Is anyone else still waiting to get properly excited?

kalifire

i got excited when i booked my Wells hotel for Tuesday night

now i am past it really and back to meh.... it still seems so far away which is the thing for me , the weather hasn't changed, it is still dark when driving home. As it gets closer and it gets lighter i will begin to get excited

4 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

i got excited when i booked my Wells hotel for Tuesday night

now i am past it really and back to meh.... it still seems so far away which is the thing for me , the weather hasn't changed, it is still dark when driving home. As it gets closer and it gets lighter i will begin to get excited

I think the weather has a massive effect actually - both on my mood in general and for any thoughts of the summer!

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Come June you might regret it. I spend most of the festival near sober, just a few pints during the day and another few late night. I get high on the atmosphere and that’s not changed for years and I’m older than you and probably just as introverted . I treat every year as if i might never be successful again in getting tickets so enjoy it to the limit. 

Just think of all the good times you’ve had and go for the resale , you know it makes sense!

Damn you!! ;)

Yeah the thought I might never go again... I feel sure I will, just not soon.

But then like you say, you have to get lucky to get tickets at all.

• Upvote 1

I’m the same @Gnomicide. I’ve just accepted that I’m weird and that I have to tone it down when I talk to friends. Thankfully my husband does understand and will tolerate me talking about it every other day or so which is pretty lucky really. I know my excitement will grow from here but it’s already bloody ridiculous! I haven’t had an alcoholic drink yet in 2019. I’m one of these all or nothing people- i try to stay away from it because when I open the bottle, the danger is that I’m out for 3 days. My aim was maybe to stay dry until Glasto, maybe a bit unrealistic so I’ll probably have a couple of sessions on the way - first one end of March. However, in the lead up, I won’t drink so that when I get to Glasto, that first drink will literally be like heaven. Can.not.wait.

Edited by Phoenix Girl
Edit: couldn’t give a toss about the line up really, as long as Hot Chip or VW are there I’m made up.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I find I've been enough times that the pre-festival excitement doesn't really kick in until around a week before. I still hang around on here and look at line-up announcements and rumours but it's less straight up excitement than it used to be.

I think partly that's because there's a nervous energy around heading into the unknown that you sort of get the first few times. Now I kind of know what to expect, I do it practically every year - it's a known thing for me.

Now when I get there, I'll enjoy it just as much as anyone else, but the build up doesn't have the same appeal any more.

My boss called me in for some training today we spent 5 mins doing the training and another 25 talking about Glastonbury ... he's going in the caravan fields and myself and my friend have been invited for breakfast ... bit of a walk from the jp but reckon a good feed will help .... just helps ramp up the excitement levels a bit more 

I'm in the same boat mate. There's no concrete confirmations yet that I care about, and the headline rumours are underwhelming (I really don't like The Cure, and I've seen The Killers 12 times)... I'm hoping that when the first poster drops, that's when the buzz will hit me!

Need the first lineup poster, a new map and then activity on Glastocam to get my excitement on the go.

We're about to get our bank holiday day drinking warm-ups to prepare us for 5 days on it soon, too.

I'm starting to buy bits and pieces which is exciting too, or me being too organised. ??‍♂️

I'm kind of hoping there's not too, too much I really need to see. Last year was my first Glasto and I saw loads but also missed loads. I really need to take it easier this time and look carefully at Green Man and EOTR line ups, which I've also booked, so I can take the load off of Glasto a bit. Really want to experience other areas this time and use the bars a bit more. I am proper excited now though and have just started watching You Tube clips from last time....bring it on :-)

4 hours ago, K2SO said:

I'm in the same boat mate. There's no concrete confirmations yet that I care about, and the headline rumours are underwhelming (I really don't like The Cure, and I've seen The Killers 12 times)... I'm hoping that when the first poster drops, that's when the buzz will hit me!

I'm more excited than I should be given I have no ticket yet!

