TRNSMT Lineup 2020

RarerThanDandyB

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/19/2020 at 8:20 PM, Pottsy2913 said:

Statement released today saying that they intend on going ahead. Think they are lucky as they are one of the later festivals. Will still be very hit or miss, could go either way.

Are people honestly still thinking things like this? There is no either way. Everything is off for the foreseeable.

19 hours ago, devilman said:

Are people honestly still thinking things like this? There is no either way. Everything is off for the foreseeable.

Yes, there are people still thinking like this. When you see events like This is Tomorrow and Slam Dunk being moved to August and September respectively, why is it so out of the realms of possibility that TRNSMT (a festival in July) could go ahead?

I'm not saying it's right that certain festivals go ahead (the safest thing to do would be cancelling everything), but I can't see that happening.

12 hours ago, Pottsy2913 said:

Yes, there are people still thinking like this. When you see events like This is Tomorrow and Slam Dunk being moved to August and September respectively, why is it so out of the realms of possibility that TRNSMT (a festival in July) could go ahead?

I'm not saying it's right that certain festivals go ahead (the safest thing to do would be cancelling everything), but I can't see that happening.

I think trnsmt needs to cancel.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, RiMo said:

Does anyone have any news on the likelihood of this going ahead? With BST biting the dust, I fear this might also be cancelled/postponed. Just got our LG tickets in the post too!

With BST gone, looks grim for TRNSMT unfortunately. Announcement any day now is quite likely.

9 hours ago, Pottsy2913 said:

With BST gone, looks grim for TRNSMT unfortunately. Announcement any day now is quite likely.

Aye, Belladrum put out a post yesterday saying that although they are holding on for the moment, that they are expecting to have to cancel!

We have tickets for Doune the rabbit hole..... I'll be astonished if that goes ahead..... ☹️

On 4/14/2020 at 2:07 AM, addicted2noise said:

With ticketmaster now only offering refunds on cancelled events I wonder if TRNSMT and other live nation festivals will now be "postponed" until next year and prevent any refunds.

I can't see how you can postpone a festival.  I get they're trying to cover their business and the individual tours, and you could argue that I've bought a ticket to see a specific artist at a specific venue.  The line up scheduled for this year will maybe be the polar opposite to what 2021 will bring and as such I'd think (hope) that refunds or carry forwards are the options for festivals.  I carried forward my Download ticketand will do the same for Belladrum, but would prefer a refund for Mad Cool to give me the choice of the European festival that suits my taste next year 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Thestylishkidintheriot said:

Only surprise is it took this long to announce it. 

Really weird wording as well to say it was due to the first minister's comments yesterday rday as if they should have played any part. 

Time to start next year thread

21 hours ago, Thestylishkidintheriot said:

Really weird wording as well to say it was due to the first minister's comments yesterday rday as if they should have played any part. 

TRNSMT put out a 2nd press release, making clear they'd cancelled because of covid-19 and not because of Sturgeon. :lol: