Is anyone else still waiting to get properly excited?

kalifire

I feel quite weird about the festival this year. I know it’s amazing and I know I’ll have a fantastic time, but the real sense of excitement hasn’t kicked in yet. Can anyone else relate?

I think the fallow year has a lot to do with it. I’ve not waited through one before and 2017 seems sooo far away. The rumours for this year aren’t thrilling me either, especially given the prospect of Macca just a few weeks ago. I’m also on the other side of the word so it’s hard to keep up with eFests Bant (TM). 

So I need something to kick my excitement into gear. Tips, perhaps videos, are welcome. 

Apologies for the downer. 

6 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Apologies for the downer. 

We still love you!

Everytime I need some random cheering I'm scrolling to one of the 'favourite Glastonbury photos /videos / misheard' threads and it doing the job for me plus it give me some proper excitement. 

Edited by e2p2

We're in that limbo period, just waiting for the poster and some definitive names, it's the same every year but it does feel like we've been discussing the headliners forever, probably because of the God damn fallow year. As soon as that poster drops we'll have something real to discuss rather than speculate. Then the resale will be here and hopefully all of those on eFests who are desperate to get a ticket are successful (let's not forget, there's possibly more of them this year). Once that's settled we'll be discussing the weather, what types of trolley to use, where to park, how much booze to take, what flavour vodka to create, clashfinders, etc. Then for some, the most exciting announcement pre-festival: the map drop. 

Hang in there, just a few more weeks and it'll feel more real.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

I've been feeling the same way and I think it must be the fallow year. I'm past the point of anticipation and I've fallen into frustration. It seems like every rumor I'm genuinely excited about ends up getting ruled out (macca, now robyn). Work has also been absolute madness and ive been living in a polar vortex so I'm feeling a bit worn thin on that front also. 

I KNOW in the back of my brain that the lineup essentially means nothing and once I get there I throw out all my plans... but I just need something exciting to fixate on in the meantime. 

I think a lineup drop or an unexpected exciting announcement is the only thing that's going to get me out of my funk. 

Sorry I dont have help to give, only validation. 

im simmering but have been since the last one ...doing small bits on the fancy dress design keeps my mind Glastonbury focused each week but we are still a bit of a distance away so I fully expect the levels to ramp up over the next few months ... I see it like a pyramid we are in the early stages and working towards al that energy getting focused :) 

The lineup will be fine - as it stands there’s more to surprise you with at the moment. You need to forget about all the headliner chat, or speculation on any of the stages really, and remember all the shit that you’re getting back to. Think more about walking through the gates again, the places you’re gonna go first when you’ve set up, the smells, god damn the beautiful weather we had in 2017 should be the freshest memory of the place.

Edited by dentalplan

Not sure I'm ever mad excited at this point, although I'm usually clamoring for the line-up at this point, which I'm not really yet this year. 

I failed to get tickets in 2013 so only feel like I'm halfway through the fallow period at this point. Really surprised myself in 2018 by not really missing it either, that's probably added to it.

"Losing" Macca was a big blow as well.

To summarise I feel pretty similar to you but i think that's alright. There's a lot of year to get through yet, no point wishing that away. (and don't worry about missing efest bant, most of it goes over my head. There was a load of fake accounts recently? Didn't get it. Just watch a simpsons episode, all the best posts are just frames from that.)

Have a read through of Tort's excellent Glastonbury guide. The pictures and general run through of everything that makes the festival so special always gets me excited. Even just reading about where to camp brings my mind back to the excitement of the festival.

http://www.glastoearth.com/the-faq

• Upvote 1

Excitement for me has ramped up as the last few days in Essex have been marvellous. Went to the beach when it was about 14 degrees on Sunday and currently it's bright blue skies and mild enough to walk around without a jumper or coat on. Feels like summer is around the corner, though I feel we might get punished for this pretty good winter and last year's heatwave with a mudbath at Glastonbury.

Feb till April is the worst

You feel you are done waiting as all other festivals complete their lineup while glastonbury still remains unannounced.

the wait until the first poster drop is always one that makes you doubt the festival. However, it turns out okay in the end!

One thing an unsuccessful ticket day this year has taught me is just how much I really love the festival completely regardless of the line-ups. Keeping everything crossed for April but I'd give anything to be in the position you guys with tickets are. I do wonder (if I'd been successful) if I might have also felt a bit subdued with all the line-up predictions and the long wait for any news but I've now realised all that matters is being there at all. I don't post much on here but I visit pretty much everyday just to get a fix of everyone's obsession with the greatest festival on earth. Really hope your excitement kicks in soon and that you all have a brilliant Glastonbury 19 :)

• Upvote 2

As others have said it's still only February. Still another 4 months to go, I usually get more excited after the first poster drop as at that point you can update your playlist and begin to make some vague plans on who you want to see etc but usually around May is when I'd expect to be at my usual level of excitement when you start to see them building the site or the fence. 

I will once I get a lineup and have some bands to get excited for. At the moment Ill probably go see Kylie cause itll be good fun but Im not gonna be listening to her greatest hits in the build up. 

Non of the other announced line up interest me and a lot of the mooted bands dont either so its hard to get really up for it. I know its gonna be class so im excited but itll kick in whn I have a line up and im blasting tubes everyday getting into the spirit. 

14 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

usually around May is when I'd expect to be at my usual level of excitement when you start to see them building the site or the fence. 

That’s true. In the excitement calendar, the first signs of the build is a real high point. I’ll book my flights in early March and the poster should drop before the end of that month also so it’ll soon feel real again.