TRNSMT Lineup 2020

RarerThanDandyB

7 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Maybe they are doing trnsmt too. Seems unlikely tho with a date in the central belt 2 months before. 

Won't be long till we know tho. 

Im sure I saw somewhere that Falkirk was their only Scottish show... to be honest though I fully expected them to announce a second date, the stadium is very small, and considering Falkirk has both Edinburgh & Glasgow only 25 miles either side of it, its pretty accessible for the whole of central Scotland, seems very weird they'd do only one show in a small stadium when they have multiple english shows in much larger venues

Just now, Lucius Cashmere said:

Im sure I saw somewhere that Falkirk was their only Scottish show... to be honest though I fully expected them to announce a second date, the stadium is very small, and considering Falkirk has both Edinburgh & Glasgow only 25 miles either side of it, its pretty accessible for the whole of central Scotland, seems very weird they'd do only one show in a small stadium when they have multiple english shows in much larger venues

Think if they were to announce another date they'd have already done so. It's actually a great location for summer gig the more I think about it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Yeah I presumed The Killers wouldn't be doing TRNSMT again so soon. Maybe they will do a summer sessions gig or something? If they were going to do another few gigs at Falkirk I think they would've announced it at the same time as when they announced the other additional dates in London and Ireland. 

Kings of Leon a big possibility for TRNSMT now? Or have they not been rumoured at all/ already ruled out? 

Whilst I would kill for KOL to headline I also doubt it. They did summer sessions 2018 and from what I recall ticket sales weren’t great. I had the two day ticket (KOL & Catfish) and Catfish was by far the busier.

One of the best bands around imo so would welcome them witch open arms.

13 minutes ago, rawzyj said:

so to be clear, do bands playing mad cool usually not do trnsmt? 

if so the majority of names on this forum are out as theyre pretty much all doing that festival.

in fairness, its a pretty big line up.

https://madcoolfestival.es/en/line-up.php

Only Capaldi and The Snuts from memory played Mad Cool and TRNSMT last year. Both played the Thursday into Friday at Mad Cool. 

More cross over between NOS Alive and Mad Cool than with TRNSMT normally bit it can be done. 

1 hour ago, Neontiger90 said:

I don't understand why the killers are only doing 1 gig in Scotland, especially at Falkirk? Unless they have something else lined up at somepoint (as of yet unannounced)

They sold out their stadium tour in like 20minutes, put extra dates on at the likes of the Emirates stadium and in Ireland, yet are playing only once in Scotland and at a small stadium compared to the other venues. Just seems strange. 

Isn't the euro's on at that time and Hampden is a venue. Not sure if other stadiums in Glasgow being used for that.  The two football grounds in Edinburgh are in residential areas and I can't recall them being used for gigs before.  Not sure about Murrayfield.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Cocky19 said:

Only Capaldi and The Snuts from memory played Mad Cool and TRNSMT last year. Both played the Thursday into Friday at Mad Cool. 

More cross over between NOS Alive and Mad Cool than with TRNSMT normally bit it can be done. 

Aye that's correct.  It's very unusual for bands to play all three.  Bilbao BBK also on same weekend.

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I saw that the announcement is today. What are we all thinking? Or what do we know?

Nothing concrete at all. Capaldi likely you would suspect. There was a fake leak with Capaldi, Martin Garrix and Swift but Mezhyp says it's not real.

Suspect LG as he will shift tix. KoL just announced for Mad Cool so maybe them. Can never rule out Biffy Clyro too. 

3 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Nothing concrete at all. Capaldi likely you would suspect. There was a fake leak with Capaldi, Martin Garrix and Swift but Mezhyp says it's not real.

Suspect LG as he will shift tix. KoL just announced for Mad Cool so maybe them. Can never rule out Biffy Clyro too. 

I'd have a guess at Capaldi and Biffy as two of the headliners.  Can't think of a 3rd but would guess something very pop orientated to attract the teenagers

26 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Didn't Liam headline in 2018, same year as The Killers last played? I'm sure both headlined that year + Artic Monkeys, although my memory is a bit hazy. 

10 minutes ago, Neontiger90 said:

Didn't Liam headline in 2018, same year as The Killers last played? I'm sure both headlined that year + Artic Monkeys, although my memory is a bit hazy. 

He did indeed. He played the hydro last week which and usually at least one of the headliners fits that pattern. He's still mad popular and his day would sell out i reckon.

• Upvote 1