BRIT Awards 2019

Woffy

2 hours ago, Madyaker said:

Right, so it's like some masochistic morbid curiosity for you all plus a good excuse for drinking? I get it

Quite the negative slant taken on what is one of the landmarks of the countdown. It's so shit its marvelous. Shame you can't see the fun. 

I for one would normally be hunting for a Stuart Heritage live blog, This place delivers. Buckle up Buttercup. The more sarcasm the better. 

Hope Anne Marie, Jorja Smith and Little Mix win Female Solo, British Breakthrough and British Group respectively. Not arsed about the rest but should be some cringey moments. Worth a watch if only for the commentary on here.

edit: last year Harry Kane presented Kendrick Lamar with an award. An unforgettable moment.

Edited by jyoung

I've just turned on Radio 1 for the first time in goodness knows how long, on the off chance I may hear some of the songs or artists nominated tonight* and about whom I remain oblivious, which to be fair, is most of them. 

And if all that makes me feel and sound old - and it really does - then I can only guess how Scott Mills feels.  Firstly, he's older than me, and secondly, he's still presenting on Radio 1.

*nothing at all to do with the awful Keaveny being on 6 Music.

"I wonder if anybody on here has ever heard any of the nominees for best song except for Shotgun which they're sick of because you can't go down the fucking shops without hearing it."

On 2/19/2019 at 12:32 PM, uscore said:

I seem to know all of them.  But I don't like any of them.

Yep, me too, except the Sigrid one.

On 2/19/2019 at 12:29 PM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I wonder if anybody on here has ever heard any of the nominees for best song except for Shotgun which they're sick of because you can't go down the fucking shops without hearing it.

I'm afraid I know 7 or 8 due to my kids and like 0 of them 7 or 8

4 hours ago, jyoung said:

edit: last year Harry Kane presented Kendrick Lamar with an award. An unforgettable moment.

I didn't even know who Harry Kane was at the last Brit Awards, then mere months later he was my all-time here for a period of about two weeks.

I didn't even watch any of the matches, I just got swept up in the excitement of it all and the sunshine and the song singing and drinking lager and all that business.