They have hyped Bilie Eilish all summer on their social media, they have moved her onto the main stage to ensure a massive crowd, they aren't going to now split the crowd by putting a big secret set against her.  The gap is there because they have moved her off that stage and not replaced her.

2 hours ago, WFD said:

They have hyped Bilie Eilish all summer on their social media, they have moved her onto the main stage to ensure a massive crowd, they aren't going to now split the crowd by putting a big secret set against her.  The gap is there because they have moved her off that stage and not replaced her.

She was moved to ensure that everyone who wanted to see her could. As far as I am concerned they don't particularly care about ensuring her a massive crowd. If it turns out to be Biffy for example thats nearly non existent crossover so it would be fine - minor crossover for catfish too.

For a new suggestion how about the Black Keys - got the new album to promote and haven't really done much in the UK for a while, could lead to a sub spot maybe next year or NME headline (not too sure how big they are to be honest here)

Edited by gfa

12 minutes ago, gfa said:

She was moved to ensure that everyone who wanted to see her could. As far as I am concerned they don't particularly care about ensuring her a massive crowd. If it turns out to be Biffy for example thats nearly non existent crossover so it would be fine - minor crossover for catfish too.

For a new suggestion how about the Black Keys - got the new album to promote and haven't really done much in the UK for a while, could lead to a sub spot maybe next year or NME headline (not too sure how big they are to be honest here)

Regarding the Black Kets size, the two times I saw them they were sub- headlining at Reading and Glastonbury 

Just so you all get fair warning, if Idles play a secret set at Reading and it clashes with one of the few bands I actually want to see over the weekend, there may be a rivalschoolsprice based efests tantrum for you all to contend with.

Especially if it’s on my very packed Sunday instead of my almost empty Saturday.

Edited by rivalschools.price

1 hour ago, Tom Connolly said:

they’re free but why would Slaves do it after a big slot last year, they don’t have any new music apart from that EP

Can only think of them or Frank Turner for the pit slot that would make sense imo so just wanted to throw the idea around. 

4 minutes ago, Properbigfan said:

Heard some buzz about Sam Fender on FR. got nothing to back it up but yeah take what you want from that 

In France on Sunday. Has that empty space before Twisted Wheel always been free, or has someone dropped out? That slot Reading Fri/Leeds Sat would be the spot as Reading Sat/Leeds Fri FR lineup is full. 

21 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

In France on Sunday. Has that empty space before Twisted Wheel always been free, or has someone dropped out? That slot Reading Fri/Leeds Sat would be the spot as Reading Sat/Leeds Fri FR lineup is full. 

Yeah always been a gap between Zucker and Twisted Wheel, was hoping for Bombay Bicycle Club but Sam Fender would be nice and would likely get a good crowd in that slot, nothing much else on

4 hours ago, foolee said:

If Idles are Saturday at Reading could Slaves be the pit secret set on the Sunday? Played with Foos and Frank Carter last night and have played the festival quite a few times, also free for the Sunday at Reading. 

Would love it because my Sunday is pretty empty but they are in France on the Friday so if they do Reading Sunday that would be the Friday slot at Leeds, unlikely that they’d get booked for Reading but not Leeds (but not impossible)

2 hours ago, BeddingatReading said:

Would love it because my Sunday is pretty empty but they are in France on the Friday so if they do Reading Sunday that would be the Friday slot at Leeds, unlikely that they’d get booked for Reading but not Leeds (but not impossible)

There isn’t a gap in the lineup for the pit stage on the Friday at Leeds but there is at Reading so this act is only doing the Sunday at Reading. 

Edited by foolee

57 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

Yeah there is. The pit doesn’t have anyone on until 12:40 and the other days it is 12:00 so they could easily get a secret set in early on the Friday to get the crowds in and to fair that would fit IDLES in perfectly as they’re closing Shambala festival the same day

It's 12.40 Friday and Saturday and 13.00 Sunday.