BRIT Awards 2019

Woffy

Anne-Marie is in the Jess Glynne category of - Artist who featured on a Clean Bandit track and is somehow massive and sells millions of records despite noone seeming to actually listen to them.

Not massively arsed about most of the Brits winners except Brockhampton for Best International Group because that'd be really cool.

1 hour ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Haha, looking forward to this. I mean, there’s a couple of names in there who get my support, the rest is just complete tosh.

Who is Anne-Marie? She’s completely passed me by.

Had a couple of songs in the charts but mainly made her break collaborating with Clean Bandit and Rudimental. 

Other than that my knowledge is limited

2 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I feel sorry for the generation who missed out on this.

Can you imagine how eFests would have reacted watching this in 89?

sam.jpg

If she'd just paid him the £250 to stand next to him, he wouldn't have had to mess with her autocue.

Here's my annual posting of the Brits' greatest moment.  Yes, it's a real machine gun.  The bullets were blank.

KLF-at-the-Brit-Awards-19-007.jpg?width=

"The KLF have now left the music business"

Edited by fatyeti24
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

If I could wish one thing about the wonderful, diverse, life affirming world of music, it would be that Clean Bandit would just fuck off.

Wow i'm surprised these are top of the list. Barlow and his chums are top of mine! I wish they would fuck off and then fuck off some more

Edited by Doug85
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Doug85 said:

Wow i'm surprised these are top of the list. Barlow and his chums are top of mine! I wish they would fuck off and then fuck off some more

Well I'm not going to knock you for that, it's entirely the sort of sentiment I can get behind. Though they do have that one song I quite like, Bandit and The Lads are just wall to wall, teeth achingly shite. They can stick Cortana up their cello playing arses.

5 hours ago, Woffy said:

Calvin Harris is the headliner at the awards this year, and his performance will feature appearances from his collaborators Dua Lipa, Sam Smith and Rag’n’Bone Man. This means it’s likely that their tracks Promises, One Kiss and Giant will be on the set list.

Other performances on the night will include Little Mix, George Ezra, Jorja Smith and The 1975.

What a treat. Should have got IDLES playing, just to see the beautiful people at the front crapping themselves 

• Like 1

There's a parallel universe in which Richard D James, dressed in appropriate evening attire, ascends the stage to accept his award, thanks the British music industry and his favoured deity while acknowledging the strength of the competition he was up against.

It's not a parallel universe I'd want anything to do with, mind.

I'm so fucking excited I can't even read the comments. This is the thread I came looking for this evening. I have already worked out the optimised position so I can have laptop and TV aligned. Where the drinks go comfortably and shared munch with the hubs @fatyeti24 

I believe we are ready! Thanks @Woffy for getting this shit started. Its all part of the countdown. 

I'm actually giddy, another landmark down! 

• Upvote 1