TRNSMT Lineup 2020

RarerThanDandyB

On 1/20/2020 at 11:01 AM, gordo1701 said:

I found the Falkirk thing quite weird as well but since finding out that it only has 3 sides due to budget, it actually seems perfect for gigs. Actually can’t wait for the show!

I think as a de factor warm-up show for first night of the stadium tour with a new production that its a pretty decent choice tbf.

Edited by charlierc

6 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I think as a result of this Summer Sessions in Glasgow isn't in August this year

That would make sense given they have announced Galvanize Fest at SWG3 which is 'a brand new concert series' in Aug. 

10 minutes ago, Cocky19 said:

That would make sense given they have announced Galvanize Fest at SWG3 which is 'a brand new concert series' in Aug. 

Think a lot of this was to try and get some more darkness also, I heard this could be as many as 10 night, but it isn't concluded yet. 

Bands and artists who have a chance of being there (according to a friend who works in festival organizing and promoting)

- Cage The Elephant (only meant to have limited UK dates this year) 

- Inhaler 

- The National (only meant to have limited UK dates this year) 

- beabadoobee 

- Bombay Bicycle Club 

- King Krule 

- Vampire Weekend (only meant to have limited UK dates this year) 

- Georgia 

- IDLES 

- Fontaines DC 

- Easy Life 

- The Big Moon 

- slowthai 

- Mura Masa 

- Bakar 

- Dua Lipa 

- Sam Fender 

- Temples 

- The Black Keys (rumoured for only one single gig in the UK this summer, but more likely Hyde Park BST or All Points East)  

1 hour ago, DomDom1984 said:

Tame Impala are absolute nobodies anyway. Everyone likes the idea of them being a big deal but I'm willing to bet they couldn't even sell out the Barrowlands.

They sold out it out really quickly in 2015 and they've got plenty bigger since then. 

I don't expect to see them in Scotland for a while though, they're in between something like the Swg3 yard/Usher Hall and The Hydro. So there's not really a place for them

• Upvote 1

I was told Guns n Roses and Post Malone were 'Summer Sessions' this year, so I suspect that is it for Glasgow outdoor shows and Summer Session is just confined to Edinburgh, as Bellahouston being out of commission and there now being 6 outdoor shows inc Trnsmt at Glasgow Green

7 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I was told Guns n Roses and Post Malone were 'Summer Sessions' this year, so I suspect that is it for Glasgow outdoor shows and Summer Session is just confined to Edinburgh, as Bellahouston being out of commission and there now being 6 outdoor shows inc Trnsmt at Glasgow Green

Would make sense since the Edinburgh SS got announced as well. Bit disappointed right enough.

Guns and Roses and Post Malone are pretty big names to be throwing around a couple of weeks before Trnsmt. I wonder if it was impact on sales... probably not G'n'R, but i imagine a fairly big crossover in crowds with Post?  

I'm surprised Playground Festival hasn't had a mention on here. Underworld headlining the Friday and they've all but confirmed Flaming Lips for the Sunday, that's shaping up to be a solid weekend. 

I'm also curious about the SWG3 gigs, i'm just dreaming here but Despacio and the Rapture would suit SWG3.  I'm looking forward to those announcements, hoping for some decent bands to be playing.