4 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

Who says? Arena will be open from about 11, nothing to stop them getting a band on at half 11 or whenever. 

Fair point. Just going off past experience, only time they've done it before was Green Day in the Radio 1 and that was Reading only if I remember correctly. Guess we'll see in a few days. 

4 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

How does it normally work with finding out about these secret sets? Do the gaps normally get filled on the app a bit before or do you just turn up? 

Last year the app gave you notifications around 20mins before, but the bigger ones are often on a poster or something as well 

• Upvote 1

We normally know about any by now don't we.

Aren't most hinted at/ telegraphed/ leaked long in advance? Can anyone remember when we knew about Foals, BMTH and QOTSA, Im sure we knew we were on long before we left for the festival

2015 (Aug 28th - Aug 30th)
Foals: Aug 29th - although had been discussed for weeks before after info from DR OK. 

2017 (Aug 25th - Aug 27th)
Queens of the Stone Age: Aug 17th, announced a show on R1 for the following Thurs and then reliable info posted on here.

2018 (Aug 24th - Aug 26th)
Bring Me The Horizon: Aug 21st, but was pretty much known since late July as they had a tour embargoed and new music linking up w/ R&L weekend.

Yes, I really did brave the 2015 thread without the ability to search to find that info. People were picking up weekend tickets at £100 a pop! Good times. 

4 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

2015 (Aug 28th - Aug 30th)
Foals: Aug 29th - although had been discussed for weeks before after info from DR OK. 

2017 (Aug 25th - Aug 27th)
Queens of the Stone Age: Aug 17th, announced a show on R1 for the following Thurs and then reliable info posted on here.

2018 (Aug 24th - Aug 26th)
Bring Me The Horizon: Aug 21st, but was pretty much known since late July as they had a tour embargoed and new music linking up w/ R&L weekend.

Yes, I really did brave the 2015 thread without the ability to search to find that info. People were picking up weekend tickets at £100 a pop! Good times. 

Foals pretty much confirmed it on Annie Mac, in the same way as QOTSA - think it was 25th of August, as I bought saturday tickets just to see them

Edited by Stuielooie

2 minutes ago, Dangerbreaks said:

They'd have to be on the Radio 1 Stage if they play surely but there's barely a gap for them (especially at Leeds) 

Only time they could possibly do it is surely at the start of the day, but that does seem so unlikely. Could just be a throwback post, and probably is but not impossible I guess

28 minutes ago, Radi0Head said:

Did we eliminate the possibility of an act being on the dance stage early Sunday ?(reading) it’s always seemed pretty big in there.

I'm surprised Shikari sound system isn't somewhere considering they are playing twice already on the Sunday 

On 8/18/2019 at 9:56 PM, Dangerbreaks said:

Fair point. Just going off past experience, only time they've done it before was Green Day in the Radio 1 and that was Reading only if I remember correctly. Guess we'll see in a few days. 

Think Wolf Alice in 2017 were early as well, 11.45ish iirc