All Points East Festival 2020

8 hours ago, Karlos12345 said:

Thanks! I had a look at this year‘s edition. Two announcements early November (Chemical Brothers, Bon Iver), two early December (Bring Me The Horizon, Christine), one end of January (Strokes) and one in February (Mumford).

So we could here about it soon. If NIN/AF are the bands closest to confirmation.

Our source for The Strokes doing All Points East this year got told about it at Mad Cool in July 2018 so early info doesn't necessarily mean early confirmation. There'll be an announcement soon I'm sure, but it could potentially be someone else.

Edited by dentalplan

4 hours ago, Karlos12345 said:

About a month after APE. Possible, but not likely looking at the dates.

I don't see why that would make it unlikely...he has announced some European festivals and has a big gap between the end of March and the June solo dates that he could play some other festivals...plus his UK leg matches up perfectly to end with a Glastonbury performance. 

Thought I'd have a go at predicting this.

Weekend 1

ES: Massive Attack, M.I.A, Grimes, Tricky
NS: Thom Yorke, Octavian
WS: Bonobo

ES: Frank Ocean, FKA Twigs, Blood Orange, Earthgang
NS: Mura Masa, Charli xcx
WS: Four Tet

ES: Lana Del Rey, HAIM, Mahalia, King Princess
NS: London Grammar, Tash Sultana
WS: Caribou

Weekend 2

ES: Royal Blood, Sam Fender, Cage the Elephant, Band of Skulls
NS: King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard, Declan McKenna

ES: Nine Inch Nails, Die Antwoord, Garbage, Code Orange
NS: My Bloody Valentine, Savages

ES: Arcade Fire, PJ Harvey, Michael Kiwanuka, Brittany Howard
NS: Loyle Carner, Bat For Lashes

12 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Thought I'd have a go at predicting this.

Weekend 1

ES: Massive Attack, M.I.A, Grimes, Tricky
NS: Thom Yorke, Octavian
WS: Bonobo

ES: Frank Ocean, FKA Twigs, Blood Orange, Earthgang
NS: Mura Masa, Charli xcx
WS: Four Tet

ES: Lana Del Rey, HAIM, Mahalia, King Princess
NS: London Grammar, Tash Sultana
WS: Caribou

Weekend 2

ES: Royal Blood, Sam Fender, Cage the Elephant, Band of Skulls
NS: King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard, Declan McKenna

ES: Nine Inch Nails, Die Antwoord, Garbage, Code Orange
NS: My Bloody Valentine, Savages

ES: Arcade Fire, PJ Harvey, Michael Kiwanuka, Brittany Howard
NS: Loyle Carner, Bat For Lashes

I would love this.

Few titbits from my friend tonight at the big moon gig 

No news on NiN or arcade fire. Arcade fire still not decided if they are touring next year. NIN are mulling over festivals or their own gigs, or just doing more sound track stuff. Arcade fire have been offered a Sat, NIN a Sun.

First aid kit, big moon, los campensinos, belle and Sebastian  and twiglight sad offered smaller slots.

Janelle moane is doing films next year and isn't planning to play live. David Byrne isn't doing anything as of yet.

Mogwai were offered a second stage headline slot but are probably headlining bluedot instead.

They've a couple of smaller bands to confirm and apparently looking for first announcement for middle of Nov 

Edited by zahidf
  • Upvote 13

8 hours ago, zahidf said:

No news on NiN or arcade fire. Arcade fire still not decided if they are touring next year. NIN are mulling over festivals or their own gigs, or just doing more sound track stuff. Arcade fire have been offered a Sat, NIN a Sun.

First aid kit, big moon, los campensinos, belle and Sebastian  and twiglight sad offered smaller slots.

Janelle moane is doing films next year and isn't planning to play live. David Byrne isn't doing anything as of yet.

Mogwai were offered a second stage headline slot but are probably headlining bluedot instead.

They've a couple of smaller bands to confirm and apparently looking for first announcement for middle of Nov 

I love those insights, thank you! What a crazy business. I mean, why would bands be offered to the market, that haven‘t even decided if they are touring or not?

Fingers crossed for NiN. I just need to see them next year, doesn‘t matter where. Any tour is fine. No more soundtracks please. Btw.: Saw a recent picture of Trents wife being pregnant. Honestly...I‘d be surprised if he‘s going on tour with a few months old baby at home. But who knows.

