TRNSMT Lineup 2020

RarerThanDandyB

18 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

Chemical Brothers definitely aren't, and absolutely no major festival will have them as a main stage headliner again unless they suddenly have a resurgence.

The Prodigy at a push could be big enough, but DF haven't seen them as such for years, hence constantly being thrown onto the second stage.

Agreed but how good would it be having the chemical brothers on before someone like Kasabian .

What a bounce....

17 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

I reckon The 1975 are an absolute dead cert for next year, and possibly Biffy Clyro on there too.

Fuck knows how close they were to getting Coldplay in 2017 but they definitely tried, and they might well be about in 2020, although they're likely be doing their own stuff I think.

Throw Ellie Goulding in for a decent slot not headlining and that's my predictions. So...

The 1975/Coldplay/Biffy Clyro
Stereophonics/Courteeners/Billie Eilish
Ellie Goulding/Two Door Cinema Club/Kaiser Chiefs

1975 got dismissed earlier in this thread by mezhyp1.

17 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

Just read that there about The 1975's sales. I guess they're out then. I predicted Liam Gallagher earler in the thread and I wonder how likely he is.

Fairly likely I would expect. One date in the Hydro next month and it's usually the case that at least one of the headliners will have done that. He's also a big ticket shifter based on his last appearance, think they'd book him if they can.

I heard that Muse did try & get a date in the Hydro but it didn’t work out so there’s a chance that they’ll do one of the Scottish festivals as the ads for their September Arena dates stated “Last UK shows of this tour for 2019” seems oddly specific to me. 

I’d also like to throw in a guess that Keane will be one of the subs for 2020 as I believe they’re doing a bunch of festivals next year & they were TITP regulars before their hiatus. One of the few old staples yet to play TRNSMT. But I did say this last year haha. Wishful thinking on my part. 

12 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

I need to note that I'd be absolutely over the moon with Billie Eilish as a headliner. Guaranteed a cracking close to the evening with that.

She’d make a great headliner & seems like a possibility. Got a ticket for one of her shows in London. If she’s playing with a great sub then I’ll go to TRNSMT but I think her visuals could get ruined from it not being dark enough as a few outdoor shows I’ve been to have their visuals ruined due to it being very sunny

3 hours ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Billie Eilish would do nothing for me at all but could defo see her being booked. Fits in with style of booking last year and is doing NOS and Probs Mad Cool the same weekend. Would mean three days in a row tho I think. 

Probably very unlikely if an act plays in Spain and Portugal the same weekend. Can’t think of anyone who played both NOS and MC this year who ended up on trnsmt line up

At least two of the headliners will likely come from this list:

LG

Biffy

Stereophonics

All will be touring to support new albums.

At least two of the subs will likely come from this list:

Keane

Courteeners

Kaiser Chiefs

Sam Fender

Edited by johnfromncusa

21 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Nah not got a clue yet mate 

I just have slight reason beyond logic to be sure it won't be The 1975, which it won't be 

Hopefully you find out again, planning mad cool this year anyway so would probs not be here for it anyway but nice to know in advance if I was missing anything amazing (unlikely i know)

Could defo see LG doing it again but outwith that not sure at all.

On 10/14/2019 at 4:07 PM, johnfromncusa said:

At least two of the headliners will likely come from this list:

LG

Biffy

Stereophonics

At least two of the subs will likely come from this list:

Keane

Courteeners

Kaiser Chiefs

Sam Fender

Your wrong mate my ITK source says at least 2 of these will be headliners 

Gerry Cinnamon

capaldi

Gerry Cinnamon 

And at least 2 of these will likely be subs

Harry Styles

Bewitched

Steps

Edited by Threestripes
  • Like 1