TRNSMT Lineup 2020

RarerThanDandyB

10 minutes ago, Cocky19 said:

That would make sense given they have announced Galvanize Fest at SWG3 which is 'a brand new concert series' in Aug. 

Think a lot of this was to try and get some more darkness also, I heard this could be as many as 10 night, but it isn't concluded yet. 

Bands and artists who have a chance of being there (according to a friend who works in festival organizing and promoting)

- Cage The Elephant (only meant to have limited UK dates this year) 

- Inhaler 

- The National (only meant to have limited UK dates this year) 

- beabadoobee 

- Bombay Bicycle Club 

- King Krule 

- Vampire Weekend (only meant to have limited UK dates this year) 

- Georgia 

- IDLES 

- Fontaines DC 

- Easy Life 

- The Big Moon 

- slowthai 

- Mura Masa 

- Bakar 

- Dua Lipa 

- Sam Fender 

- Temples 

- The Black Keys (rumoured for only one single gig in the UK this summer, but more likely Hyde Park BST or All Points East)  

1 hour ago, DomDom1984 said:

Tame Impala are absolute nobodies anyway. Everyone likes the idea of them being a big deal but I'm willing to bet they couldn't even sell out the Barrowlands.

They sold out it out really quickly in 2015 and they've got plenty bigger since then. 

I don't expect to see them in Scotland for a while though, they're in between something like the Swg3 yard/Usher Hall and The Hydro. So there's not really a place for them

• Upvote 1

I was told Guns n Roses and Post Malone were 'Summer Sessions' this year, so I suspect that is it for Glasgow outdoor shows and Summer Session is just confined to Edinburgh, as Bellahouston being out of commission and there now being 6 outdoor shows inc Trnsmt at Glasgow Green

7 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I was told Guns n Roses and Post Malone were 'Summer Sessions' this year, so I suspect that is it for Glasgow outdoor shows and Summer Session is just confined to Edinburgh, as Bellahouston being out of commission and there now being 6 outdoor shows inc Trnsmt at Glasgow Green

Would make sense since the Edinburgh SS got announced as well. Bit disappointed right enough.

Guns and Roses and Post Malone are pretty big names to be throwing around a couple of weeks before Trnsmt. I wonder if it was impact on sales... probably not G'n'R, but i imagine a fairly big crossover in crowds with Post?  

I'm surprised Playground Festival hasn't had a mention on here. Underworld headlining the Friday and they've all but confirmed Flaming Lips for the Sunday, that's shaping up to be a solid weekend. 

I'm also curious about the SWG3 gigs, i'm just dreaming here but Despacio and the Rapture would suit SWG3.  I'm looking forward to those announcements, hoping for some decent bands to be playing.

So just one more to come then if 6 shows? trnsmt being 3 then guns n.roses and post Malone.

I wonder who it could be...

Left field shout of The Strokes who are about Europe at the time. Maybe T Swift who is doing the same. Outwith that my mind is blank and both of them don't seem highly likely.

I could see SWG3 getting some good names for that August thing along the lines of Foals last year. Bombay Bicycle Club I saw last night and are doing two nights at Barras, could see them playing it for example.

7 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

So just one more to come then if 6 shows? trnsmt being 3 then guns n.roses and post Malone.

I wonder who it could be...

Left field shout of The Strokes who are about Europe at the time. Maybe T Swift who is doing the same. Outwith that my mind is blank and both of them don't seem highly likely.

I could see SWG3 getting some good names for that August thing along the lines of Foals last year. Bombay Bicycle Club I saw last night and are doing two nights at Barras, could see them playing it for example.

Nah, but I have reason to believe they might be in Glasgow later in the year on tour, but not quite 100% on it. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, devilman said:

It's the Greenday one already announced.

Aw shite I forgot about that. That's probs the lot then.

2 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Nah, but I have reason to believe they might be in Glasgow later in the year on tour, but not quite 100% on it. 

Oh really that's interesting. Later in the year as in a winter arena tour? Or like later in the summer?

Can't picture them doing an extensive tour but with new album who knows..

2 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Aw shite I forgot about that. That's probs the lot then.

Oh really that's interesting. Later in the year as in a winter arena tour? Or like later in the summer?

Can't picture them doing an extensive tour but with new album who knows..

December, I don't know the extent of any other dates, but certainly have reason to think they'll be in Glasgow

• Upvote 2