TRNSMT Lineup 2020

RarerThanDandyB

1 hour ago, gordo1701 said:

I wish it will be the Killers but Falkirk was advertised as their only Scottish show of 2020 so doubt it. But it’s only a few days before the Falkirk show so maybe 

But the killers usually do a festival in the UK on their tours so it seems strange that they haven't been anconned for one unless they are playing reading and leeds but even that looks unlikely since they are not doing anything in August.

It's not that weird when you consider they don''t usually do extended stadium tours here. The odd stadium show here or there to coincide with a festival but this is the first time they've done a proper lengthy stadium tour. Makes perfect sense not to do festivals with it.

That said, they're all sold out, so there's nothing to stop them tagging this on, and no doubt Radio1 will ask the question.

1 minute ago, DomDom1984 said:

It's not that weird when you consider they don''t usually do extended stadium tours here. The odd stadium show here or there to coincide with a festival but this is the first time they've done a proper lengthy stadium tour. Makes perfect sense not to do festivals with it.

That said, they're all sold out, so there's nothing to stop them tagging this on, and no doubt Radio1 will ask the question.

But radio 1 have booked stabuim bands in the past take Coldplay,muse and foo fighters for example. 

5 minutes ago, jj200 said:

But the killers usually do a festival in the UK on their tours so it seems strange that they haven't been anconned for one unless they are playing reading and leeds but even that looks unlikely since they are not doing anything in August.

In fairness, they’re doing a massive stadium tour. I reckon they won’t have booked any festivals to make sure they give themselves the best chance of selling that out.

Just now, wro_lap said:

In fairness, they’re doing a massive stadium tour. I reckon they won’t have booked any festivals to make sure they give themselves the best chance of selling that out.

But they are doing fest's in Europe which they are co- headlining.

But I reckon they have gotten bigger in the UK maybe big weekend could just be a warm up gig for their tour.

1 minute ago, jj200 said:

But they are doing fest's in Europe which they are co- headlining.

But I reckon they have gotten bigger in the UK maybe big weekend could just be a warm up gig for their tour.

Europe is different from them UK. Also I wouldn’t call Mad Cool a co-headline, that has two full headliners per night. It’s all semantics!

They could I guess, depends how late they book their headliners. I don’t think they will, but it’s possible.

4 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

Europe is different from them UK. Also I wouldn’t call Mad Cool a co-headline, that has two full headliners per night. It’s all semantics!

They could I guess, depends how late they book their headliners. I don’t think they will, but it’s possible.

And big weekend headline sets are only about 50-60 mins long so it could be short for them 

15 hours ago, gordo1701 said:

I wish it will be the Killers but Falkirk was advertised as their only Scottish show of 2020 so doubt it. But it’s only a few days before the Falkirk show so maybe 

Falkirk seemed a strange one when it was announced.

Makes more sense now if it was always the plan to tie in with the Radio 1 thing.

38 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

Falkirk seemed a strange one when it was announced.

Makes more sense now if it was always the plan to tie in with the Radio 1 thing.

I found the Falkirk thing quite weird as well but since finding out that it only has 3 sides due to budget, it actually seems perfect for gigs. Actually can’t wait for the show!

On 1/20/2020 at 11:01 AM, gordo1701 said:

I found the Falkirk thing quite weird as well but since finding out that it only has 3 sides due to budget, it actually seems perfect for gigs. Actually can’t wait for the show!

I think as a de factor warm-up show for first night of the stadium tour with a new production that its a pretty decent choice tbf.

Edited by charlierc

6 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I think as a result of this Summer Sessions in Glasgow isn't in August this year

That would make sense given they have announced Galvanize Fest at SWG3 which is 'a brand new concert series' in Aug.