How about Against Me! For the secret set? I have no info as to why other than LJG will be there with her band and they're working on new music this year and have a fall tour lined up where they'll be playing classic albums in full... seems like R+L could be a good place to do something too....

1 hour ago, DarthSaul said:

Radio 1 keep playing Jamie T's Zombie so I'm sure he's coming back soon. They often start playing old tunes when they're prepping to promote someone's new stuff. 

He’s not gonna make his comeback doing a secret set here for a second time running, surely?

Though, thinking of that, history suggests any secret set is likely to be someone making a sort of comeback.

17 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

He’s not gonna make his comeback doing a secret set here for a second time running, surely?

Though, thinking of that, history suggests any secret set is likely to be someone making a sort of comeback.

Yeah I could definitely see him doing it again. I feel like he's fallen into a similar bracket of the kooks, two door cinema club, who peaked years ago musically but somehow 'indie lads' still go nuts over. So would be just as big, if not bigger than before 

1 minute ago, DarthSaul said:

Yeah I could definitely see him doing it again. I feel like he's fallen into a similar bracket of the kooks, two door cinema club, who peaked years ago musically but somehow 'indie lads' still go nuts over. So would be just as big, if not bigger than before 

I worded it poorly but I don’t think it’ll be him playing a secret set which would be more or less the same as last time but less exciting, but I think you are on the right track by thinking of a name who isn’t touring or anything at the moment.

2 hours ago, DarthSaul said:

Radio 1 keep playing Jamie T's Zombie so I'm sure he's coming back soon. They often start playing old tunes when they're prepping to promote someone's new stuff. 

over 3 months before seems a bit early to be doing this though, i don't think it means anything this far from the event

1 minute ago, gfa said:

over 3 months before seems a bit early to be doing this though, i don't think it means anything this far from the event

I don't mean they're playing his stuff to promote him at Reading and Leeds. Just that he'll have new music out soon and they will probably play his new single a lot. Before Vampire Weekend had officially announced a new album they kept playing a-punk for example, then harmony hall dropped and now it's often on the radio. The radio exists largely for promotion purposes. 

11 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

I don't mean they're playing his stuff to promote him at Reading and Leeds. Just that he'll have new music out soon and they will probably play his new single a lot. Before Vampire Weekend had officially announced a new album they kept playing a-punk for example, then harmony hall dropped and now it's often on the radio. The radio exists largely for promotion purposes. 

it was more to say i doubt he's doing a secret set, hope not at least.

Honestly just want it to be Tame Impala for the big one as he’s in Europe at the time, IDLES and The Streets as the slightly smaller ones like Frank Carter/Peace last year. Have Idles do theirs in the FR and idk for The Streets. Secret set in the dance tent? Cuz they don’t tend to have two on the R1 and isn’t the typical rule have the artist do a secret set on a stage they’ve now outgrown? 

5 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Tyler doing a secret set would be a big way to fully announce his ban from the UK UK is up. I can definitely see him being booked next year so could be on the cards.

Definitely can see this happening. Especially given theres no other obvious candidates for the major secret set.