All Points East Festival 2020

Thought I'd start the 2020 thread now that we know all of the 2019 headliners.

Gonna go with Portishead, New Order, Frank Ocean, Paramore, Tame Impala and a reformed Pulp. Maybe Foals instead of Tame Impala or Pulp if they're not back.

14 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Thought I'd start the 2020 thread now that we know all of the 2019 headliners.

Gonna go with Portishead, New Order, Frank Ocean, Paramore, Tame Impala and a reformed Pulp. Maybe Foals instead of Tame Impala or Pulp if they're not back.

Portishead and New Order? Behave, m8. Have you actually been to APE? Portishead are virtually unknown these days and New Order would, at best, be somewhere else down the bill, if they played at all. 

Frank Ocean's live sets are nowhere near long enough to fill an APE headline and Paramore are pretty redundant these days, I could maybe see Tame Impala or Foals headlining to be fair. Pulp as an undercard too maybe. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 5

Paramore and Frank Ocean would be sick, bang up for that especially if the latter is a bit less self-indulgent than on his last tour. Could see F+TM popping up as the ‘broke through in 2009 and still manage to sell out big venues despite most of the general public not giving them a second thought in years’ act, if 2019 goes well enough for them to increase the budget a bit. Or if Flo is off-cycle then Alt-J sound like a safe bet.

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

6 hours ago, WStoner said:

Portishead and New Order? Behave, m8. Have you actually been to APE? Portishead are virtually unknown these days and New Order would, at best, be somewhere else down the bill, if they played at all. 

Frank Ocean's live sets are nowhere near long enough to fill an APE headline and Paramore are pretty redundant these days, I could maybe see Tame Impala or Foals headlining to be fair. Pulp as an undercard too maybe. 

m8 Christine & the Queens are headlining this year.

8 hours ago, maxdillon7 said:

am imagining muse maybe, tad big maybe  but second year of their album cycle with no festivals this year, might be possibility 

Doubt it - London demand fairly saturated with Olympic Park, probably will go to IOW maybe as their big headliner or BST/finsbury park. A lot bigger than any of their previous headliners really.

22 hours ago, WStoner said:

Pulp haven't toured for 8 years by then - no way would they not headline.

• 1 month later...

Tame Impala, Blur, Biffy Clyro, New Order, Liam Gallagher, Childish Gambino

would love for Tame Impala to headline next year, currents is a masterpiece and is in my top three albums of all time, having not attempted to get Glasto tickets this year i was a bit gutted to see Kev announced, if he was to be at APE next year it would make the long journey down to London worth it.

Blur is a bit of a long shot, now the Gorillaz touring cycle is over with Damon has a bit more free time on his hands (besides touring with The Good, The Bad and The Queen). They made a surprise appearance in London a few days ago which has got me hoping for a reunion tour! if they were to reunite they would probably headline Glastonbury though

Biffy Clyro have two new albums on the way, one being a soundtrack for a short film. with only two announced UK and Ireland gigs this year (so far) at Indiependence and IOW it’s likely they’ll play more festivals next year, seem to be the perfect size for APE too

New Order are out and about doing a few English festivals this year but nothing too major, they would make a good booking for APE imo even if i wouldn’t be over the moon with them being announced

Liam Gallagher is always about isn’t he? surprised he wasn’t scooped up for APE the last two years so it seems like a given he will play next year, his new album will be out by then as well as it’s set for release before September of this year

Childish Gambino is someone i’m not too sure about but would love, i’m not sure when he’s going to retire the name (or retire from rap completely) hopefully he plays a few more shows in England before he does as i couldn’t get down to London when he played last

Edited by OFWGKTA