1 hour ago, syc1818 said:

He tried to do one in London today but the police shut it down

there was a stampede of people trying to get in, it was only safe to shut it down otherwise someone would of probably been injured, the video of it is shocking.. i too am really excited about his return but with more planning and ticket sales he’ll be able to safely host shows in england where the police won’t have to intervene, hope there will be a tour announcement soon

17 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Tyler doing a secret set would be a big way to fully announce his ban from the UK is up. I can definitely see him being booked next year so could be on the cards.

I reckon he’d be a late “special guest” as they wouldn’t want to lose out. He’d draw a huge crowd so why not take advantage of that.

4 hours ago, Pr0paneNightm4re said:

reckon he’d be a late “special guest” as they wouldn’t want to lose out. He’d draw a huge crowd so why not take advantage of that.

If he's going tickets will definitely sell out probably in a few hours his fan base Is huge 

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, pepesilvia said:

there are never any major candidates for the secret set at this point because it’s always an act that announces their return. or releases new music around the time of the festival

Yeah it's not even anything people should be concerned about for a while. There are plenty of act that are actually playing that are worth getting into, rather than someone coming in for half an hour to flog their new material.

6 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Have Biffy got an album coming this year besides this soundtrack? Cuz if not I can’t see them doing the secret set to promote a 3 month old movie soundtrack.

They could try asking for Reading to be moved 3 months earlier to coincide with the album.

On 5/18/2019 at 4:41 PM, bigcharlie65 said:

That space on the Main Stage Friday Could be Tyler's Secret set. 

He's gotta come especially as he let down loads of fans back when he got banned.

Seems a bit harsh to say he let down fans. They might have felt let down, but its on the people that banned him, not him.

2 hours ago, Traher666 said:

Seems a bit harsh to say he let down fans. They might have felt let down, but its on the people that banned him, not him.

It was Theresa May when she was Home Secretary that banned him, I wonder that now she has more juice if she was the one to ban the gig too?!?!?! 

9 hours ago, jump said:

It was Theresa May when she was Home Secretary that banned him, I wonder that now she has more juice if she was the one to ban the gig too?!?!?! 

he literally said he cancelled it. not surprised really based on the photos and videos if it kept going could have got him banned again

On 5/19/2019 at 5:40 PM, TheWaters said:

Have Biffy got an album coming this year besides this soundtrack? Cuz if not I can’t see them doing the secret set to promote a 3 month old movie soundtrack.

“Opus 8” is coming out later this year. I could definitely see singles coming out around August. Might be a bit later though due to the soundtrack album. Biffy are full of surprises though. A week ago they didn’t even have a single now they have a whole album and a new tour date. I wouldn’t rule them out

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, Quackers- said:

I reckon the secret set could be Friday on the main stage

Secret sets aren't normally on the main stage from what I can remember. The bigger ones are pretty much always in the Radio 1 tent and the smaller ones either in the Pit or Festival Republic.