3 hours ago, Dangerbreaks said:

Secret sets aren't normally on the main stage from what I can remember. The bigger ones are pretty much always in the Radio 1 tent and the smaller ones either in the Pit or Festival Republic. 

Libertines 2015 was a secret set wasn't it?

25 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Libertines 2015 was a secret set wasn't it?

Are you talking about Glasto? Because they were a headliner at R&L in 2015.

Kinda irrelevant to the thread but at Glasto they were a last minute addition due to Florence being bumped up, so not really a standard secret set.

1 hour ago, SemiSweet said:

Blink?

Travis does a song with MGK and Yungblud who are both at the festival... don't think Blink have anthing new on the horizon themselves though do they?

What are the odds?

Travis Barker could be there but it’s very unlikely but I don’t think it’ll be blink

3 hours ago, LucasWwfc said:

Tyler the creator was stopped from playing in England when he was banned and he was due to play in reading and Leeds, his Ban is now over, so he can perform , 1000/1 chance.

Think a lot of people are hoping for this. He’s in London on the 16th so could be too much of a gap but who knows I’m shit at doing the guessing haha

16 hours ago, Properbigfan said:

Think a lot of people are hoping for this. He’s in London on the 16th so could be too much of a gap but who knows I’m shit at doing the guessing haha

He's doing a US tour before and after the UK dates, so v unlikely unfortunately. - Hopefully see him on the actual lineup next year, big enough to sub??

On 6/17/2019 at 10:37 PM, SemiSweet said:

They do have a 2 week + gap in their tour dates that R+L falls into just to stoke the prediction.

The gap in Blink 182 tour dates is 9th August to 30th they have no gigs at all then strangely after 30th August back gigging every night across Us. Has to be Blink for sure! 

It cant be bmth anyway as they are at a festival elsewhere for that weekend. I thought they would have announced them considering they did a secret set last year.. but this explains why they havnt.  

How about mcr?? ? they are known to be back in the recording studio now lol. That would be the best secret act ever!!

1 hour ago, Jericode said:

I'd love Biffy. I still think IDLES get announced for the Pit in the last announcement.

Doubt it. I think their options were probably play mid-high slots at loads of smaller festivals or get a bigger exclusive slot at R&L and they went for the former. Can't see them being added to the bill honestly, secret set is definitely possible though. Similar to Frank Carter's last year, then playing a high slot the following year.

58 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Doubt it. I think their options were probably play mid-high slots at loads of smaller festivals or get a bigger exclusive slot at R&L and they went for the former. Can't see them being added to the bill honestly, secret set is definitely possible though. Similar to Frank Carter's last year, then playing a high slot the following year.

Even secret set seems unlikely. It’s usually someone coming back with new material, rather than an act playing every other festival going. I guess Peace played but that’s pretty different.

49 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Even secret set seems unlikely. It’s usually someone coming back with new material, rather than an act playing every other festival going. I guess Peace played but that’s pretty different.

Well to be fair, when Frank did his secret set he hadn't announced a new album or released any singles and had already played the year before off the back of Modern Ruin. Idles haven't played while touring Joy yet. Unlikely for sure but I wouldn't put it past them.