48 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

So, is there any chance of a potential secret set on the FR or Pit after the headliners on the Post day? I’ve never know them to have a secret set that late but then I’ve never known both to finish that early. 

Can't see it, it would be poor treatment of any headliner to put a secret set up against them. Plus the secret sets are usually early in the day as a way of getting people into the arena, put them on late in the evening and it loses that advantage for the festival.

1 hour ago, WFD said:

Can't see it, it would be poor treatment of any headliner to put a secret set up against them. Plus the secret sets are usually early in the day as a way of getting people into the arena, put them on late in the evening and it loses that advantage for the festival.

Was thinking it would be stupid putting a headliner up against a secret set but it seems the only way to get someone like Catfish to do a secret set. Them in the middle of the day in the FR would be carnage. I just don’t see why they would not book them for so long after how popular they are. 

1 hour ago, WFD said:

Was thinking it would be stupid putting a headliner up against a secret set but it seems the only way to get someone like Catfish to do a secret set. Them in the middle of the day in the FR would be carnage. I just don’t see why they would not book them for so long after how popular they are. 

1 hour ago, BeddingatReading said:

Only reason I can think of is they fit into that strange phase of being too big to sub and not big enough to headline and also probably don't want to co-headline,  would be odd if they've not even tried to get them 

12 hours ago, jamieaslee said:

Only reason I can think of is they fit into that strange phase of being too big to sub and not big enough to headline and also probably don't want to co-headline,  would be odd if they've not even tried to get them 

To be fair between Citadel and TRNSMT they may have been locked down for this year - citadel especially didnt sell well as it was, but imagine Reading being on sale so close too with a much better undercard. I know which I'd choose. Next year co headline I reckon

1 hour ago, BeddingatReading said:

Surely nowhere near big enough. Sure he was in Kasabian but the SLP have only released 4 songs and they aren’t even that popular are they?

they’re still quite interesting. playing quite big venues in september. would be cool in a gerard way kinda thing

1 hour ago, Tom Connolly said:

they’re still quite interesting. playing quite big venues in september. would be cool in a gerard way kinda thing

Yeah but the difference is that was announced. If rumours went round about the SLP secret set I can’t see too many people rushing to get there. Maybe would have been good as a “special guest” opener but not as a secret set. 

10 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

To be fair between Citadel and TRNSMT they may have been locked down for this year - citadel especially didnt sell well as it was, but imagine Reading being on sale so close too with a much better undercard. I know which I'd choose. Next year co headline I reckon

They had toured so heavily, Citadel was their 3rd London festival running in 3 years. I think they just need to give touring a rest for a year then come back and they could definitely do it.

---

Love Fame Tragedy a shout maybe for a secret set? Would be a good way to kick off the solo thing but I doubt it maybe as the Wombats did a secret last year and are already back for a second year running. I am assuming he will be playing lots of their songs as well as the new singles so it would kind of be overkill, 4 sets in 2 years.

On 8/15/2019 at 7:03 PM, BeddingatReading said:

So, is there any chance of a potential secret set on the FR or Pit after the headliners on the Post day? I’ve never know them to have a secret set that late but then I’ve never known both to finish that early. 

Queens of the Stone age were on the NME about 9pm 2 years ago

10 hours ago, gfa said:

Love Fame Tragedy a shout maybe for a secret set? Would be a good way to kick off the solo thing but I doubt it maybe as the Wombats did a secret last year and are already back for a second year running. I am assuming he will be playing lots of their songs as well as the new singles so it would kind of be overkill, 4 sets in 2 years.

Didn’t even know he was branching out and doing some solo stuff. I’m a fan of the Wombats but even for me it’s getting a bit much them being absolutely everywhere recently. 

So our previous guesses as to the time of the secret set may not be complete. Just been reading an NME article which states. 

Secret set because: This is unconfirmed, but a prominent Clashfinder website has spotted an abnormally large gap on the BBC Radio 1 Stage between 4-5pm on the Saturday at Reading.’

guessing if NME is talking about this slot this is THE secret set. It’s quite late in the day and clashes with Billie Eilish so I wonder if it’s....? 

(This is for Reading)

Edited by Radi0Head

5 minutes ago, Radi0Head said:

So our previous guesses as to the time of the secret set may not be complete. Just been reading an NME article which states. 

Secret set because: This is unconfirmed, but a prominent Clashfinder website has spotted an abnormally large gap on the BBC Radio 1 Stage between 4-5pm on the Saturday at Reading.’

guessing if NME is talking about this slot this is THE secret set. It’s quite late in the day and clashes with Billie Eilish so I wonder if it’s....? 

(This is for Reading)

5 minute slot? It's Lil Nas X!

• Like 1