All Points East Festival 2020

SomeoneListeningIn

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

If the likes of CATQ and BMTH can headline in 2019 then Wolf Alice certainly can in 2020.

Those two are much bigger, I'm afraid. Wolf Alice struggled to sell out two nights at Brixton last December and didn't even headline when they played Y Not a few weeks ago. They're at a level where they could sub APE, which is no slight because plenty of decent-sized acts do that.

28 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Those two are much bigger, I'm afraid. Wolf Alice struggled to sell out two nights at Brixton last December and didn't even headline when they played Y Not a few weeks ago. They're at a level where they could sub APE, which is no slight because plenty of decent-sized acts do that.

They sold out Ally Pally last year too. I’d attribute the slow Brixton sales to them having played pretty much everywhere in 2017/18.

21 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

They sold out Ally Pally last year too. I’d attribute the slow Brixton sales to them having played pretty much everywhere in 2017/18.

The War on Drugs sold out AP before subbing this, and a couple of acts who didn't headline this year have AP shows coming up.

WA seem perfect to sub this. Just don't see the headline gig happening - especially, as you say, given their ubiquity.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Actually, they added a second night at Brixton due to demand, so the first must have gone pretty quickly.

Yes I did say 'two nights' in my post. The second one did sell out too but it took a while. I just thought it was relevant because this is a few miles away.

8 hours ago, zahidf said:

Wolf alice aren't big enough to headline a 40/50 k capacity festival.

I reckon they'd be second stage headliners though. 

They were, by all accounts, offered the headline slot on the Other at Glastonbury this year. Same as CATQ who headlined.

A successful third album could easily push them up.

Foals - Bloc Party - Everything Everything

Arcade Fire - Wolf Alice - Sleater-Kinney

Tame Impala - Vampire Weekend - King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard

Biffy Clyro - Belle and Sebastian - The Twilight Sad

The Black Keys - Modest Mouse - Gary Clark Jr

Some predictions for next year's festival, only did 5 of the 6 days as all mine are more guitar focused so imagine other day would be more hip hop/electronic but less knowledgeable of those genres!

5 minutes ago, JustWanted2Be1OfTheStrokes said:

Does anyone remember when they usually announce acts for APE? 

The BMTH day was great this year and want to go again in 2020 as long as acts are good.

I think the first headliner was announced beginning of November, and the last was at the start of the year I think? Maybe February. It's usually quite spread out. Sometimes you'll wait just two weeks between announcements, other times it'll be two months

• Like 1

I was going to do a list of potential headliners then realised I was just pulling subs and 2nd stage headliners form bigger fests this year.

Other than that though, maybe Foals, Blink 182, Chance, The Rapper, The War On Drugs.

Only band I'd love to see reform but probably not headline is The Walkmen.

If we are making predictions I say:-

Fri -  Childish Gambino / Chvrches / Lizzo / Charlie XCX

Sat -  Vampire Weekend / Father John Misty / Haim / Future Islands

Sun -  Foals / Bloc Party / Wolf Alice / The Vaccines

Fri -  Lana Del Ray / St Vincent /  Kacey Musgrave / Grimes

Sat -  Queens of the stoneage / Pixies / PJ Harvey / Sleaford Mods

Sun -  Elbow / Belle and Sebastian / Doves / Ride

2 hours ago, Guy Honeymoon said:

If we are making predictions I say:-

Fri -  Childish Gambino / Chvrches / Lizzo / Charlie XCX

Sat -  Vampire Weekend / Father John Misty / Haim / Future Islands

Sun -  Foals / Bloc Party / Wolf Alice / The Vaccines

Fri -  Lana Del Ray / St Vincent /  Kacey Musgrave / Grimes

Sat -  Queens of the stoneage / Pixies / PJ Harvey / Sleaford Mods

Sun -  Elbow / Belle and Sebastian / Doves / Ride

I think Haim would be a bit higher, probably a sub.  That Foals day is banging also Vaccines and a few others played this year/last year, there has only been two APEs so hopefully not so many repeat bookings yet.

• 3 weeks later...