35 minutes ago, Banana87 said:

Yeah, Slayer at Download when they stuck them in the 2nd stage tent, that's was chaos and dangerous, but hey! That's not to say festivals wont make the same mistake again! lol

I'm buzzing about the festival! Travelling down tomorrow and though the secret sets may still be pretty vague I'll be keeping an eye on those slots, especially if there's nothing else on (like the possible Sunday slot). Saturdays gonna be tricky to pull me away from Billie but hopefully I can catch the beginning of whatever that may be!

There almost definitely isnt gonna be something on when Billie Eilish is on, that gap is tiny and is just the fact that Billie got moved to Main Stage so they had a slight gap there, they're not gonna be able to fit a band in with change overs either side of them in 45 minutes

1 hour ago, Banana87 said:

Yeah, Slayer at Download when they stuck them in the 2nd stage tent, that's was chaos and dangerous, but hey! That's not to say festivals wont make the same mistake again! lol

I'm buzzing about the festival! Travelling down tomorrow and though the secret sets may still be pretty vague I'll be keeping an eye on those slots, especially if there's nothing else on (like the possible Sunday slot). Saturdays gonna be tricky to pull me away from Billie but hopefully I can catch the beginning of whatever that may be!

There is a decent sized stage for any band at download.  3rd/4th stage tents which I have seen Metallica play in before. 

On 8/20/2019 at 7:37 AM, TKOCF said:

My thinking now is that it’ll be the SLP but Tom will join Serge on stage and they’ll do one or two Kasabian songs together. 

Can't see that happening at all. The S.L.P. is something entirely separate from Kasabian. I'd actually be shocked if Serge even plays any Kasabian songs at the gigs

Gaps have opened for Leeds on Friday 4-5pm BBC Introducing stage and around 8:10-9:30pm (not sure of exact timings there) Festival Republic stage, what are we thinking? Already room for early noon sets on Dance Stage and 1extra that day too, maybe even a R1 set if they open early as the first act is on 12:35

Edited by jumperofftheshelf

5 minutes ago, jumperofftheshelf said:

Gaps have opened for Leeds on Friday 4-5pm BBC Introducing stage and around 8:10-9:30pm (not sure of exact timings there) Festival Republic stage, what are we thinking? Already room for early noon sets on Dance Stage and 1extra that day too, maybe even a R1 set if they open early as the first act is on 12:35

That's a new gap on Introducing and is similar to the one in the equivalent day at Reading so looks like however was already the secret set at Reading has agreed to do Leeds as well (secret sets on Introducing are normally Reading only, so that they can feature on the TV coverage).

The one late on FR is only because they moved SWMRS to the main stage as part of the re-shuffle when Lil Uzi Vert pulled out, so it's not a secret set slot, though they may still fill it last minute, probably by moving someone over.  Would be strange to leave a long gap like that.

23 minutes ago, WFD said:

That's a new gap on Introducing and is similar to the one in the equivalent day at Reading so looks like however was already the secret set at Reading has agreed to do Leeds as well (secret sets on Introducing are normally Reading only, so that they can feature on the TV coverage).

The one late on FR is only because they moved SWMRS to the main stage as part of the re-shuffle when Lil Uzi Vert pulled out, so it's not a secret set slot, though they may still fill it last minute, probably by moving someone over.  Would be strange to leave a long gap like that.

What do you mean by move someone over? This is my first year doing Leeds so this is all new to me :)

Yeah like moving someone from BBC Introducing.  That FR stage slot clashes with Foo Fighters but it would still be a bump up for someone e.g. The Mysterines who are last on Introducing - they could move them over and end Introducing earlier.

Actually, I've just looked at the app to check that logic and they've already got Mysterines playing later than they were first scheduled (they were clashing with Shikari previously, now they are an hour later, probably as part of creating the new gap), so it wouldn't be a massive leap to put them on FR instead.

4 minutes ago, Quorn said:

That Radio 1 gap opposite Billie Eilish is now like an hour and 45 minutes, at least at Reading, safe to say that’s a secret set?

That's because King Princess has dropped out. It's highly unlikely to be a secret set unless they've organised something in the last day.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn