All Points East Festival 2020

SomeoneListeningIn

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Sceptical, as neither band are rumoured to be working on new stuff. But boy am I hopeful.

Arcade fire is a strokes style greatest hit set apparently. Same as when they played NOS alive a few years ago. Just thinking over all the offers apparently.

Nine inch nails apparently are doing festivals next year. 

Edited by zahidf

16 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Do we all just wait for free tickets for this now?

Wouldn't be shocked if a fair few people do that.

Although, BST used to hand out free tix a few years ago and it turned out alright. Think it's just cause its a new festival and they take time to work out what sells well.

18 hours ago, zahidf said:

Arcade fire is a strokes style greatest hit set apparently. Same as when they played NOS alive a few years ago. Just thinking over all the offers apparently.

Nine inch nails apparently are doing festivals next year. 

This would be awesome... How would you assess the reliability of your source?

13 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

This would be awesome... How would you assess the reliability of your source?

Friend of a friend who works in the music industry on the venue booking side. Someone who is normally reliable about stuff like this. They aren't saying it's definitely happening, just that the offers are out there. 

I'm seeing them next Sat, so may have an update then.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Friend of a friend who works in the music industry on the venue booking side. Someone who is normally reliable about stuff like this. They aren't saying it's definitely happening, just that the offers are out there. 

I really hope it pans out.  2 gigs i would definitely not miss 

13 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

Do we all just wait for free tickets for this now?

Feel like Arcade Fire cheap tix wouldn't be available. I'd be sceptical about NIN dropping as well but I may be overstating their popularity based on my own friends' impressions. 

Tbh I'd be happy paying full price for both of these acts.

17 hours ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

a fair few people do that.

Although, BST used to hand out free tix a few years ago and it turned out alright. Think it's just cause its a new festival and they take time to work out what sells well.

Problem is that it becomes self-perpetuating - Festival sells poorly so they give away cheap/free tickets to boost number close to the day, people see this and don't buy tickets the following year as they're waiting for freebies, more poor sales and eventually the festival goes pop.

I'm hoping there are no reebies next year as hopefully that'll mean killer lineups and sold out shows. It's a good festival, I'd rather see it thrive than die on its arse.

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Problem is that it becomes self-perpetuating - Festival sells poorly so they give away cheap/free tickets to boost number close to the day, people see this and don't buy tickets the following year as they're waiting for freebies, more poor sales and eventually the festival goes pop.

I'm hoping there are no reebies next year as hopefully that'll mean killer lineups and sold out shows. It's a good festival, I'd rather see it thrive than die on its arse.

Yeah I was meaning that if they managed to break that cycle pretty quick with BST, they would be confident of doing it again with APE, they just need to refine their booking policy a bit from learning from previous years (i think it's the same promoter for both fests).On paper, BMTH probs looked a decent booking this year for example but it defo wasn't.

Also hope the festival thrives as it was a good day out apart from travelling all the way from Glasgow and being unable to hear much of The Strokes' set due to sound.

11 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

If they like the line up enough, they would eventually buy the tickets.

The festival won't go anywhere until the five-year lease is up. This year - and early on in BST years - strikes me as a loss-leader strategy. It's early on in the festival's lifecycle and ticket sales aren't up to last year's so they cut revenues to raise awareness for future editions because they can afford that. Existing customers are obviously easier to pitch their product to, and in general I don't think everyone interested will be saying "it'll be free soon, don't buy!".

As for what actually kept the 2019 ticket sales low in the first place, they even said themselves that the big names just weren't on the circuit this year. If those two names we've heard rumoured actually come off then that's two big names and a magnificent foundation for the event as a whole.

3 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

How so? Haven't they already done plenty of festivals and outdoor shows?

Not knocking then anyhow; very excited if the rumours are true

It's been awhile since I saw NIN at a fest but the last time as they weren't the headliner they did have to strip some of their stage productions down compared to when I've seen them do at their own shows. 

A headline set with full allowances for their stage set up plus a nice sunset time slot could be quality.

5 minutes ago, zahidf said:

As above, friend of a friend. Just offers made, no idea if accepted e.t.c

Yeah overlooked that, sorry! Updates are always appreciated ?

EDIT: Someone over at the Inmusic thread said similar. I‘d say, it‘s legit. At least if they don‘t scrap plans.

Edited by Karlos12345

On 10/1/2019 at 11:10 AM, zahidf said:

Did you hear something new? ?

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

I‘d be very very happy if Nine Inch Nails confirm. When do you think this‘ll be save and announced?

No idea. Probably won't see my friend for the next month or so, so won't have any news for a while. Probably an announcement once something is confirmed!

9 minutes ago, zahidf said:

No idea. Probably won't see my friend for the next month or so, so won't have any news for a while. Probably an announcement once something is confirmed!

Thanks! I had a look at this year‘s edition. Two announcements early November (Chemical Brothers, Bon Iver), two early December (Bring Me The Horizon, Christine), one end of January (Strokes) and one in February (Mumford).

So we could here about it soon. If NIN/AF are the bands closest to confirmation.