Weekend 1

Friday - Florence and The Machine / Arcade Fire / Christine and the Queens

Saturday - Ed Sheeran / Two Door Cinema Club / Billie Eilish

Sunday - Biffy Clyro / Wolf Alice / Royal Blood

Weekend 2

Friday - The Strokes / Foals / Sigala

Saturday - Mumford and Sons / Lewis Capaldi / Lana Del Rey

Sunday - Kings of Leon / The Libertines / Vampire Weekend

Apart from Sigala none of those acts would be completely out of place headlining (well sort of but like still the point stands its too strong). This is miles too strong and isn't very TRNSMT either, more APE or Glastonbury than anything.

Edited by gfa

4 hours ago, Threestripes said:

Gerry Cinnamon will be headlining next year so will Capaldi al go for Noel as the 3rd

Will capaldi even be relevant then though, a year is a long way away. Would be a shame to see them back two years running (three for gerry) although would probably sell alright.

I can see Cinnamon doing SS next year actually. I think Biffy will be one. Noel ain't headlining a major DF one again probably. Liam Gallagher might be a decent shout to return. 

They might well take a punt on Capaldi. Especially since 70 minute headliner slots are now a thing. 

12 minutes ago, gfa said:

Will capaldi even be relevant then though, a year is a long way away.

Definitely. He's likeable and, most importantly, he's managed to join the relentless Gallagher press cycle which is an absolute geyser of PR on Radio X, NME, etc. He's in it for the long haul.

Capaldi does the sort of music that people are suckers for, which helps with the image he's created for himself. He's not going anywhere anytime soon.

Has it been confirmed anywhere that there will be two weekends?

Would make sense to have one weekend like this year’s and another for the alternative audience that the festival was originally intended for. 

Best I would hope for is Gerry Cinnamon, Arctic Monkeys, Kasabian but can see it being Calvin Harris, Drake, Lewis Capaldi the way the festival is now going. 

There won't be two weekends. It was a one off.

Can people please stop giving jj's posts any sort of attention?

Due to the festival going mainstream

I could see the headliners being the 1975, Kendrick Lamar and Kings of Leon

Muse, Kasabian and ad- DC headline Glasgow summer sessions.

Florence + the Machine / Twin Atlantic / The Lumineers

The 1975 / Vampire Weekend / Billie Eilish

Paolo Nutini / Dua Lipa / Wolf Alice

I could live with that quite happily.  Maybe swap a sub/3rd out for Christine & The Queens if still touring.

Edited by harryomatic

13 minutes ago, harryomatic said:

Florence + the Machine / Twin Atlantic / The Lumineers

The 1975 / Vampire Weekend / Billie Eilish

Paolo Nutini / Dua Lipa / Wolf Alice

I could live with that quite happily.  Maybe swap a sub/3rd out for Christine & The Queens if still touring.

I can't see twin Atlantic playing that high and I can't see Florence playing next year.

5 minutes ago, jj200 said:

I can't see twin Atlantic playing that high and I can't see Florence playing next year.

Played 4th down in 2017. New album under their belt, in front of a home crowd, cheap booking option: it'll be 2nd or 3rd.

3 hours ago, jj200 said:

Due to the festival going mainstream

I could see the headliners being the 1975, Kendrick Lamar and Kings of Leon

Muse, Kasabian and ad- DC headline Glasgow summer sessions.

Its not that - its just what acts are touring at this time of the year which they can pickup. Most of the bigger names aren't around till later in the summer doing reading/gss/others and the only one that was in the UK around trnsmt was killers who played last year. Florence maybe could have but I would argue for the crowd in Glasgow and the rest of the day's lineups, their current headliners were probably better. Its not gone more mainstream it has just gone for a younger demographic. Glasgow still has a superb gig scene I really don't see the problem to be honest.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, harryomatic said:

Played 4th down in 2017. New album under their belt, in front of a home crowd, cheap booking option: it'll be 2nd or 3rd.

But at reading and Leeds they are 7th down so maybe king Tut's headliner.

2 hours ago, jj200 said:

But at reading and Leeds they are 7th down so maybe king Tut's headliner.

The difference in their popularity in England and Scotland is huge. In 2015, they headlined the Hydro, and on their last tour they played 3 sold out nights at the Barrowlands. Same way Gerry Cinnamon plays diddy slots at Glasto or R&L but subs at TRNSMT. Different markets, different demands.

On 7/14/2019 at 10:50 AM, gfa said:

Will capaldi even be relevant then though, a year is a long way away. Would be a shame to see them back two years running (three for gerry) although would probably sell alright.

Lewis Capaldi wasn't due to play this year. It wasn't until Snow Patrol pulled out due to ill health a month ago that he was added to the line up, I'm sure tickets for the Sunday were sold out within a day or two of him being announced as a replacement. 

I think the original plan would have been for him to not play this year, do his Summer Sessions, Academy and Hydro shows later this year then return to TRNSMT 2020. Wouldn't be surprised if he headlined next year tbh. 

You could potentially add Snow Patrol in the mix for playing next year with having to pull out this year.

Twin Atlantic have decreased in popularity since the second album so they won't sub. Kendrick has no chance of headlining a festival here again.

some very quick mockups ive done, maybe placed slowthai too low? would like some feedback x 

fridah trnsmt 2020 mock 1.png

saturday trnsmt 2020 mock 1.png

sunday trnsmt 2020 mock 1.png

Outside of Tame Impala, those are decent placings. You might be right about Slowthai's standing by then.