All Points East Festival 2020

SomeoneListeningIn

2 hours ago, zahidf said:

George Ezra in the frame as headliner I'd have thought. Vampire weekend and nine inch nails maybe as well?

I reckon this is true, maybe community instead but probably here.

19 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

BMTH, Bjork, Mumford And Sons, The National.

What brand is that? :P

Rock (indie, folk, alternative) and electronic, I guess. Do you think people are choosing from the whole gamut of musical acts and picking out Vampire Weekend as an appropriate headline act?

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Rock (indie, folk, alternative) and electronic, I guess. Do you think people are choosing from the whole gamut of musical acts and picking out Vampire Weekend as an appropriate headline act?

I think it's being based on who has had albums our recently at the moment, still a whole 12 months to go so there will be plenty more to open up 

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Nah I get why they’re getting suggested, and those type of acts do seem to be the main audience they’re going for, but I’m assuming you would have called BMTH “off brand” before this year. So they could announce literally anyone and I wouldn’t be surprised. 

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Ezra better suited to BST as he doesn't really suit APE's brand . Should be big enough for it too.

I was thinking that wasn't entirely sure he was big enough. Definitely as a co like national/florence this year.

11 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Nah I get why they’re getting suggested, and those type of acts do seem to be the main audience they’re going for, but I’m assuming you would have called BMTH “off brand” before this year. So they could announce literally anyone and I wouldn’t be surprised. 

Yes but they’re not that far off brand and it seemed to fit after their undercard was announced. Plus we’d only had one edition. I don’t think now that BMTH have appeared that “literally anyone” could headline it and it wouldn’t be weird - it seems to target a certain demographic and I don’t think they would be there en masse for George Ezra.

Besides, the guy can headline wherever else and have a decent crack stadiums so why is it worth arguing that he can play this? :P

5 minutes ago, gfa said:

I was thinking that wasn't entirely sure he was big enough. Definitely as a co like national/florence this year.

Lol BST coheadliners lets not

19 minutes ago, 1986 said:

I'd expect a hip hop (or grime) heavy day. Maybe Tyler, The Creator or Dave headlining with Flying Lotus and Badbadnotgood on the bill. Snoop as a special guest. 

Initially, that sounds great. But with Wireless, Lovebox and that new Ends festival, doesn’t  London have enough hip hop/rap festivals?

1 hour ago, aidenlangan95 said:

Initially, that sounds great. But with Wireless, Lovebox and that new Ends festival, doesn’t  London have enough hip hop/rap festivals?

Wireless sells out every year, with a proper bill theres no reason not to really - Tyler on an exclusive next year would probably do the job with decent support. I don't know if they would want to have that associated with their image though and they could get similar complaints to what Wireless gets with Finsbury Park - the no swearing stuff etc. APE has one of the best curfews in London, they need to keep it that way I think.

Edited by gfa

4 hours ago, Alex Winstone said:

Weekend 1

Friday: Royal Blood, You Me At Six

Saturday: Chase & Status, The Streets

Sunday: Foals, Wolf Alice

Weekend 2

Friday: Massive Attack, Portishead

Saturday: Pulp, The Hives

Sunday: Liam Gallagher, DMA's

While i'd like this myself, this is significantly more indie than the previous two years. Also DMA's as a sub lmfao okay then.