I'm trying not to get excited as i won't decide until the first week in April if i will actually go, so i've booked no flights or a campervan. But there are so many things that make you think about it and like others i now think that every time i get a ticket could be the last time i'm successful, so bits of excitement creep in now and again. Someone from where i used to work in the UK has come over to NZ to work with us for 3 months so having someone who has been before and is going this year and who i can chat to about it has helped. 

Just this morning we watched sing with the the kids and just seeing that made me think about seeing a great set at Glasto and the excitement spiked again for just a few minutes.

The last pig in the poke for me though is that if i do go i will see one of my oldest friends there (hopefully), but this will probably be the last time i ever see them as they have lost their battle against an illness and its just a question of time now. So its going to be a very sad occasion as they mean so much to me and Glasto has become our regular meetup place for the last few fests.

I am so looking forward to seeing the new area's as well, so i can't imagine not being able to pay that balance in April a weird year for me and quite a few others in would seem! :) 

8 hours ago, SighMo said:

I'm kind of hoping there's not too, too much I really need to see. Last year was my first Glasto and I saw loads but also missed loads. I really need to take it easier this time and look carefully at Green Man and EOTR line ups, which I've also booked, so I can take the load off of Glasto a bit. Really want to experience other areas this time and use the bars a bit more. I am proper excited now though and have just started watching You Tube clips from last time....bring it on ?

You will miss loads every year, it's one of the unique aspects of the festival. But in the main you'll make the right decisions and what the eyes don't see, the heart doesn't grieve over*

* Unless you chose Basement Jaxx over Bowie...

• Like 1

On 2/21/2019 at 12:00 PM, CajunMoon said:

One thing an unsuccessful ticket day this year has taught me is just how much I really love the festival completely regardless of the line-ups. Keeping everything crossed for April but I'd give anything to be in the position you guys with tickets are. I do wonder (if I'd been successful) if I might have also felt a bit subdued with all the line-up predictions and the long wait for any news but I've now realised all that matters is being there at all. I don't post much on here but I visit pretty much everyday just to get a fix of everyone's obsession with the greatest festival on earth. Really hope your excitement kicks in soon and that you all have a brilliant Glastonbury 19 :)

Exactly it for me as well. Until I failed T-day, I never thought I’d be more heartbroken to miss out on all manner of mundane things like sitting on a hill or looking around shops than I would be missing out on favourite acts. Can see ‘em all elsewhere.

However, as you allude to, I’m sure everyone else had their realisation in October that they’ll be able to do all that again after a year off and it’s subsided somewhat now. Shouldn’t make it less important though.

• Upvote 1

I am excited to be going again but the real excitement doesn't kick in for me until I see Neil's "Stand by your bed post". Once I see that and more names get released and the final poster, that's when I get really excited. Not long to go now till that happens (I hope!).

• Upvote 1

I’m already excited and have been since before t day, I’d started on my list before I even got tickets and have been annoying Mr Charm for quite some time with too much Glastonbury talk, considering how many people from here missed out in the main sale I feel super lucky and really can’t wait for this year. 

Charm x

On 2/22/2019 at 1:41 PM, thrillhouse188 said:

ooo what's your PhD on? Got a couple years till I have to submit but already looking forward to getting it done and getting a big-boy job ?

Informal gold mining and migration ? what's yours on? Deadline is the end of September but need it done before Glastonbury.....particularly as I just found out Ive got a new job which should be starting around that time too (ideally around the 8th July, but I think that might be pushing it a bit!!)

20 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Informal gold mining and migration ? what's yours on? Deadline is the end of September but need it done before Glastonbury.....particularly as I just found out Ive got a new job which should be starting around that time too (ideally around the 8th July, but I think that might be pushing it a bit!!)

Oooo interesting! Mine is in Particle physics, in fact I’m sure we have a science outreach tent at Glastonbury which was my back up if I couldn’t get tickets ?

Thats great you have a job lined up though, must take the pressure off a tad!