EDIT: @zahidf: Your comment sounds like AF and NiN are their strongest leads for headline spots atm? So they are aiming at finalizing deals with those bands for a mid Nov announcement or have they other confirmed headliners?

Edited by Karlos12345

57 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

I love those insights, thank you! What a crazy business. I mean, why would bands be offered to the market, that haven‘t even decided if they are touring or not?

Fingers crossed for NiN. I just need to see them next year, doesn‘t matter where. Any tour is fine. No more soundtracks please. Btw.: Saw a recent picture of Trents wife being pregnant. Honestly...I‘d be surprised if he‘s going on tour with a few months old baby at home. But who knows.

EDIT: @zahidf: Your comment sounds like AF and NiN are their strongest leads for headline spots atm? So they are aiming at finalizing deals with those bands for a mid Nov announcement or have they other confirmed headliners?

From what I gather they have an alternative band to NIN in frame, but I better not say who he said, as that band may not know about their pecking order!

Not sure about other headliners: I don't want to interrogate him too much! 

My understanding is some bands put feelers out about maybe wanting to tour subject to (x)

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, zahidf said:

Ugh Arcade Fire on Saturday and NIN on Sunday would be perfect.

I find it odd they would book the rest of the day without getting the headliner to sign first, it must be better to build the day around the headliner for a more cohesive line up.

I'm trying to think of another act that is loosely "alt rock"  band that would be easier to book than NIN and wouldn't look out of place replacing them. Maybe Placebo, Editors, New Order or Pixies?

22 minutes ago, jump said:

I find it odd they would book the rest of the day without getting the headliner to sign first, it must be better to build the day around the headliner for a more cohesive line up.

I'm trying to think of another act that is loosely "alt rock"  band that would be easier to book than NIN and wouldn't look out of place replacing them. Maybe Placebo, Editors, New Order or Pixies?

Think Pixies, Placebo and Editors with their greatest hits coming out all fit the bill. More so Placebo and Pixies as I don't think there's many festivals on the circuit that would even book these acts anymore but they all have a market in the UK. It would also explain chasing NIN as they're easily the biggest ticket shifter out of those acts. 

Edited by foolee

13 minutes ago, foolee said:

Think Pixies, Placebo and Editors with their greatest hits coming out all fit the bill. More so Placebo and Pixies as I don't think there's many festivals on the circuit that would even book these acts anymore but they all have a market in the UK. It would also explain chasing NIN as they're easily the biggest ticket shifter out of those acts. 

Yeah that was my thinking behind suggest those, tbh aside from Placebo I wouldn't actually bother seeing any of those anymore. Pixies were a let down the last time I saw them and not hugely fussed with the others.

27 minutes ago, jump said:

Yeah that was my thinking behind suggest those, tbh aside from Placebo I wouldn't actually bother seeing any of those anymore. Pixies were a let down the last time I saw them and not hugely fussed with the others.

I think I'd probably pass on Placebo and see what the rest of the day was saying for Pixies but I wouldn't want to pass up Arcade Fire or NIN if either were announced. 

• Upvote 1

So, this is what i heard from my industry sources, NIN were already semi confirmed for APE, Primavera and a few others. But then Trent's wife got pregnant again (their 5th ?!), and is due early next year, so Trent wants to stay home now and will push this tour to 2021. They always go on tour together as a family, and they cant travel with then 3 month old baby. Not sure is this speculation or truth, but this is the info i heard; no NIN in 2020.

16 minutes ago, Andrej said:

So, this is what i heard from my industry sources, NIN were already semi confirmed for APE, Primavera and a few others. But then Trent's wife got pregnant again (their 5th ?!), and is due early next year, so Trent wants to stay home now and will push this tour to 2021. They always go on tour together as a family, and they cant travel with then 3 month old baby. Not sure is this speculation or truth, but this is the info i heard; no NIN in 2020.

Nooooo!

No no no!

This one hurts a lot.

3 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

I kind of think what kind of joke you made. ?

It was nothing distasteful; just about how birthing a 5th child would probably be quite easy. Just picked a terrible way to tell the joke.

No NIN sucks though. Damn those super-fertile bastards.

Edited by dentalplan

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It was nothing distasteful; just about how birthing a 5th child would probably be quite easy. Just picked a terrible way to tell the joke.

No NIN sucks though. Damn those super-fertile bastards.

Ah ok. I was thinking of a condom ad referring to the band's name and citing a certain line out of their song Closer. ?

1 hour ago, Andrej said:

NIN indeed tours with the fam, so this sounds legit. :(