jump