21 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

In France on Sunday. Has that empty space before Twisted Wheel always been free, or has someone dropped out? That slot Reading Fri/Leeds Sat would be the spot as Reading Sat/Leeds Fri FR lineup is full. 

Yeah always been a gap between Zucker and Twisted Wheel, was hoping for Bombay Bicycle Club but Sam Fender would be nice and would likely get a good crowd in that slot, nothing much else on

4 hours ago, foolee said:

If Idles are Saturday at Reading could Slaves be the pit secret set on the Sunday? Played with Foos and Frank Carter last night and have played the festival quite a few times, also free for the Sunday at Reading. 

Would love it because my Sunday is pretty empty but they are in France on the Friday so if they do Reading Sunday that would be the Friday slot at Leeds, unlikely that they’d get booked for Reading but not Leeds (but not impossible)

2 hours ago, BeddingatReading said:

Would love it because my Sunday is pretty empty but they are in France on the Friday so if they do Reading Sunday that would be the Friday slot at Leeds, unlikely that they’d get booked for Reading but not Leeds (but not impossible)

There isn’t a gap in the lineup for the pit stage on the Friday at Leeds but there is at Reading so this act is only doing the Sunday at Reading. 

Edited by foolee

Yeah there is. The pit doesn’t have anyone on until 12:40 and the other days it is 12:00 so they could easily get a secret set in early on the Friday to get the crowds in and to fair that would fit IDLES in perfectly as they’re closing Shambala festival the same day

57 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

Yeah there is. The pit doesn’t have anyone on until 12:40 and the other days it is 12:00 so they could easily get a secret set in early on the Friday to get the crowds in and to fair that would fit IDLES in perfectly as they’re closing Shambala festival the same day

It's 12.40 Friday and Saturday and 13.00 Sunday. 

32 minutes ago, Dangerbreaks said:

It's 12.40 Friday and Saturday and 13.00 Sunday. 

Yeah but what I’m saying is if they are going to do a secret set Fri Leeds and Sun Reading they could easily fit it in early. 

3 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

Yeah but what I’m saying is if they are going to do a secret set Fri Leeds and Sun Reading they could easily fit it in early. 

Would be a short one with turnaround time considering none of the stages open until 12

1 minute ago, Dangerbreaks said:

Would be a short one with turnaround time considering none of the stages open until 12

Who says? Arena will be open from about 11, nothing to stop them getting a band on at half 11 or whenever. 

4 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

Who says? Arena will be open from about 11, nothing to stop them getting a band on at half 11 or whenever. 

Fair point. Just going off past experience, only time they've done it before was Green Day in the Radio 1 and that was Reading only if I remember correctly. Guess we'll see in a few days. 

How does it normally work with finding out about these secret sets? Do the gaps normally get filled on the app a bit before or do you just turn up? 

4 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

How does it normally work with finding out about these secret sets? Do the gaps normally get filled on the app a bit before or do you just turn up? 

Last year the app gave you notifications around 20mins before, but the bigger ones are often on a poster or something as well 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, somethingpersonal said:

Last year the app gave you notifications around 20mins before, but the bigger ones are often on a poster or something as well 

i don’t think there’s gonna be a big one this year tbh

• Upvote 1

Probably worth checking this thread once or twice too as I'm sure it'll be posted on here when they're revealed. 

We normally know about any by now don't we.

Aren't most hinted at/ telegraphed/ leaked long in advance? Can anyone remember when we knew about Foals, BMTH and QOTSA, Im sure we knew we were on long before we left for the festival

2015 (Aug 28th - Aug 30th)
Foals: Aug 29th - although had been discussed for weeks before after info from DR OK. 

2017 (Aug 25th - Aug 27th)
Queens of the Stone Age: Aug 17th, announced a show on R1 for the following Thurs and then reliable info posted on here.

2018 (Aug 24th - Aug 26th)
Bring Me The Horizon: Aug 21st, but was pretty much known since late July as they had a tour embargoed and new music linking up w/ R&L weekend.

Yes, I really did brave the 2015 thread without the ability to search to find that info. People were picking up weekend tickets at £100 a pop! Good times. 

For anyone not looking in the main thread, Scarlxrd is on the 1xtra Friday at Reading

Edit: Listed on the app so not-so-secret set

Edited by Quorn

4 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

2015 (Aug 28th - Aug 30th)
Foals: Aug 29th - although had been discussed for weeks before after info from DR OK. 

2017 (Aug 25th - Aug 27th)
Queens of the Stone Age: Aug 17th, announced a show on R1 for the following Thurs and then reliable info posted on here.

2018 (Aug 24th - Aug 26th)
Bring Me The Horizon: Aug 21st, but was pretty much known since late July as they had a tour embargoed and new music linking up w/ R&L weekend.

Yes, I really did brave the 2015 thread without the ability to search to find that info. People were picking up weekend tickets at £100 a pop! Good times. 

Foals pretty much confirmed it on Annie Mac, in the same way as QOTSA - think it was 25th of August, as I bought saturday tickets just to see them

Edited by Stuielooie

2 minutes ago, Dangerbreaks said:

They'd have to be on the Radio 1 Stage if they play surely but there's barely a gap for them (especially at Leeds) 

Only time they could possibly do it is surely at the start of the day, but that does seem so unlikely. Could just be a throwback post, and probably is but not impossible I guess