On 8/15/2019 at 7:03 PM, BeddingatReading said:

So, is there any chance of a potential secret set on the FR or Pit after the headliners on the Post day? I’ve never know them to have a secret set that late but then I’ve never known both to finish that early. 

Queens of the Stone age were on the NME about 9pm 2 years ago

10 hours ago, gfa said:

Love Fame Tragedy a shout maybe for a secret set? Would be a good way to kick off the solo thing but I doubt it maybe as the Wombats did a secret last year and are already back for a second year running. I am assuming he will be playing lots of their songs as well as the new singles so it would kind of be overkill, 4 sets in 2 years.

Didn’t even know he was branching out and doing some solo stuff. I’m a fan of the Wombats but even for me it’s getting a bit much them being absolutely everywhere recently. 

So our previous guesses as to the time of the secret set may not be complete. Just been reading an NME article which states. 

Secret set because: This is unconfirmed, but a prominent Clashfinder website has spotted an abnormally large gap on the BBC Radio 1 Stage between 4-5pm on the Saturday at Reading.’

guessing if NME is talking about this slot this is THE secret set. It’s quite late in the day and clashes with Billie Eilish so I wonder if it’s....? 

(This is for Reading)

Edited by Radi0Head

5 minutes ago, Radi0Head said:

So our previous guesses as to the time of the secret set may not be complete. Just been reading an NME article which states. 

Secret set because: This is unconfirmed, but a prominent Clashfinder website has spotted an abnormally large gap on the BBC Radio 1 Stage between 4-5pm on the Saturday at Reading.’

guessing if NME is talking about this slot this is THE secret set. It’s quite late in the day and clashes with Billie Eilish so I wonder if it’s....? 

(This is for Reading)

5 minute slot? It's Lil Nas X!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

5 minute slot? It's Lil Nas X!

Nah compare Saturday to the other days  (which have pretty much identical set times) with a quick changeover they could fit someone on for half hour.

Edited by Radi0Head

2 minutes ago, Radi0Head said:

Nah compare Saturday to the other days  (which have pretty much identical set times) with a quick changeover they could fit someone on for half hour.

There's no 'quick changeover' on the other days. I just checked.

They have hyped Bilie Eilish all summer on their social media, they have moved her onto the main stage to ensure a massive crowd, they aren't going to now split the crowd by putting a big secret set against her.  The gap is there because they have moved her off that stage and not replaced her.

2 hours ago, WFD said:

They have hyped Bilie Eilish all summer on their social media, they have moved her onto the main stage to ensure a massive crowd, they aren't going to now split the crowd by putting a big secret set against her.  The gap is there because they have moved her off that stage and not replaced her.

She was moved to ensure that everyone who wanted to see her could. As far as I am concerned they don't particularly care about ensuring her a massive crowd. If it turns out to be Biffy for example thats nearly non existent crossover so it would be fine - minor crossover for catfish too.

For a new suggestion how about the Black Keys - got the new album to promote and haven't really done much in the UK for a while, could lead to a sub spot maybe next year or NME headline (not too sure how big they are to be honest here)

Edited by gfa

12 minutes ago, gfa said:

She was moved to ensure that everyone who wanted to see her could. As far as I am concerned they don't particularly care about ensuring her a massive crowd. If it turns out to be Biffy for example thats nearly non existent crossover so it would be fine - minor crossover for catfish too.

For a new suggestion how about the Black Keys - got the new album to promote and haven't really done much in the UK for a while, could lead to a sub spot maybe next year or NME headline (not too sure how big they are to be honest here)

Regarding the Black Kets size, the two times I saw them they were sub- headlining at Reading and Glastonbury 

2 minutes ago, reece robson said:

is oddity roads newest instagram post hinting at an idles secret set ir am i looking to deep into it 

The rational me is saying you’re looking too deep into it. The huge Idles fan me is hoping it’s a hint.

12 minutes ago, reece robson said:

is oddity roads newest instagram post hinting at an idles secret set ir am i looking to deep into it 

Nope, I think they are playing, and this is a decent hint......

Just so you all get fair warning, if Idles play a secret set at Reading and it clashes with one of the few bands I actually want to see over the weekend, there may be a rivalschoolsprice based efests tantrum for you all to contend with.

Especially if it’s on my very packed Sunday instead of my almost empty Saturday.

Edited by rivalschools.price

Can someone please let me know where this secret set will be announced. I know it will probably be a few hours before the set but I will want to make sure I find out who it is as and when it is announced.

If Idles are Saturday at Reading could Slaves be the pit secret set on the Sunday? Played with Foos and Frank Carter last night and have played the festival quite a few times, also free for the Sunday at Reading. 

4 minutes ago, Radi0Head said:

wait what’s all this about idles? Have we had some serious hint or something ?

No

1 hour ago, Tom Connolly said:

they’re free but why would Slaves do it after a big slot last year, they don’t have any new music apart from that EP

Can only think of them or Frank Turner for the pit slot that would make sense imo so just wanted to throw the idea around. 

15 minutes ago, foolee said:

Can only think of them or Frank Turner for the pit slot that would make sense imo so just wanted to throw the idea around. 

don’t get me wrong i’d love slaves but it just doesn’t make sense to me

4 minutes ago, Properbigfan said:

Heard some buzz about Sam Fender on FR. got nothing to back it up but yeah take what you want from that 

In France on Sunday. Has that empty space before Twisted Wheel always been free, or has someone dropped out? That slot Reading Fri/Leeds Sat would be the spot as Reading Sat/Leeds Fri FR lineup is full.