TRNSMT Lineup 2020

RarerThanDandyB

9 hours ago, gfa said:

Got to say its pretty stacked - all sub headliners wouldn't look ridiculously out of place headlining to say the least

They would, you realize that only Liam out of that lot is big enough to do major headline spots and TRNSMT isn't even really that anymore. Courteeners and Lewis Capaldi aren't going to headline any other major festivals bar maybe IOW. Courteeners could get a scarily high spot at Glastonbury though this year and Capaldi is going to be at least 3rd down Pyramid, doing the subbing like Ezra really isn't out of realism.

That other band that I don't like to mention....you aren't heading Sounds of the City and picking up a Reading headline spot or Glastonbury in the same year.

2 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

Lewis Capaldi is easily big enough here to headline. Imagine being so stupid as to not see this.

I said that you idiot, but he's not going to get headline slots at BST or Glastonbury yet, he's sub level at the biggest one's and TRNSMT and IOW aren't top level headline anymore as seen by Courteeners and the previous bookings of both of these. The Killers weren't but are clearly now back to a higher level now.

Lewis Capaldi will only be doing smaller slots elsewhere because he has one album. It sure doesn't have anything to do with how big he is. That's probably the only reason that Gerry Cinnamon didn't headline TRNSMT this year as well, as he was headliner in all but name.

Saying he isn't big enough is blatantly untrue.

Capaldi headlining was the most obvious booking I've ever seen. DF must be licking their lips at the thought of the success him and G Cinnamon are having- it's like printing money for them. LG another no brainer. Courteeners are the only curve ball who really have done nothing to merit the step up.

In 2018 they booked big name, expensive headliners like AM and Queen and it ended up selling better last year with cheaper and 'smaller' names. Makes sense for them to continue what works.

1 hour ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Capaldi headlining was the most obvious booking I've ever seen. DF must be licking their lips at the thought of the success him and G Cinnamon are having- it's like printing money for them. LG another no brainer. Courteeners are the only curve ball who really have done nothing to merit the step up.

In 2018 they booked big name, expensive headliners like AM and Queen and it ended up selling better last year with cheaper and 'smaller' names. Makes sense for them to continue what works.

I think its 3 well thought out headliners which DF know will draw a crowd each day and sell well. I get the feeling Courteeners have a bigger pull up here than down South.

Personally not enough each day that appeals to me to make me consider buying tickets. Maybe future announcements may sway me but not holding much hope. 

10 hours ago, thewayiam said:

They would, you realize that only Liam out of that lot is big enough to do major headline spots and TRNSMT isn't even really that anymore. Courteeners and Lewis Capaldi aren't going to headline any other major festivals bar maybe IOW. Courteeners could get a scarily high spot at Glastonbury though this year and Capaldi is going to be at least 3rd down Pyramid, doing the subbing like Ezra really isn't out of realism.

That other band that I don't like to mention....you aren't heading Sounds of the City and picking up a Reading headline spot or Glastonbury in the same year.

Its a business at the end of the day - just read the comment I quoted below really to back that up. They have found their target audience and its clearly working this is going to sell out easily and the headliners are far cheaper than when they had Arctics/Killers/Queen/Radiohead etc. Exciting bookings? Not really but I am 18 a lot of the acts I haven't seen before which is whats exciting about it for me. I totally understand if scots are pissed off but I think GSS will be staying the place where the bigger name acts go for more specific days.

4 hours ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Gerry and Capaldi are doing DF wonders honestly. LG is back a bit early but I am sure it will sell well especially with Foals as the support so not much to complain about. Good to see newer acts moving up the lineup too like Sam Fender and Capaldi. Hopefully this boost for Courteeners doesn't make them a Reading headliner in the next few years.

7 hours ago, eFestivals said:

eh? Isn't this the sort of indie-landfill line-up you were saying it was wrong for TitP to drop...? :blink: 

??

I've never been an indie landfill fan! My beef was dropping rock and any kind of musical diversity totally. There are a few indie bands I've enjoyed over the years though and these are the wrong type ? I've seen all of those ones so far though and neither individually or collectively are they tempting me to travel to Glasgow. I would have gone for Billie Eyelash and Taylor Swift believe it or not.

Just now, MattMcG said:
14 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Sorry some reason it’s not letting me type my own message. Are you referencing foals