RarerThanDandyB

TRNSMT Lineup 2020

On 10/14/2019 at 4:07 PM, johnfromncusa said:

At least two of the headliners will likely come from this list:

LG

Biffy

Stereophonics

All will be touring to support new albums.

At least two of the subs will likely come from this list:

Keane

Courteeners

Kaiser Chiefs

Sam Fender

All will be touring to support new albums.

Your wrong mate my ITK source says at least 2 of these will be headliners 

Gerry Cinnamon

capaldi

Gerry Cinnamon 

And at least 2 of these will likely be subs

Harry Styles

Bewitched

Steps

Edited by Threestripes
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Threestripes said:

Your wrong mate my ITK source says at least 2 of these will be headliners 

Gerry Cinnamon

capaldi

Gerry Cinnamon 

And at least 2 of these will likely be subs

Harry Styles

Bewitched

Steps

Won't be Gerry cimon

Maybe something like: 

Lewis Capaldi/ The Script

Coldplay/ Sam Fender

Liam Gallagher/ Two Door Cinema Club

No idea if they could get Coldplay but thinking it's a possibility if they aren't doing Hampden etc. Gerry Cinnamon to do Summer Sessions I reckon. Capaldi wasn't meant to play this year so was probs being lined up for 2020 and he's only got more popular. LG did it in 2018 but he sold it very well and is playing Hydro in the winter which a good few headliners have done.

With Twin Atlantic choosing to play in Killie, Motherwell and Dundee, rather than Edinburgh and Glasgow for their UK tour. There is probably now a higher chance that they will now be on the lineup for next year. 

1 hour ago, Richie95 said:

With Twin Atlantic choosing to play in Killie, Motherwell and Dundee, rather than Edinburgh and Glasgow for their UK tour. There is probably now a higher chance that they will now be on the lineup for next year. 

This logic suggests that Royal blood will headline either SS or TRNSMT next year.

7 hours ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Maybe something like: 

Lewis Capaldi/ The Script

Coldplay/ Sam Fender

Liam Gallagher/ Two Door Cinema Club

No idea if they could get Coldplay but thinking it's a possibility if they aren't doing Hampden etc. Gerry Cinnamon to do Summer Sessions I reckon. Capaldi wasn't meant to play this year so was probs being lined up for 2020 and he's only got more popular. LG did it in 2018 but he sold it very well and is playing Hydro in the winter which a good few headliners have done.

Sat/sun very decient.

Chances of Primal scream playing?

I don't see Fender that high yet. Or TDCC for that matter. All of the subs were arena size this year. TDCC couldn't sell out two nights at the Academy.

Fender has a better chance I guess but I don't see it happening. Reckon Feeder will be mucking about lower down the bill and definitely think Phonics will be subbing. 

1 hour ago, NerdsNatterings said:

Are stereophonics likely to drop down to sub 2 years after headlining? 

I think they only headlined because it was 5 days.

2 minutes ago, jj200 said:

I think they only headlined because it was 5 days.

Yeah I agree but just because of that I'm not sure they'll book them any lower. Would be a very strong sub if they got them 

Stereophonics don’t really take non-headline festival shows in the UK anymore. I recall them subbing V Fest and TITP before, but I feel like they’re starting to get precious about their billing.

Really? They tagged a couple of festivals on this year, and only did one because it was a last minute replacement. It was mainly focused on their own shows this summer. Last summer they played, and didn't headline festivals in Europe.

As I said. Nothing has changed.

Friday: Liam Gallagher, The Script, The Vaccines, Sam Fender, Yungblud, Sea Girls, The Dunts

Saturday: Courteeners, Special Guest: Billie Eilish, Sundara Karma, Circa Waves, The Hunna, The Magic Gang, Retro Video Club 

Sunday: Biffy Clyro, Sterephonics, Twin Atlantic, Miles Kane, The View, RAT BOY, Ten Tonnes

Kasabian just announcing they are doing their Solstice again in Leicester next year and have said it’s their only UK show for 2020, so that’s them ruled out. Thought they were going to be nailed on for next year tbh

1 hour ago, 5rebbecas said:

Kasabian just announcing they are doing their Solstice again in Leicester next year and have said it’s their only UK show for 2020, so that’s them ruled out. Thought they were going to be nailed on for next year tbh

Fucksake