Tips on ditching volunteering

glastoloverpaul

So guys I will be attending glasto this year as a good friend of mine has managed to get me onto the Oxfam volunteering!!

I fully intend to skip my volunteering shifts and enjoy the full festival, it's too good to miss really isn't it?! I'm aware I will lose my deposit but it will be worth it.

Can anyone give me tips on how to get away from the volunteer camp etc? Will they come looking for me? If anyone else has done this could they please give me their method.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 57

21 minutes ago, glastoloverpaul said:

So guys I will be attending glasto this year as a good friend of mine has managed to get me onto the Oxfam volunteering!!

I fully intend to skip my volunteering shifts and enjoy the full festival, it's too good to miss really isn't it?! I'm aware I will lose my deposit but it will be worth it.

Can anyone give me tips on how to get away from the volunteer camp etc? Will they come looking for me? If anyone else has done this could they please give me their method.

Pretty poorly chosen nick it seems.

You're asking something that's so outside what other people here consider acceptable behaviour that I can't ever recall seeing it discussed in the last decade or more.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

34 minutes ago, glastoloverpaul said:

Not only will you lose your deposit, you will be blacklisted from volunteering again. Ever. For any festival. You also put extra strain on those left in your team who will, correctly, think you are a dick of the highest order. Don't do this.

Withdraw your place if you don't want to work.

Alternatively, do your shifts and enjoy them. Volunteering is a different experience its true, but can be highly rewarding and does have its perks.

Edited by LeeHC
Extra explanation

7 minutes ago, glastoloverpaul said:

I came here looking for advice, not a lecture on my morales. If you haven't got any useful information for me then please f**k off.

Cool. And now I'm going to cross-link this to the oxfam volunteering thread so they can hopefully work out who you are and remove your offer of volunteering.

• Upvote 6

53 minutes ago, glastoloverpaul said:

I hope your friend ditches you and security eject you.

Don't be a weapon, Paul.

10 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

There's been some really rubbish trolling on this site over the last few months but this one is an exceptional effort. Well played.

Ha, I think (and hope) you're right. Even if I was taken in by it hook, line and sinker... 

If this is a genuine post, and your friend managed to get you into the Oxfam volunteering based on a recommendation, then not only should you not do it for all the reasons above, but you'll give your friend a bad rep too. 

However, I expect this is just someone trying to get some cheap kicks. Helped me pass some time at work anyways. 

31 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

1. yes it is half term and the use of the word "innit" isnt used enough these days , innit

Ah you see if you hung out down here in south London you would hear it a lot. Not that I would recommend it as all the kids are hanging about in the high street and the ones that aren't are at home trolling forums. 

3 hours ago, glastoloverpaul said:

this has to be a wind up but I am sure others have tried it before you  

so you don't mind shitting on your Good friend and also shitting on a Genuine Volunteer.

Because if you have linked your account to your Good friend then he will be in trouble as well.

its people like you why most { but not all } Genuine Volunteers have to pay a deposit.

Thank God GFL have a crew wrist band tracker inserted into the wrist band so expect to be ejected pretty sharpish and Security may not give you time to collect your stuff

4 hours ago, glastoloverpaul said:

If this isn't a wind-up or someone looking to get someone else in trouble then....

If I were @glastoloverpaul I would be very very worried now. By signalling your intent and given excellent clues to your identity you have alerted Oxfam. You think they don't read these forms do you! 

If you want do Glasto then it's time to look for a ticket by honest means. You don't deserve one however.

Now learn.....People with no morals don't get very far. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, glastoloverpaul said:

Let us all know how hot hell is Paul